This whole thom yorke business

who the hell did he piss off? why are shitlibs and leftists out to get him and his band for booking a concert in israel? artists from all over have toured there since it was founded, what's the big deal

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x2D0WoWVuj4
rollingstone.com/music/news/thom-yorke-breaks-silence-on-israel-controversy-w485142
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he pissed me off the moment he FUCKED MY WIFE

Probably because they, and Thom in particular, issued a strongly worded response to the petition instead of just brushing it off or ignoring it. I'll laugh it Thom ends up getting redpilled out of this. He went from being quite passive on it all to giving the middle finger to Palestine protestors and swearing at them at the last show.

he pissed off people with ears, because he makes doodoo music

it's kind of sad that the guy is always down for some political message, just except this time it wasn't his own

Radiohead shows are not a place for political announcements, he did the right thing
just don't go to the next radiohead shows guys
*hint hint ISIS*

people have probably been wanting to tear down radiohead for twenty years, and now they've found their way in

>He went from being quite passive on it all to giving the middle finger to Palestine protestors and swearing at them at the last show.
link it?

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=x2D0WoWVuj4
People were flying Palestine flags and trying to start anti-Radiohead chants in the crowd

>ISIS
>2k17

Leftists in general, outside of Jewish leftists, are traditionally pro-Palestinian muslims, and anti-Israel. Radiohead are themselves a leftist group of people, with a leftist group of fans, which is why playing Israel has a bunch of leftists bootybothered-it is, on some level "unexpected" despite not really being controversial at all.

It's a bit like a famous country music star flying to Iran to play a gig. Not exactly but close.

lol
both sides are fucked anyway

IIRC it all started when Roger Waters tried to publically call out Thom for doing the concert, because he's an important dude in some pro-palestinian nonprofit, which backfired when Thom fought back and didn't allow to be strongmanned, giving a response in a Rolling Stone interview linked below
rollingstone.com/music/news/thom-yorke-breaks-silence-on-israel-controversy-w485142

Basically it's old musicians trying to stay relevant using shitty PR practices and preying on currently touring musicians

It wasn't just Roger, he was just one of a group of people who are part of a "boycott Israel" group who do this quite regularly.

I'll defend Yorke on that.

The way I understand it, Radiohead are a very tight-knit unit. They stick with eachother, and they don't back down.

Jonny Greenwood is married to an Israeli woman, and he has 3 kids with her. So if some people try to bash them for playing in Israel, they're directly bashing Jonny as well.

>Fuck Jonny?
>well fuck you too.

That's my theory, I think thats a big part of the meaning of that finger.

His statement about the whole thing is 100% right. Not that the band owed anyone an explanation anyway.

That being said, people have a right to voice their opposition. As long as he didn't have the flag wavers thrown out, and I don't think he did, that finger is fine with me.

But wtf is this "cultural boycott of Israel" that everyone keeps throwing around and everyone supposedly agreed to? Did a memo go out that I missed?

>But wtf is this "cultural boycott of Israel" that everyone keeps throwing around and everyone supposedly agreed to? Did a memo go out that I missed?
It's been a thing for a while. Quite a few prominent artists, academics, etc. have supported it, Roger Waters perhaps being most notable. How far the boycott goes falls to personal belief, for example a lot of people won't have anything at all to do with Israel, while others like Noam Chomsky agree with a boycott of Israeli institutes related to the government or to Israeli settlements but don't agree with a blanket ban on all of Israel. I would imagine the latter view is the one Radiohead take on the matter, that they probably wouldn't play for a government sponsored event for example, but independent companies within Israel are another matter. Radiohead have never, as far as I'm aware at least, been involved in any group that supports an Israeli boycott, but the point of them is to put pressure on people, like how they are doing with Radiohead.

Don't tons of bands play there, from all around the world, all the time?

Radiohead are definitely being singled out. There's no way they're going to bend and not play. They don't really have to answer to anyone except themselves; if they lose a few fans, they'll be totally fine. and again, Jonny Greenwood is married to an Israeli. That's been known for years, is anyone really surprised they're gigging in Tel Aviv?

Does Roger Waters expect Jonny to divorce his wife because some special interest group says so?

kek check this 5

>not doing shows in Israel because "muh terrorism"
>touring USA

The joke tells itself

I think it's as much an exercise in bringing notability to the boycott as much as it is an attempt to make Radiohead themselves boycott the country. There's a lot of people who are going to look into the whole situation and the group calling for a boycott because of this. As for why Radiohead are being targetted, I'd imagine it's down to them being a major band. They've done this with larger artists before like Pixies, Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, etc. with mixed results. They're not going to care as much if someone with an audience of 250 people play there as an someone with an audience of 25,000.

Exactly.

The whole thing is ridiculous. Roger Waters lives in New York, I think? If that is true, then he pays federal taxes which go directly towards funding Israel's military.

He's got plenty of money to move somewhere else, yet he lives and tours in the nation which gives more money to Israel, than anybody other country in the world.

He is entitled to his opinion, but it is not without bullshit attached.

>Right wing retard takes the side of Thom Yorke
2017 everyone

>ring wing
what

I'm getting really tired of Roger Waters. So he went from bullying David Gilmour to bullying Radiohead. Politics is really killing my respect for a lot of artists recently.

i don't really understand being pro-palestine anyway, from what I know, the palestines are just ethnically/culturally jordans and there's a bunch of other muslim nations that they can go to. the modern nation of palestine only exists today because israel allowed it even though they were attacked by palestine fighters numerous times. before isreal, palestine was UK territory, and before that Ottoman territory

read it again mate

The way I see it, Israel has done some really horrible shit, to Palestine. On the converse, Palestine has done plenty of fucked up shit to Israel.

Neither is the hapless victim they make themselves out to be. Special interest groups on both sides annoy me.

KEK

A lot of what israel has done from what I know is in self defense. Palestine and other arab nations are really violent and will do really bad things like use hostages to make israel look like the bad guy, though from what I heard, other arab nations besides jordan maybe don't actually care about palestine and use it as an excuse to shit on jews because islam is an imperialistic religion and they don't like israel existing.

It's not an easy situation, but I support israel more than palestine because judaism is a culture that's centered around education and critical thinking which is few and far between in the world.

Easy target too; because Thom Yorke has never kept his mouth shut when he's passionate about something, especially when his bandmate and good friend's personal life is being attacked.

He took the bait imo. But I can't really blame him.

why was this post deleted

Hmm finally something you can't blame on (((them)))

>THE PEOPLE IN ISRAEL ARE SUFFERING UNDER AN OPPRESSIVE GOVERNMENT SO WE MUST RESTRICT THEM FROM ALL FORMS OF ENTERTAINMENT AND ANYTHING THAT COULD BRING ANY FORM OF HAPPINESS TO THEIR LIVES AS WELL!