How to fix Batman v Superman

I think I figured out a way of fixing the biggest problem with the movie. I hate the people who try and pretend that they don't understand what the movie was going for with the whole Martha scene but I also hate the fanboys who pretend that there's nothing wrong with its execution. So here's how I would try and fix this scene.
> Cut to the Save Martha Scene
> "Why did you say that name!?"
> Batman has a flashback to his mother saying something to him.
> music builds tension
> Cut to all the criminal he killed and tortured

> Cut to black; An indistinguishable voice says: "What changed you Bruce?"

> Echoes with the voice morphing more and more

> "What changed you bruce?"

> Show the Robin suit.

the scene needs only one word. Just let superman try to say martha kent.

This is Zodds snapped neck tier

> Tintintin tin !
> The End
> A Zack Snyder movie.

Well it's the only way I can think of to make Batman not kill Superman believable.

The best way to fix it was to not release it.

If you're going to bring him back five minutes later, why bother having him "die" at all?

Tell that to Zods snapped neck

Yeah this scene fails because we needed more time to understand the backstory better of Bruce beginning to kill right when Robin died.

>"I have lost all my family and friends. I have become a monster. But now I know I can make things right. Let me save your mother"
Something like this we needed to hear from Bruce

this tbqh

symbolism
consequence
you're a blinding idiot if you think superman's gonna come back to life with nothing having changed
they've already all-but-confirmed the black suit in JL, and they want to soft-reboot the franchise
this is how

>Batman V Superman directed by David Lynch

>"SAVE MARTHA!"
Suddenly Batman pulls off his helmet as we the viewer see the face of his parents' killer laughing with a wicked smile and blood is pouring from his eyes.

The killer is crying as the blood suddenly turns to tears as it cuts to a face of Bruce now sobbing.

Lots of horrifying flashbacks of Bruce killing people and thinking about Robin as Robin's suit is shown.

Bruce looks down at Superman as Superman's face becomes his mother who suddenly lets out a terrifying scream as she says "BRUCE YOU FUCKING DEMONIC DEMON! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!"

Bruce continues to sob more and more, trying to get a hold of himself as the giant Bat appears in his vision and tries to drag him away to Hell.

Finally he comes to as he acknowledges the demon he has become and realizes that now he must make a difference finally and changes his ways.

>symbolic consequences

sounds about on snyder's level.

But if we have batman kill superman how are we going to have the shoehorned in superman vs doomsday fight?

Furthermore if batman actually does kill superman how are we going to make the casual watchers like him?

Are you really trying to make this movie interesting and complex?

Stop talking about this shit film for starters, thats one way to fix it, and watch some real upcoming kino like Dr Strange

Fitting, since it was directed by Snyder

>but we want exposition telling us how to feel rather than having to interpret things!!! REEE

It's about telling a coherent emotional, narrative rather than shoehorning things in to get ready for the next mindless punch 'em up.

Imagine there's no sequel. Focus on the story of BvS as is. The death of superman is unnecessary and carries no emotional weight. It's bad storytelling.

Finally he comes to as he acknowledges his mother Martha was the real demon

>and they want to soft-reboot the franchise
>after 3 years and 2 movies
Is this a new record?

You got that backwards
The death of superman carries more weight if you look at BvS by itself. It's literally the story of an alien that was feared by some and worshipped by others as a deity because of his power, sacrificing himself to save a world that hasn't found a place for him.

'If you seek his monument, look around you'
He saved the world, brought Bruce back from the darkness and loved those who shunned him. And in return, he died. How does that possibly carry no emotional weight?

Because he's alive 5 minutes later.

No he isnt. What makes you think this?

Just maybe.

LMAO

It's not a full reboot, and was always the plan
Do you actually have an extra chromosome or something?

>I fixed the scene by adding exposition and making everything blatantly explained

I thought autism on Sup Forums was a meme.

>and was always the plan
Gave me a good chuckle
Thanks user

Honestly, Batman's and Superman's motivation (With a shitty Lex Luthor for catalysm) for fighting each other wasn't good. I would have loved to see a Dark Knight Returns movie directed by Zack Snyder, with the same soundtrack and realisation, and it would have been awesome.

>"Don't worry, the kryptonite will work its way out of your lungs soon enough. But I didn't have to go easy on you...
I want you to remember, Clark. For all the days to come in your most private moments, I want you to remember the ONE man who beat you !"

Snyder would've killed to do a TDKR movie, WB is at the source of pretty much all these films issues.

Not him. I loved BvS, but literally everyone knows Superman is alive at the end. There's a lot of symbolism plebs don't pick up on in this film but don't act dense just because someone has a different opinion.

The only way to fix this trash videogame masquerading as a film is to go back in time and stop Alan Horn from being dropped by WB

I don't get how you can watch BvS and think otherwise, you must be retarded if you didn't see that.

It's no secret that superman's coming back from the dead. But he's not alive at the end of BvS
We see some dirt rise around his coffin, which implies something is happening. But that could be anything. He certainly isn't alive 'yet'
And it gives no indication what state he'll be in when he does revive

You're probably too young to remember that Snyder had begun shooting Man of Steel 2 a week after Man of Steel came out

what does that have to do with what I said?

You're implying that Snyder's Superman was always meant to die and be a "soft-reboot" when the whole plot of BvS was written months after a Man of Steel sequel had already begun production

In your mind, how exactly does that cancel out what I'm saying?

I thought the rising dirt suggested superman's power was still eminent, an underlying note concerning the legacy he continues to carve out.
I know hes coming back in justice league, even if only at the end, but maybe i'm only autistic.

Where exactly is your proof that Superman dying was their original intention from the start? Snyder even said the Man of Steel sequel was going to be based on The Dark Knight Returns but then backtracked once WB said they were doing a new story.

I'm not the same guy you were talking to, I was just talking about how BvS played out and how obvious it is that JL would have a change in tone.
But since neither of us know how MoS 2 would've played out it's not an argument to bring it up in this conversation, for all we know he could've died at the end of that too, or perhaps in the sequel.

>Snyder even said the Man of Steel sequel was going to be based on The Dark Knight Returns but then backtracked once WB said they were doing a new story.
>BvS is literally based on the dark knight returns
>this somehow contradicts Snyder

>>BvS is literally based on the dark knight returns
Are you retarded?

Are you?
The first half of TDKreturns is the TDKR basically
The second half is BvS, except Superman isn't working for the government, they're both being manipulated by Lex
But the whole Superman curbing down on Batman's extra-curricular activities are still there prominently

don't forget the older, cynical batman as well

Maybe Superman being plastered all over Justice League promotional material is a small hint to him not actually dying in the movie before Justice League.

IT does except, mass market wanted fun, not thematic drama which scares the avg joe. DESU I have not read a comic book (paid) since I was 14 and liked BvS but it is clearly not muh supes, muh bats, muh super friends, muh childhood for many folks.

The main problem I have is the wording. "Martha" and the coincidental connection was completely unnecessary.

Wayne was looking for every reason to both kill and not kill Superman. All Superman had to say was "Mother", and Bruce would've inquired.

The execution after is fantastic though. Bruce's reaction, his realization that Superman is really just a kid who is suffering.

Just take out "Martha".

>All Superman had to say was "Mother", and Bruce would've inquired.
not necessarily, it was the trauma trigger of hearing the last word that his father said that made Batman so shocked

You mean the robin suit that's holding a weapon designed for killing? Is that the one you mean? Batman was smoking fools way before Robin died.