I've never been to a concert

I've never been to a concert

>frogposters avoiding social experiences
holy shit

Me neither. I don't wanna go alone, but I have no one to go with.

Swans had a concert in my city few months ago but I didn't go because nobody wanted to go with me.

I went to see the Moonlandingz by myself a few months ago, was fucking dope

Just go, no one gives a fuck

They genuinely suck, I've enjoyed very few of the concerts I've been to.

>tfw you've seen 300+ bands live

You aren't missing much. The playing is never as good as on the record, and other people being around just makes things annoying.

go alone fag

fuck you I'm a virgin

It's funny because many of the concerts I attended were actually 100x better than the records and that was not only my opinion.

>tfw I went to my first concert with my sister

Big concerts are shit.

Seeing bands at the pub is where it's at. Good vibes, you can get up close, sounds better, easier to get a drink.

You aren't missing much.
I went to at least 30 gigs but nearly all of them were normie bands I didnt give a shit about. The only one I genuinely enjoyed was Oscar and the Wolf. Not really a huge fan of his music but his stage performance was something else. I'd say the one Metallica concert I went was worth it too but only because I got laid after it.

I hate going to concerts. The only concerts I enjoy are for small bands where I know I'm not going to be sandwiched between thousands of people. My normie friends drag me to a concert every few weeks and I always hate it.

Just go - no one will care. If the gigs are too loud to talk anyway, does it even matter if there's someone else there?

I've never had a religious experience, but I assume it must be something like going to a great gig. I absolutely love them; don't know why it is, but live music just seems to have more life than albums.

I've only been to one show. I saw Buckethead at the Stone Pony with my best friend in middle school. I'm going to see the Offspring in September and I wanna see Social Distortion in August and the Pretty Reckless in November

>Went to concerts of bands he didn't give a shit about
>user, concerts aren't so great
kek

>Work up the courage to go to an Animal Collective concert alone after reading a similar thread to this and people say no one cares if you're alone
>I turn up a couple minutes late
>As I walk into the event, the whole crowd turns to look at me
>One of them yells "HOLY SHIT, HE'S ALONE!"
>Whole event laughing hysterically as I take my seat
>Calls of "weirdo," "creeper," etc.
>Want to die
>After the concert, the entire audience mobs me in the hallway
>They start dancing in circles around me, chanting deliriously and laughing
>They start singing a nursery rhyme about how only virgins go to concerts alone and how I should kill myself
>I can't get away because they've joined hands and won't let me escape
>They start throwing their drinks and candy and stuff at me
>"HAHA LOOK AT THE LOSER GETTING STICKY"
>Security comes by
>They look mad but then they see me in the middle of the crowd
>One of them says "wait, did that fucker come here alone?"
>Security joins in, start using supersoakers to shoot artificial butter at me
>I'm lying in the fetal position sobbing at this point
>The dancing and chanting continues for over 13 hours
>I'm completely covered in soda, butter, and bits of candy
>Black guy goes "NIGGA LOOKS LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE!"
>Crowd finally disperses
>Panda Bear comes by
>Leans down, whispers in my ear "Never come here again"
>All I can do is whimper yes sir

>tfw been to more concerts alone than with friends
>tfw made friends at concerts
>tfw got free admissions to a few concerts that I reviewed for my uni's paper

feels good senpaitachi, concerts are the only thing keeping me going - it's the shining beacon of good times that makes me power through the weeks

I'd love to get to a concert, but everything around here is bro country or cover bands for bars

>tfw saw ween alone

>You aren't missing much.
>I've only been to one show
What the fuck

>The only concerts I enjoy are for small bands where I know I'm not going to be sandwiched between thousands of people
>Big concerts are shit.
Well ok, I can agree with these. Any venue about about 2000-3000 is too big, and the best are a lot smaller, like Underworld in Camden or similar. Stadium concerts are just plain awful.

Oscar and the Wolf has great bangers way better than weeknd imo. It's a shame he is so underrated here.

Is this Pepe a Mr. Bungle reference?

Noah is so based, bless him

No, it's a reference to the "frog in boiling water" parable

go to better concerts wtf

Concerts are great, it's a good way to directly support an artist you like, if they're good they'll mix things up or sound even better than on the record, if they can jam then it's gonna be a good time

go alone no one will notice and if they do they won't think twice about it

>My first concert/club experience might be with my mum.

Ehh.

i think it depends. my mom was supposed to see madonna with two of her friends and one couldn't go last minute, so i went and enjoyed myself desu

the theatrics made it really great, a "standard" concert would have probably been worse