What's your honest opinion of Chance the Rapper? Why?

What's your honest opinion of Chance the Rapper? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KX-snv5u3f0
youtube.com/watch?v=U1AOoHSijIk
factmag.com/2016/05/20/chance-the-rapper-independent/
djbooth.net/news/entry/indie-rapper-secretly-signed-major-label
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

industry plant

why nigga why

Bland and safe. I liked Acid Rap but everything else I've heard was kinda boring. I think people like his personality more than the music

he forced mtv to delete a bad review

He's Identity Politics the Rapper.
I'm sure there's more within him, but he refuses to shed his children's movie church boy image.

source?

Not a fan of his music but he's a sweetheart and I love him as a person

youtube.com/watch?v=KX-snv5u3f0

Kind of boring. Great voice, but when it comes to rap and hip hop I prefer much more interesting production than he ever brings to the table.

I liked his Eric Andre episode and that's the only media with him I've experienced

It's a persona though, it's fake

That's literally the one thing he has going for him.

I'm still shocked Scaruffi gave Acid Rap a 7

From what I've heard, he's a very down to earth guy. I live in Chicago and know a few people who know him and they all say he's great.

10 day and acid rap were good, after that not so much, lost interest, hes boring

Pretty weird about that MTV thing. Otherwise not really interesting. I like his voice but that it's it.

James Blake on almost living with Chance the Rapper:

>We’d very loosely and playfully daydreamed about getting somewhere to live/work for a little while, but never discussed specifics. We wanted to work together on something, so Chance invited me to the house he said he’d rented for him and his friends….I turned up and he told me my name was on the lease, which was creepy because I’d never signed anything. I’d never and still have never heard of Koi Kastle, had never seen a picture of the home and had never been to or known the existence of the area it was in. Then he went on MTV and said we were living together, and so to this day many people still think we are.

Huh...

I used to be really into him, but relistening to Acid Rap, 10 Day, and Coloring Book I realized that all his songs are a bunch the same shit.
There's no diversity of subject matter.

Thats pretty gay

Fuck, I'd move in with Chance in a heartbeat.

>tfw you'll never stay up till 4:00AM listening to records and burning blunts with Chano

bump

He's too happy
He talks about being optimistic about shit in life but he comes from an upperclass family

youtube.com/watch?v=U1AOoHSijIk
This song is amazing

Who fucking cares? Hip Hop is so fucking overs-saturated right now. How many times is the same "black people is OPRESSED yo, here's a story about my life" album going to get released until people get fucking tired of it.

heh, what a piece of garbage. come at me :D

He seems happy

Heard a 22 year old white girl say that he's the most attractive man in the world.

I showed her a photo of young Paul Newman.

Nope, Chance is hotter, apparently.

You have completely shit taste in men, young Paul Newman is not attractive in the slightest.

>upperclass family
>Chicago South Side
He isn't ghetto trash but let's not pretend his family's well off.

Shit taste. James Dean was 100x hotter.

"safe" black man, the modern Will Smith. Lacking any bite whatsoever, easily marketed to whites, artistically booooooring, his lyrics traffic in the most basic and empty of platitudes.

His father is literally the mayor of Chicago's chief of staff. Are you retarded?

>muh political and social injustice
>btw my dad is the mayor of chicago's right hand man, knew about CPD's blacksite torture warehouses where countless innocent black men were brutalized and did absolutely nothing to stop it.

Are YOU retarded? Look up property values of West Chatham, the neighborhood he grew up in. If you think that's well off then I'm just going to assume you're from Gary, Indiana or some other meth-infested shithole.

Cool guy but don't get his fuckin music

But his eyes!

what's not to get?

t.richfag

lol is that seriously the best you could come up with? You just confirmed yourself retarded.

>Bennett grew up in the middle-class neighborhood of West Chatham on Chicago's South Side. His younger brother, Taylor Bennett, is also a Chicago rapper.[8] His father, Ken Williams-Bennett, was an aide to former Chicago mayor Harold Washington and worked for then-Senator Barack Obama. Williams-Bennett, who is now a deputy chief of staff to Mayor Rahm Emanuel, dreamed that his son might one day hold office.

Literally from wikipedia. Stop pretending Chance has ever faced economic adversity. He went to private school ffs.

Hahaha stay poor, faggots. A private school in Chicongo ain't shit.

your IQ must be so fucking low, like room temperature nigga. keep posting dumb shit please.

