Friday Night Lights

I'm on Season 4 of this and am loving every minute.

What do the rest of you think of this show, Sup Forums?

Who on this show is our guy?

Our "guy"is Momma Smash.

Surely it's Saracen? I mean he just gives off a bumbling autist vibe constantly. Not to mention he literally got cucked by a Swede in season 2.

Also... Using football as a means to become an artist ?????

LANDRY is clearly /ourguy/

but best characters are probably saracen and vince. vince is by far the best character of the last two seasons.

Yeah I'm only on S4E03 but I'm loving him already. I like Luke a lot too.

I still miss Street and Smash though ;_; they were definitely two of the stronger characters throughout the first three seasons.

It's sad that Saracen is gonna be dropped this season (he's guest starring already), but I'm just happy as fuck that Lyla fucked right off already. Literally the worst character.

I keep hearing about it but it comes off as two things I hate most:

1. sports dramas (I dislike sports in general) and

2. overly sappy/melodramatic moments

These things put me off from watching but it has some rave review.

what do you anons recommend?

you mean Lance :-)

Chandler makes the show. He brings a really believable gravitas that elevates in above your average soapy teen bullshit. I mean all that stuff is just there, but this guy really absorbs me into the show and creates a really nice immersion.

I think you should check it out. Watch the first episode and see how you feel after their first football game. Chandler and Porter really nail it home towards the end.

That's just me though I guess. I also love sports though

lylah is the worst character but she is so fucking attractive that i didn't mind as much

I just don't understand how we were ever meant to like her?? I mean fucking Riggins was already despicable, but the fact that she just flip flopped between two people who were allegedly best friends. Slut.

But yeah, she's fit. I still reckon Julie post S2 is way hotter. Same with Tyra.

Texas forever

One of the only shows that can be considered true kino. I'm on s02e02 after not having watched it for about five years. Amazing show and I hate football

Watch the movie first. If you like it then check out the show. I think they're both good.

Does anyone know if there are any other tv shows that are shot with this documentary aesthetic?

I'm not talking about cheap mockumentary shit like Modern Family or Parks and Rec.

FNL genuinely feels like a doco sometimes, and I think that's what immerses you in the characters' lives so much. Because it actually feels real.

>julie
julie is not that attractive and is arguably a less likable character than lylah, does she ever do anything good?

>those brief moments when Coach Taylor watches Smash do college football on tv
good feels to be honest

Saracen is definitely our guy. Though Riggins is a cloae second.

She's only a self-righteous cunt in Season 2 (well as far as I've seen). So by that metric, she's infinitely better than every other girl on the show.

Lylah is the fucking WORST.
>bf gets paralysed
>fuck his best friend
>say sorry and guilt trip him
>get engaged to bf
>fuck his best friend again
>dump fiance
>start dating his best friend
>dump best friend
>refuse to go see paralysed ex in Mexico even though he's about to make a hasty life-threatening decision
>only end up going for a fucking booty call
>end up hooking up with both ex's simultaneously in Mehico
>dump both of them
>"finds God"
>dumps God
>gets back with fuckbuddy best friend
>has the nerve to call her dad a cheating piece of shit even though he was supportive of her when she was doing it
>throw unbearable hissyfits every second episode
>threaten to throw her future away just to piss off her dad
>manipulates her fuck buddy into thinking she loves him and then just ditches the second she gets a whiff of something better

She's a fucking degenerate whore. I actually don't know if there's another character on a television show that's as fucking abhorrent as her without being written to be specifically EVIL.

And I haven't even finished the show yet.

you're in for an unfortunate surprise buddy, she doesn't get better

I just hope her screentime is kept to an absolute fucking minimum. I'm stoked that she's no longer a main character in S4.

I loved the first few seasons of this show. It lost steam for me when Coach went to work for that other team, and I just kind of lost the desire to watch anymore. Does it pick up again later?

Well, I can't really tell you. I'm literally 4 episodes into the season where he switches.

There's some good new characters in Vince and Luke. Saracen is still around currently and Riggins is still a mainstay. I miss Street and Smash and the show isn't quite the same without them in my opinion. But I'm hopeful they will come back in some capacity. Lylah is fucking gone currently which is just fantastic. And I get the feeling the story is building towards the Lions completely buttfucking the Panthers. Look forward to it tbphwy. You should give it a second try, user.

Season 2 is weaker than 1, but I still enjoyed it. Shame about the writer's strike. But what can you really do.

The only thing I wish the show handled better was the characters' ages. They all seem to change their date of birth between seasons just so they could stay in school.

And when you realise Riggins and Street are supposed to be best friends in a freshman/senior dynamic, it becomes a little bit unbelievable.

But that (and Lylah obvs) are about my only qualms with the show. It's not always predictable, which is something that I love. Check the S3 finale if you wanna know what I mean.

Great show, especially season 1 and the final season.

Probably the finest pilot I've ever seen too.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>season 4 episode 5
>guest starring Minka Kelly

Kill me now.

JD became a complete cunt as well. Can't wait to see that little shit stain get it.

This, I've watched all 5 seasons and liked it but the most annoying thing was the ages. In season 1 they were clearly aiming for riggins and street to be in the same year, and Matt to be much younger but somehow riggins stays in the fucking team until like season 3? And Landry is in school until like season 4? Don't get me wrong I liked it but there was some very blatant age switching going on to keep popular characters in it.

I liked riggins best, but he's a classic chad so he's not /ourguy/. Saracen may be /ourguy/, because he's autistic as fuck.

Riggings was my favorite desu.

Loved it when it was airing on TV. Need to rewatch sometime soon. Can't believe it's been that long since it was on.

Season 1 is strong as hell, like legit GOAT.

Season 2 suffers from Writer's Strike.

S3/S4 good enough

Final season nearly season1 tier

Riggins is cool. But seriously how do you guys suffer through the Lylah shit. I legitimately started fast forwarding in season 2. I just felt like it was unfortunately because thus far that has taken up like 70% of his storyline...

He was based as fuck when he was kicked off the team and came back only to completely cock up his living arrangements with the whole Julie thing, then Coach Taylor had to end up conceding that he was "honourable". That was fun.

Last episode of final season was very good too I thought, brought people back and tied shit up well without being forced

Movie was better desu senpai

I dunnnnoooo

Kyle Chandler >>>>>>>>>> Billy Bob Thornton

best best best best show

recommend it to everyone, no one bites, those that do "wow user that was the best"

Kyle Chandler is too pretty to be a football coach. Don't bring that Kingsbury shit up either, first attractive coach ever in CFB.
No Lyla in the movie either

Well there's not really any love interests in the movie of any real significance. I mean their mainly used to show shit like the abusive father/son relationship etc... Which is actually one of the reasons I love that fucking movie so much.

Kyle Chandler was a fucking boss on FNL. He damn well owned every scene he was in. That fucking pout he does when he's pissed. I don't care if the man's pretty as fuck - he's goddamn intimidating when he wants to be. Billy Bob Thornton never brought that level to the role, even though he was still good.

bumpin for matt and julie