So forreal, how dumb is it to join the marines right now? i kinda wanna fucking do it but idk

so forreal, how dumb is it to join the marines right now? i kinda wanna fucking do it but idk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AswmFZMLWdQ
military.com/military-fitness/navy-special-operations/navy-seal-fitness-test
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Gives Respect by peers when you come home
>Good resume thing
>Parents proud of you
>Only slim chance of getting blown up

Yeah do it op it's Worth

Be smart, go air force.
I regret every minute I spent in the marines. I can never feel like a regular person again. Always being held to a higher standard than others. It's a stressful life. Go to college, go study something and be useful. The military is stupid. Go be happy. I'm trying.

i was going to be a doctor but i got a 2.8 my first semester and failed all 4 classes my second even tho i did super well in high school. i was just kinda going through some shit but idk i dont wanna risk wasting all that time and money on school and then not get accepted to a medical school

and why is the air force better? just easier?

yeah but i hate the government and all the good they tell us the military does for us even tho its just to protect their interests, but i figure i really dont give a shit about killing some terrorists and idk if i wanna go to college anymore

>impersonated by homeless bums and scammers on the street
>spit on by the far-left
>always have to fight for your benefits
>VA healthcare is a nightmare of internal underfunding and understaffing

just not sure what other options i have since i sucked ass in freshman year

USMC Officer here.
Depends, how willing are you to make the most of it? It can be miserable or it can be an outstanding opportunity.

>spit on by the far-left
You've watched too many Rambo movies nigger

>How dumb is it to potentially risk my life for a bunch of old faggots in suits?
Pretty fucking dumb mate.

yeah but not sure if i have many options left

It's the best time to join, Trump's president.

any tips for not being totally miserable? i mean i was in college anyway so its whatever

and is there any way possible that you can think of that i can go to camp pendleton for boot instead of parris island even tho im from pennsylvania

Generally skills learnt in the air force translate better into civilian life. And it's easier.

>proving user is correct

You'd have to change your permanent address to the west coast somehow. I'm prior enlisted, went through Paris Island myself, really not that bad. You're in college though, why not pursue the officer route? As for not being miserable, it's cliche but you need to "embrace the suck". There are some shitty times as a Marine but if you work hard in the right direction I promise you it's worth it. You need to avoid other toxic Marines in the process though.

You sound like a complete moron. You'll fit right in.

yeah thanks a lot, and ill look into being an officer but im not sure i wanna finish school. idk

also what are the chances ill be deployed my first 4 years as a marine even tho we arent at war currently? id like to at least have one deployment and possibly even try to become a raider when i can but idk thats a long ways away

study for the asvab and go for navy or try to get cyber security or intel in the army. being a pog is alot more chill then being a combat mos.

take my advice dude. 8 years 12b in the army

Do it. It'll be good for you. Don't be a pussy.

Well there are a lot of factors that go into that but it's mostly going to come down to your MOS. You may be in for four years and never deploy or you might deploy frequently. Honestly though a war in Syria or N Korea are on the radar so there's that. Not sure how far a long you are but I hope you finish school at some point.

i never really got into swimming, any chance i could train to be a seal realistically or is it just not even worth it

and dont i only have to be in 4 years or am i retarded

You can do four and get out.

thanks a lot for the help

and do you know of certain mos's that deply more frequently or no

They wouldn't take me in the army. Overweight by like 20 pounds.

I'm not in shape, but holy shit, I towered over the chubby fuck that I was talking to in the recruiter station

And to be a SEAL...damn dude, that's another level. Your dedication needs to be through the roof.

Whatever branch you join make sure you get into a technical field that gives you skills to transition directly into a job when you get out. Never tell anyone you plan on getting out, and stay on peoples good side so you can go to every school applicable to your job.

If you don't want to be miserable consider another branch that's more active during peace time like AF naby or coasties. You also probably won't get shot if we go to war.

