Name a more tragic case in the history of professional sports

Name a more tragic case in the history of professional sports

Other urls found in this thread:

vine.co/v/MQ6uAhiEQQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tragicest of tragicest

Steve Francis

are they doing their prayers to mecca in this video?

A fucking dentist

for me, it's Lukcasz Podolski.

retired because of how shit his team was

Delet this faggot

Is his old coach wrong for calling him out?

this guy right here
>in form striker in Atletico
>manager uses him for huge pay day
>sends him to Ligue 1 when he could have played for any top side
>plays in French league gets hurt in a meaningless match for their domestic cup by a dumb reckless slide tackle from behind
>this happened right before the World Cup
>misses the 2014 Colombia campaign
>that same tournament that Real bought flavor of the month meme Hamez
>could have been picked up by a big club if he played well
>goes to England and fails
sad shit

>skips college
>goes directly to pros
>fails

This is the story of literally everyone who has ever done this, with the following exceptions: Kobe, Lebron, KG. That's it. That's the entire list.

He is killing right now with Monaco. Certainly, not at his former level, but way better than when he was playing at poonited.

It's because he is actually born in 1984, not 86. His age obviously caught up with him

who is Moses Malone ?

yeah Monaco doing good with him I think his faith in God helped him through that injury

jej

he chose to stay in new york. Let him bear his cross.

I just want to forget this ever happened, but it will haunt my dreams until the day I die. Better to end it all now

>trying to translate the high school vs pro game in 1975

Not even the same sport, desu

Yet they were better after he left.

Really makes you think.

I was in the fan zone in Paris for this game, rooting loudly for Iceland from beginning to end. A guy with a fake "BEKUM" jersey was singing "we're fucking shit, we're fucking shit", some guys insulted me, some others pressed F to me, and a guy gave me tickets for the quarter-final for a low price.

I wish I will live another big tournament in my city one day.

lol, this is so fake
>well we fucked up, better act interested for the cameras

>Make the playoffs just about every year he's there
>Miss the playoffs when he reitres until 2011
>hurr durr we were better without him
>0-16

really makes me think

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

For me, is Paul Scholes

this.

He didn't do it to himself, he simply showed the world that an athlete can reach the top in two sports.

Even after hip replacement he was able to hit well in the majors. At his peak, he was a human highlight film in two sports.

98 Lions 5-11 with le backwards running no heart man
99 Lions 8-8 Cancer free
00 Lions 9-7 Cancer free

Overrated/10

>right lads, we'll never pull a 2010 happen agai-

Multiply those final 3 digits for the greatest tragedy.

Under rated post

>no one posting Dan Morino, Teddy Bridgewater, or Jamarcus Russell

I always knew Sup Forums was full of sports casuals, but this pretty much prove it.

Prost really aged much better than him.

Detroit killed my receiver

>Shitting on based Barry with le Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin's pet dog system babby

they trade places Sanders wins 5 rings easy and smith retires earlier with half the yardage

>Not posting Kwame Brown, Ryan Leaf or Adam Morrison

biggest of faggots

98 Vikings

One of the most GOAT teams that never reached the mountain top, lost in the most gut wrenching way.

perhaps biggest bust in history

There's nothing tragic about a mercenary chucker.

>sign pro contract
>get injured after first season
>still retire with enough money to go back to college anyway

>two teams

>Jawalruss Russell

Literally nothing tragic about busting due to laziness.

You forgot Moses Malone.

Hes up there. Couldnt tell who was better between him and Kobe when they were both at their prime.

These guys were the fucking dream of Portland. But Oden blew out a knee every time he started looking dominant. BRoy was so good he made everybody else realize they should be better. Those two with Lamarcus - that's one hell of a big 3. Too bad they were fighting injuries the while time on a downward spiral

he was kinda good at unlv!

i think he means that he only cares about money and not his team or winning for that matter which i agree on

and living in NYC as a millionaire celeb i should add

Tmac was injured alot but he had a career at least. You could argue that Yao Ming had a tragic career as well - never reached his potential due to being injured

/thread

Grant Hill. He went through lots of injuries despite being touted as the Next Jordan.

Ernie Davis
Won the heisman and got drafted high
Diagnosed with leukemia before the season started
Never played a game before dying

>mercenary
Carmelo has deliberately decided to stay in NY rather than ringchasing because he wanted to play for the Knicks. That's the exact opposite of a mercenary.

see

isn't falcao like 40 years old?

Cheeky pierre

His baseball career

There was this really talented German player who had depression, never reached his potential, and ultimately retired at like 26 years old. Anybody remember his name?

>>manager uses him for huge pay day
>>sends him to Ligue 1 when he could have played for any top side

No, that faggot decide to go because Moneyco payed him big mony. He did that to himsef, his failure was his fault, niggi be soft as fuck.

I've seen people saying this stuff about Gerrard and I don't get it. He won the Champions League and the FA Cup, he's a living god in Liverpool, made tons of cash, was one of the best midfielders in the world in his prime, has a happy family, has the hairline of a 20-year old at the age of 40....sure, he never won the PL. But he still had a great career overall.

Most professional players, never mind people in general, would kill for Gerrard's career. It's not like he's a player like Carmelo Anthony, who won literally nothing because of his own bad decisions, or Derrick Rose, who won nothing because of an injury.

>mfw the ump gave him a strikeout for this
>mfw McGrady literally retired on the spot after this batter

ITT: youngfags

forgot link

vine.co/v/MQ6uAhiEQQQ

>Lose the inaugural game against greece
>win every game against the big teams (spain, england, netherlands)
>10 million people are faithful
>everyone believes in the team
>it's our year la
>the bus taking the team to the stadium is followed by boats, helicopters, planes and people riding horses
>pic related happens

i tell you, portugal was the greatest salt producer that year

>lost to Greece in the opening game
>unironically thought they'd stand a chance against them in the final
Every time.

What is it with Portugal and choking against objectively inferior teams? I remember we beat them like 3-0 in the '02 WC even though they had GOATs like Figo.

portugal likes to bully small teams but usually gets bitten in the ass

>ahah, we have figo and rui costa in their prime, usa don't have a chance against us

3-2.

7x1

I was in Lisbon as a young lad for that game and had my first "holy shit do Europeans like soccer" moment. Watching poor Ronny cry was sad desu.

Oh yeah, that was it. I just remember we were up 3-0 in the first half, Donovan scored this crazy goal from like 40 yard away, and I remember this one Portuguese kid was so angry that he just went upstairs until the game was over.

Don't feel too bad, he was kind of a prick then then

*even then

I feel you, although at the time I was abroad and wouldn't stop the banter on my English flatmate, but it must have been hard...
Not as hard as seeing cronaldo, quaresma and nani lift up the trophy in your country, just a couple minutes after André Pierre missed the winner by 0,000000000666 nanometers

Pic related to OP, seriously one of the most tragic (literally, not just the fact that it wasn't what I wanted to happen but as a wholly theatrical tragedy) thing I've seen in sport

I think they're honestly embarrassed. Iceland? Fucking Iceland? And this is England's #1 sport? It's absurd.

*pic related

The guy he headbutt deserves hanging tbqh.

Sebastian Deisler

>wanted to play for the Knicks

He would have wanted to play for the fucking Pelicans if they could have offered that size of a contract

Boban Jankovic

Yeah, but at least he managed to win everything anyway,

Crying himself to sleep on a pillow full of money what can we all do to help...

He could have been the GOAT