Nice projecting. Stay jealous, poor little bitch.

Jealous of what? I literally don't understand what point you're even attempting to argue. Chance was clearly born into considerable privilege, especially compared to the rest of south side Chicago.

He's against labels you dumb motherfucker.

You think Paul Newman looks better than Chance? Really?
Maybe if I was racist..

he still has an agent who works for him. same shit diff name

google it you cuck. Here's your search query:

"chance the rapper delete review"

>Having an agent makes you an industry plant

Paul Newman has looked like a rapist since he was 15.

Also, he's a whiteboy, how is he going to even compete with Chance?

okay genius
tell me who helps make contact with the venues for the concert
who setups chance with producers to work on his releases
i guess his dad gave him the money for his rap career and acid rap just popular out of thin air

The dismissive way the poster treated Chance and acted like Paul Newman was somehow an "obvious" choice over Chance just goes to show... The poster's perspective on things.

Chance's eyes are too far apart IMO. Paul Newman ain't all that though.

His agent. That's literally what agents do. They make arrangements to put their artist in the best position possible. He's not an industry plant he just has a good agent and a talent

>You think Paul Newman looks better than Chance? Really?
I said the exact opposite.

I have zero respect for him whatsoever after finding out he got mtv to remove negative mentions/reviews of him. As an artist, that is honestly the most pathetic thing you can do and confirms that he is a vapid fraud with no interest in creating something that has any value

It does if you've had one from the beginning.

first post best post

not all of the southside is the ghetto. chatham is a nice middle class area. hell a lot of the southside is nicer than where i live on the west side.

video is unavaliable

Coloring book was overrated as hell, only like 2 decent songs on the whole album. He's the black version of macklemore.

>black macklemore
I haven't heard that used before, but it is a perfect description of him

He's an inventive artist. He finally fully bridged the gap between mainstream 70's soul/funk and modern rap (not that this hadn't been done before, I mean that Chance brought it to the ACTUAL mainstream). Beyond that, he's helping re-introduce a more passive form of rapping to mainstream music.

As for criticism, most of his songs are forgettable and he comes off as a bit of a one trick pony.

All that being said, 6/10 great artist

idk i just found out about that review from mtv he got pulled which was pretty shitty, it wasn't like any of the criticism (that was also pretty tame) was particularly unfounded

blacklemore

acid rap is an essential mixtape that every hip hop fan should listen to. It was one of the most important mixtapes during my high school days. Got fucked up and stoned to paranoia, pusha man, and all the other songs. Chance will never top acid rap

what the fuck is essential about acid rap

bump

Just because you listened to a piece of shit during your formative years doesn't make it not a piece of shit

His biggest album was about doing acid,smoking cigarettes, and slapping faggots,

just like every other middle class liberal white kid

Cringe.

that's right

>My daughter is just like Sia, you can't see her
>Implying anyone gave a shit how his daughter looks when the time TLOP dropped, like he was Jay or Kanye

And this We're all gods children/church choir/ /my lyrics are deep/ positve image with HHH reddit jacking off to his albums, give me a break

relistening to acid rap for the first damn in years and he sounds like an autist. "nanananan" on pusha man made me shudder. i liked it when i was a teenager though. hated coloring book on first listen (because i wasnt a teenager >:) )

i saw him at wireless and it blew me away

>"""independent""" musicians
This is a meme. The concept of a major artist being indie is literally just a marketing trick. Musicians don't reach the upper echelons of fame organically.

factmag.com/2016/05/20/chance-the-rapper-independent/

djbooth.net/news/entry/indie-rapper-secretly-signed-major-label

He's mediocre at best. I don't understand the appeal of his music.

>finally, fully bridged the gap

Are you retarded? Go listen to hip hop that isn't kanye or Kendrick.

Closeted homosexual

nothing
fuck off

Typical "woke" rapper

Acid rap was pretty wack. I can appreciate the energy he puts into his music but he's quite boring

He seems like a swell dude but his music is overhyped a bit.
I feel like he's riding more on a 'nice guy from chicago' wave than a musical one.

>black macklemore
It's over.

Anyone that gets famous before or immediately after their debut is a plant. Real musician grind a while before they get any sort of real popularity.

I like Chance the Wrapper.

Chance the Rapper, however, is pretty meh.