Combat related MOS are more likely but again it comes down to other factors such as your unit. If you really want to do this most let a recruiter know so they can direct you.

>asking if it's dumb to become a government puppet
neck yourself you potential sheep

i am willing to work my ass off but idk man i never got into swimming and i dont wanna fail out of buds then be stuck in the navy, id rather be a marine at that point, id try out for special forces if i wouldnt be stuck in the regular army if i failed idk

unless you are fit both mentally or physically you will fail becoming a seal. i mean if you don't mind getting cucked super hard you could go a combat arms job.

Mmm that edge is so sharp.

i know its retarded and im not doing anythiung that deserves respect but fuck college i fuckerd myself and cant go to medical shcool now

DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN WE WENT TO LZ OSPREY AT TBS?

7051 rah

BUDS is brutal man. As for the idea of getting a specific MOS to relate to the civilian world, if you become an officer in the Marines you won't have to worry about that. You'll hold multiple billets and have an outstanding resume (assuming you apply yourself).

>asking if it's dumb to become a government puppet
>neck yourself you potential sheep

so you didnt pass the asvab? or maybe didnt pass tape? oh i got it you failed during basic training huh?

>worst promotion out of all the branches
>very limited locations to go
>twice the work for less the pay

that requires me to be in school, was thinking i dont really wanna go to school but idk cant i just become a cop or something after and go to school after if i need to, since the GI bill will pay for it?

what are the odds of getting intel?
i got the IQ/asvab and intel sounds somewhat interesting but id be really fucking upset if i have to spend the next 4 years getting my ears blown out as an artilleryman or something

I just walked by LZ Osprey on Monday.

yeah CoD all the best guys are marines and i heard that you get to say "confirmed kill" over the radio whenever you no scope somebody

You don't want to join the military user. I did it for a few years and the shit I've seen fucked me up, unless you're a sadist you don't wanna fuck with that shit.

please educate your self my friendo all branches get the same base pay

Not OP but someone who's coming out of highschool as walk on varsity for most sports and very ready for the Marines, plan on going into infantry but wondering if navy seals would be better but don't understand the difference between training because I can keep going till I pass out but if its like some swim 50 miles shit

sounds retarded but id rather get deployed and kill a bunch of isis members than join the air force and be bored af and do nothing, idk dude

>i know its retarded and im not doing anythiung that deserves respect but fuck college i fuckerd myself and cant go to medical shcool now

I fucked up in college and joined the Navy, its not the end of the world. Just choose a rate that advances relatively fast. If you were good in high school you will be smart enough to ace the advancement tests, you just have to put some work into it to get the evals to make rank fast. I really only regret not joining right out of high school. As gay as it sounds I gained some self discipline working here.

Meh. It's fine. I went in, did my time, left. Just don't buy into the "Marines are gods" BS and you'll be fine.

wanna be sf go army alot of sf programs there
>sf
>cag
>phsyops
>socom
>soccent
>CA
>160th
>ranger bat (still tier 1)

4 years with chance of death brain damage limb loss or serious mental scaring with no real world experience... such a great idea

Marine= My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment

You're correct, that does sound retarded

im actually a psychopath that isnt a worry of mine

you have a better chance of getting a deployment and into combat in the army, marines dont really have the funding to be sending people out unless really needed

for marines that is very tricky as you dont get to pick your job. but in the army if you get 80+ on the asvab you are good to go. i had a GT score of 136 but my recruiter fucked me by saying combat engineer was a good mos.

ya but at least you'd get bitches to suck you off in your wheelchair

>twisted fucking cyclepath

yeah, i just didnt wanna be stuck in the army if i failed SFAS you know? id rather be in the normal marines than normal army if that makes any sense. how do i even train for SFAS? if im confident i might make it, ill just go army but i need to train first to make sure im not just wasting my time

goes back to promotions homie

lol pussy. i bet you are one of the fucking fobbits that only heard gun fire.

honest truth they wont accept you unless your older so heres my advice i give to all my guys

go 11b, go airborne, go to rasp ( ranger regiment) pick up e5-e6 go sf
sf will kick you out for not being old enough

youtube.com/watch?v=AswmFZMLWdQ

thats whazt ive heard. so you think the rangers wouldnt care that im younger though? that selection process for rangers seems fucking hard as im 6'1" 150, carrying 80 pounds for 10 miles or whatever cant be easy at all..

