How does Jurassic World compare to Lost World and 3?

How does Jurassic World compare to Lost World and 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=grCRBa0n72c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Considerably worse than The Lost World, about as bad as Jurassic Park 3

it's worse. focused entirely on cgi moments, plot is retarded, characters are irritating and acting is awful.

It's the best one after JP

youtube.com/watch?v=grCRBa0n72c

I would say definitely better than 3, around the same level as Lost World. Probably a little better. But definitely on the same tier as the first one

2&3 are shitty films but World is simply pointless and had no reason to exist. I find pointless re-hashes worse than bad films.

I really liked it. I enjoyed all of the jp films. Most people think that if it is not amazing, then it is trash. Why can't anything just be good? If you had fun watching it, then it was not a waste.

It's alright I guess. Pretty mediocre and safe, but a decent enough popcorn flick if you were to pirate it. With a few tweaks though, it could be good imo.

As a big fan of both the original novels and the film franchise, it was a big letdown due to how much potential was wasted with the concept. The film was too fast paced and focused far too much on the Indominus escaping that they didn't give the movie much room to breathe. They show it, but they don't really do much with this exciting new setting. More stuff in the actual Park, seeing how it operates, seeing more dinosaurs, and just spending more time establishing the incredible setting they'd creating so that viewers would be completely immersed in the world by the time shit starts hitting the fan. Maybe go over how they managed to overcome Malcom's thesis about why the park could never work, be it through advances in tech or sheer willpower.

I would have also preferred it if Indominus' strange abilities were the result of cutting corners and hubris on the part of the scientists as opposed to it being a secret agenda to create a military dinosaur. You could still have D'onofrio's character in there, but just change things around so that instead of conspiring to create this dinosaur he sees it's potential and wants to steal it's DNA so that he can weaponize it. Would have made for a good twist/backstab if they kept the motivation hidden too.

I would have liked to see them do more with exploring the practical and ethical concerns that come with creating a brand new species. They really glossed over that element, even though it's the most interesting idea in the film.

Also, the movie would be 100% better if the set up the T-Rex a little more before the final fight. Perhaps an alternate opening similar to the first scene in the original Jurassic Park, where INGen is taking back the now overgrown island and show's that they recaptured the T-rex before cutting to "20 years later" or whatever.

>World is better than 3
This is the shittiest opinion I've ever heard.

Jurassic Park > Jurassic World > The Lost World > JP3

yeah

it's miles better

JP, JW, JP3, The lost world.
Rewatch the lost world. It's actually very long and kind of boring.

I fucking loved the Lost World movie and novel
don't get the hate. Even if it is very watered down from the book.

>I would have liked to see them do more with exploring the practical and ethical concerns that come with creating a brand new species.

Isn't that what they did in 1 too? Those aren't real dinosaurs. They filled in the missing DNA with other species. (Frog among them if memory serves.) All of the dinosaura are new hybrid species. How they got them to actually be born, live and thrive... no idea.

I'd fuck that bitch, and I don't know if there are any bitches I'd fuck in Lost World or 3. So in conclusion, it may be better, it may be equal, it may be poorer.

s'aight

Except when it turns into shitty Godzilla there at the end.

All due respect to Dr. Grant, but The Lost World beats out 3 for me, for one reason and one reason only.

It's last. Still a fun B-Movie, but the movie betrays its central conceit (dinosaurs breaking out in a fully operational park) and appears somehow shiner and more hollow.

JP > Lost World > 3 > JW

Lost World is surprisingly mean spirited for a Spielberg movie, and the darker tone is welcome (yes, despite the shitty gymnast bit). 3 is a totally solid little 90 min. action movie.

Worst part. A C-monster movie in my jurassic park. The rushed the island part to shoe in the city monster mash. That boat that brought the T rex states side.. So everyone died magically. But the guys magic arm somehow managed to keep the rex semi locked up but able to smash out of it.. Ugh. Also auto-pilot ship. Ughh...

Only correct answer.

I think that was intended as a Dracula reference, but yeah, it was kind of ridiculous in the context of a forty-foot long dinosaur.