Time To Retire The Star-Spangled Banner From Sports?

The petition: change.org/p/roger-goodell-bar-the-national-anthem-from-the-super-bowl-and-sporting-events

The History: theintercept.com/2016/08/28/colin-kaepernick-is-righter-than-you-know-the-national-anthem-is-a-celebration-of-slavery/

Liberals were a mistake

>God takes Yordano Ventura from us
>leaves this POS alive

>1 supporters
Shit thread Kaep, good job.

>NFL fans are literal cucks

Checks out. lmao you fucks are gay

You know if you take out the Anthem, we don't get political bullshit like this happening in the first place.

sports should be a distraction from politics and nationalism. With the exception of boxing, where race baiting is very essential to making the best fights.

Cash me ousside

MODS

MODS

MODS

Delete and B& op

Spamming same shit on Sup Forums

Exactly. Sporting events are a time of transient escapism in which people from all classes and backgrounds can come together to root for the same team. An investment banker gets in a cab and might have nothing in common with the driver, but there's still the possibility they could talk, not just to make small talk but actually talk, about whatever sports league.

This argument I can understand, Kaepernick's I cannot.

I don't know what the fuck Kap wants.
I'm a spic that's probably much more liberal than most of Sup Forums. And well, I guess I'm becoming much more conservative. Its not because of the redpill or any of the virgin horse shit. Its that folks like Kap, and BLM and the 3rd wave of feminism literal have 0 goals or solutions other than LISTEN TO ME AND MY TWITTER AND WATCH US MAKE IP NEW BUZZWORDS AND SHIT TO STIR OTHER PEOPLS UP AND START LE REVOLUTION.

>Yordano Ventura

Baseball Spic, don't care.

Kek

PAHAHAHAHA
deserved for listening to FDR

good. as a non american i find it annoying that i have to sit through an awful version of an awful anthem just to watch a game. the nfl now is going international making this trumpet tooting practice even more obsolete and non-sensical

>I don't know what the fuck Kap wants.

Neither does he. Remember that he didn't even vote, and that he wore a pro-Fidel shirt without knowing anything about the guy or being able to answer a single question about him. Kap is a poser, just another Miami kid who moved to Cali and started pretending to care about left-wing causes.

No, don't give in to the faggots, er, I mean millennials, pushing for this shit to happen.

t. millennial

Hehe yeah, fuck patriotism right guys? Who cares about country, it's just land and we all share it! Everyone has the right to go where they want; national borders are just arbitrary lines set up for a relatively insignificant time until someone else decides to change them. Fuck nationalism!!1!

You only play the anthem if you're playing vs another country in sports. If it's a domestic game what's the point? You're all Americans, who are you showing off your patriotism to?

In that case, don't get butthurt when Kap or some other athlete takes advantage of the national anthem to promote their political bullshit

>petitions

>signing internet petitions

Why not make that part of the competition? The team that sang the best anthem gets to start with the ball and shit.

Signed. We can't let these white people get away with this for any longer

And a national anthem of the country both are residing in played before the game affects their ability to do that how? Contrary to what leftists from the last 40 years would have you believe, a moderate amount of national pride isn't a bad thing.

Kap doing that doesn't bother me at all actually. I disagree with his views for the most part but I dont feel any autistic rage towards him

Nigga I'm watching fucking entertainment.

Imagine how ridiculous it would be the hear the anthem before you go watch a movie, or go to a concert.
It would be retarded.
So why the fuck should I hear the anthem before a sporting event, which at the end of the day is entertainment?

what about at the beginning of the night? is it still entertainment then?

puting the anthem in sports was always retarded
especialy in every game and not just a national final

put anthem only in playoffs/finals other than that it's retarded.

>Non-American posters chiming in ITT

I fucking hope so

maybe if they actually sung it well it wouldn't be so bad, but every fucking singer goes twice as slow as they should

>Imagine how ridiculous it would be the hear the anthem before you go watch a movie, or go to a concert.
They do this in India, as a matter of fact.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
It's fucking stupid to do it every week, at the start of every game. When the national anthem is being relentlessly drilled into your head, it begins to mean nothing.

Probably yes. We all had to say the Pledge of Allegiance every day from Kindergarten through senior year, and I'm still an American-hating commie pinko liberal.

To be completely honest with you, the Star Spangled Banner is a pretty shit song.

America the Beautiful would be a much better anthem.

I like this idea. Instead of a coin toss, each team has to nominate a player to sing the anthem.

>tfw the Patriots sign a professional opera singer

oh good, it's a flyover game

>We all had to say the Pledge of Allegiance every day from Kindergarten through senior year

Nobody makes you say it. You don't even have to stand up.

West coast liberals are cucks. No one east of Commiefornia supports this shit.

>I guess I'm becoming much more conservative
This is called growing up.