>yeah, i just didnt wanna be stuck in the army if i failed SFAS you know? id rather be in the normal marines than normal army if that makes any sense. how do i even train for SFAS? if im confident i might make it, ill just go army but i need to train first to make sure im not just wasting my time

Talk to a recruiter, and tell them this. Most offices have groups of hopefuls like you that are training before they get sent to basic training. Some of them have a regional coordinator, local vets, or contacts from SF programs to help out, or could at least talk to you about it.

idk i got to ssg in 6 years then left when i found a better job. my last year in was fucking lit. i signed on for 1 more year for 15k to just chill in the Microsoft acap classes

do you know how old i have to be to realistically have a shot at becoming sf

In 2004 I was in Kuwait, fob wolverine?, sitting in a chow hall with my battle. We hadn't gone to Iraq yet and we were sitting at a table with two marines who just came back from Iraq. I was army and I talked to one marine and asked what he did. Like job wise(MOS). Very sharply he replied "I killed!" And that was the end of it. Had a lasting impression on me. Like they get brainwashed hardcore. I was a combat engineer and saw stuff and did things, but not as a robot. I'm not a robot.

coast guard would be a better choice.
think about that for a moment

>do you know how old i have to be to realistically have a shot at becoming sf

Army doesn't take people for sf right away like the other poster said. Your best bet is rangers or another branch for sf.

sounds boring af

they will build you up, it all comes down to never giving up, read the rangers creed and live by it they get a boner from that

Any reasoning behind it? Because if its just for the money or a free place to stay, go Chair Force.

i cant go marines for sf since you need to be a certain rank, not sure if i can go navy cause i never really got into swimming (not sure if this is actually an issue but i assume it is), but people online say as of this year, the rate of new people m,aking it past SF selection doubled to 50% but idk

i want something that isnt boring, gruesome shit doesnt phase me, i dont wanna be behind a desk all day or washing a boat or something

Depends on what you want to do with your life. If you want to be a cop, the vast majority of them were former marines. You could be some type of mercenary or private security and get paid well for it also.

Also, some people have a primitive type of bloodlust left over from the early primate days. The desire to slaughter the chimp pack on the other side of the hill.

Some men with high levels of testosterone have warriors instinct and there are few modern careers that scratch that itch outside of military.

Yes, there's a chance of getting killed and maimed in battle, but some men love that shit. Nothing gets them high quite like a tour of duty. And some men hate it.

If you're against the middle eastern wars, you have no business joining any branch of the military.

And if you hate the classroom but really want to get into a technical field (and you have decent intelligence), a stint in Navy or Air Force is often seen as equivalent to a degree in whatever you did, and the civilian version of those jobs usually pay pretty well.

That and being able to retire with full pension in 20 years pretty much sets you up for life. The rest of your life is guaranteed to be good.

So Marines is worth it but I don't wanna do army cause its too low, the downsides of Marines is just not getting to do anything or seeing action even when going into infantry?

No more dumb than it always is. Joining the Marines is always a dumb choice. That's why only dumb people do it.

My bet is, the guy you replied to is either underage or baiting hard.
Even keked a little at him asking to join seals with 18.

One of my girlfriends is currently a MP in the USMC. She spent a year in Japan and says they would just get drunk as fuck and do nothing. Shes currently at Camp Lejune and now bitches constantly about how she hates it.

yeah i wanna be in combat, thats why SF /SEALs appealed so much to me but im not a big swimmer so i figure seals is probably unrealistic

Are you in shape? Kinda matters

prior usmc officer here......

