Just got fired from my job at a supermarket for taking a coupon that a customer didn't want and using it during my...

Just got fired from my job at a supermarket for taking a coupon that a customer didn't want and using it during my break.

I was never told this policy about not using customers' coupons.

Do I fight for my job or move on?

move on

Not much you can do, even if you get your job back it's not like you'll ever get a promotion. You could try at other jobs then move back if you've lost hope. It really is a stupid ass rule.

was it worth it, dipshit?

What was the coupon for?

what was the coupon for?

Learn from it. At low paid jobs with interchangeable personal never do something that think could be maybe cause problems.

JINX KNOCK ON WOOD

For what was the coupon?

Coupon for was what the?

Don't fight for your job. When you go get your last check or whatever, explain that they did not inform you that it was a rule. If that doesn't fly, move on. Their loss.

Shit save about three fiddy.

One of my local gas stations offers a free fountain drink after so many purchases. Their machines spit out these coupons after you pay for the 7th drink.

One day when one of these coupons was supposed to print, I watched the mouth breather behind the counter just stuff it in his pocket and then tell me to have a nice day.

These rules were created because of faggots like him - you were fired because of faggots like him.

Coupon was for a free pint of some organic Ice Cream

That means it cost them less to find someone new whos more productive than keep paying you. They probably look for a reason to fire you since a few weeks.

Did they inform you you cannot take cash from your till and keep it as well?

Its an integrity issue. If you are willing to do that, what else have you done and what else might you do?

Move on and don't be an idiot at your next job.

Apologize, say you didn't know it was a problem, and see what they say.

but pretty much move on

i mean, it's a shit job from a supermarket and you were fired from it. why would you even want to fight for that? if i were in your shoes, i would see this as an opportunity to do something better

Not OP. I agree he should move on.

However I would not consider this on the same level. if a customer does not want the coupon it is not stealing for him to use the coupon that the customer "gave him".

Every time I go checkout this long line of coupons prints...I do not want them but I can not opt of them.

OP move on. Sadly if its a major grocery chain them telling you is going to be buried in one of the employee training books you got to skim when you first started. I assure you at some point you signed something saying you were "trained". The only thing is to be prepared to explain why you were let go should any job ever ask, chances are if they call for refernces (depending on the laws in your state) the response is going to be that you are not eligible for rehire...which would be a big negative.

sounds like they were looking for a reason to can you

did you step on someones toes?

Lol I just got the job a month and a half ago, and they're short handed as is...

and I agree with , I needed to print some initials on electronic forms when I was hired and doing my training on the computer for drugs, alcohol, and lotto sales. I'm just gonna have to move on.

I wasn't staying at this job permanently, this was just some pocket change and payment for my car lease. I'm graduating from uni in a month and I'm gonna look for a REAL job in august when I have a completed resume.

>that a customer didnt want

yea good luck arguing that retard. Enjoy being poor

Thanks for the words of wisdom, Sup Forums.

Here's some spiderman for your troubles.

If you only had the job a month and half do not list resume. No embarrassing questions then.

Best of luck OP

If you were unaware and were never told said policy, then you should have been given a warning.

They can't fire you for a reason you never knew existed. You call him on his bs, if he says whatever, report it to the labor board and move on.

Fight it.

If he lives in an "At-will" state, they can fire you for any reason, or no reason at any time.

did you work at Walgreens or Smiths by chance?

During probationary period they can fire you without cause.