I liked it......

but if you enlist......and you're having second thoughts......

You'll hate it. I'm sure of it.

If you don't take to water like a fish then the Seals aren't for you.

skinnier but yeah, and im working out most days, but i dont swim, not that im unable to, but i never actually like properly swam or whatever, never was on a swim team or anything so idk if seals is feasible or not, do they train you before buds or are you fucked if you arent already a strong swimmer? and idk if i wanna hold my breath for a minute tbh sounds aids af

You should serve your county user. I'm joining as soon as I get my GED.

Here's my opinion. I'm a former Marine and Former Army and now career Air Force.
Marine boot camp is to mentally break you down and rebuild you into a fighter. And that's really litteral. You get brainwashed from all your priorities in life, future, and personal well being to commit yourself fully for whatever orders are given to you. "Go fill sandbags" why? "don't fucking talk back!" When you get out, its basically a brand. You can't change a tire on a car? You were a marine, you should know how to! Can't run 3 miles in under 16 minutes? You were a marine! You should be able to! And if you go to war, you will NEVER know why you were there or will ever figure out the big picture until its too late. Higher ups will never tell you anything, you basically become a patriotic slave.

Army: its like the lighter version of a Marine. The main difference is the job you learn is transferable to civilian life. The mentality and atmosphere you'll encounter is every mistake you make or if someone makes a mistake, everyone will get yelled at. Corporal punishment is alive and well in the Army. You will work out til you drop. Its like being in bootcamp for 4 years. Jobs are cooler, but have to suffer for years.

Navy: Lots of fucking on boats is all I know. Expect that 1 female to have sex with 20 guys per night. Might catch a STD. I don't know, that's all I hear about with the Navy. Its all sex.

Air Force: You do not fight. College atmosphere. You can talk to officers like they were your friend. Jobs are extremely transferable. They also tell you EVERYTHING. Its important that you know the big picture. If you're driving a truck, you better know there's a fucking nuke in it and where it's going and who's it going to. They tell you personally all of that. They treat you with respect and treat you like an adult. If you mess up, you don't end up scrubbing a toilet for 5 days straight. You get written up and told that you're adult.

Nah man go Army with me, we can do the buddy system

>GED
You're perfect for the military.

why would i do that, serious question

or are u fucking with me i honestly cant tell

You could've just googled it. Seals requirements are not that hard, its the training afterwards. Most people would be able to pass this tests.

military.com/military-fitness/navy-special-operations/navy-seal-fitness-test

Go officer. Money is better. Way better. Also, if you go Air Force, try to be a pilot. The world spins around them, cause they're the stars.

yeah i know how hard marine boot camp is, that doesnt phase me tbh. i know what to expect. my ultime goal would be army special forces but idk if thats actually feasible, i guess i could maybe just train before deploying, i need time for the THC to get out of my system anyway lol

There is a buddy system in the military, my dad did it when he went in. As for the seriousness of it, I live on the east coast and already have my ship date so I don't think it would be possible.

>Just find a friend who is interested in joining and do the buddy system

Nothing wrong with a GED, I got mine last November and have two colleges semesters behind me, and just got a scholarship for two more semesters yesterday.

>Nothing wrong with a GED
I guess you're right. It is good enough.

yeah i know those are the intial requirements but that doesnt mean ill be ready to swim miles at buds while being sleep deprived and fatigued af, plus i have good stamina but i have like no swimming technique so im not sure if i alrady need that going in or if they can train me

If you want to do it, do it but go in with a plan don't just hold a rifle for 4 years. Pick a career field that transfers over to civilian life and let them train you in it. Also make sure your going to be guaranteed a spot In that field, even if you have to wait a while for entry.

Say what you want, I'd still be honoured to serve in the Marines.

/thread

If you want to be a mindless pawn living for someone else there are better causes out there than protecting some old Jew's gold.

Joining the air force next year after I get my two year degree, gonna go through ROTC and earn my Masters in chemistry. Any advice?