Why does this board force hating this movie so much? This is awesome

Why does this board force hating this movie so much? This is awesome.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11075451/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck he just went Tekken 2 on his ass. I may have to watch this now.

Make sure it's the ultimate cut. You get extra shit like this kick to the face, which was cut out originally

What are you taking about, this board circlejerks bvs all the time

Because there is roughly 50% of disney nu-males on that board.

strawpoll.me/11075451/r

someone post the sink smash

Because it's terrible written. It's full of contrived and stupid moments. The only good fight is the Batman vs Superman one, and Doomsday is completely wasted in some terribly choreographed cgi fuckfest. Not to mention Gadot as Wonder Woman is terrible and every scene she's in they zoom in on her to make her look like a badass.

Contrived and stupid moments like..?

Because why praise a movie that is unquestionably shit?

Video Games = "entertainment" sensibility = autism.

This is predominantly an art board (the "entertainment" shit that is constantly being discussed here is a result of crossposters from pleb boards like Sup Forums and Sup Forums)

True cinema = art which is the opposite to autism and in turn the opposite to video games.

The sensibilities resulting in video game appreciation are diametrically opposed to the appreciation of cinema as "art". Videogames/autism/"entertainment" are the reason for capeshit.

Lol grow a pair. Sorry badass shit makes you squirm in your seat, four-eyes.

The whole fight and their "resolution" was contrived

You clearly didn't watch the movie.

>The only good fight is the Batman vs Superman one

Hmm

that image is the first time i've seen lost mentioned here, and the only reason i know about it is because i've seen it in some lists i've saved

tl;dr fucken saved

Martha, all memes a side, is one of the most contrived scenes ever written. If you actually think that's quality writing, there's no saving you.

Well well well if it isn't reddit

When will the capeshit bubble burst? It's so bland.

this

looks like garbage tbqh

>oh shit what do I say... I've got no counterargument
>I know, I'll call him reddit, that'll get people on my side!

Here's something to consider: CW has about a dozen superhero characters. Granted, 2 of them (Ant Man and Spiderman) are shoehorned cameo appearances purely for the toy $$$, yet the film still has a tight narrative, most of the characters have arcs, all of them get something cool to do. Cap, Bucky, Tony, Black Panther are fully fleshed out and get proper story arcs despite competing for screen time with Zemo, Crossbones, etc. When they do appear, Ant and Spider both steal the show with their cool powers.

Fucking FALCON gets more lines of dialogue in Civil War than Superman does in a film called "Batman vs Superman". Just think about that for a moment. And were any of Superman's lines memorable, apart from " the bat is dead. Bury it" and "MARTHA!" (for the wrong reasons)?

And Wonder Woman, despite only having to share screen time with two other heroes, speaks only to Bruce Wayne during the entire 2.5 hour movie and has no impact on the story whatsoever. She could be edited right out and no-one would notice. What does she do? Inflict a meaningless wound on Doomsday?

If nothing else, Civil War is a work of extremely efficient storytelling. BvS is horribly inefficient at setting up mood, characterisation and storylines in an economical and effective way. Bloated and incoherent, I believe the critics said.

Yeah I wish movies I don't like didn't get made either.

There is to me, real weight and depth in BvS and MoS. Clark Kent as a character is endearing, his love for Lois and his adoptive family. His struggle to reconcile with having to be a God and how best to do it, what that means. And how various world agents or state actors take it. Lex (who is provided a perfect origin story), Bruce Wayne, the US, media, Zod and now the cast of JLA. It's a bigger world in which mythic, consequential stuff happens, at the deft hands of Zach Snyder who captures both the painterly mythos with real, masculine, visceral action, fighting, and motivation. It's as close to a graphic novel come to life as the medium may has provided.

>badass
Sup Forumseddit and Sup Forums cancer is here lads
the time to bring back patrician Sup Forums is NOW

it's the same dozen people, everyone else who watched the UE acknowledged it's at least a "good" movie.

Ahoy hoy reddito

looks like Mr reddit's joined the party

>Clark Kent as a character is endearing
>passive aggressive bitch who smashed a man's truck behind his back
>permanently constipated expression
>grudgingly saves people while looking constipated
>Punches kryptonians through occupied buildings without caring about collateral human life
>42 lines of dialogue in BvS, a 2.5 hour movie
>Endearing

Fucking (You) for that excellent rundown. Pretty sure we can /thread this shit OP.

>What does she do? Inflict a meaningless wound on Doomsday?
She was only there to attempt to make her look like some badass, powerful, independent woman by zooming in on her never-changing expression whenever she was in a scene. Fucking terrible.

WEW

BvS is better than the last five or six Marvel movies by a landslide.
I thought we hated SJWs? Why do they influence half this board now?

>His struggle to reconcile with having to be a God and how best to do it, what that means.

Oh wow, he has to balance his superhero life with being a normal person? That's so new and interesting, what a refreshing take! Visionary!

Why do you think you're part of this board when you're clearly not, Sup Forumsedditor?

I'm glad me absolutely loving this movie triggers people here.

>he's still too stupid to realize "martha" was fucking brilliant

How do you even live knowing you're such a useless human?

You're completely wrong

Affect overacted the shit out of that scene
The dialogue is weak
Bruce has been building up his hate for 2 years and had a vision of an evil superman yet he doesn't kill him. I understand the Martha scene, batman sees himself joe chill and Clark saying Martha reminds him of his mother but this shouldn't change his motive. It's not believable, maybe if they showed Bruce talking my about his mom or flashback it would've been better. This scene does nothing to resolve their conflict, superman is still a possible threat, yet Bruce abandons his motive that he's been building for 2 years.
The Martha moment could've been a great emotional moment but it was brought down due to poor execution
This is just my opinion though

O hey reddit

I don't use faggy 2013+ buzzwords like you so that's something.

>Superman firing eyebeams, but has the facial expression of someone trying way too hard to take a shit
>Dumbass anime laserbeam fight
>featuring generic Cave Troll #231 from Lord of the Rings

>badass

Capeshit literally gives people bran damage

I liked it for most of the part. Give it 6.5-7/10

(ultimate edition)
Because its extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

Well looks like Reddit has arrived

It was badass.
Get your testosterone levels checked.

The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.

That dialogue couldn't be any worse, as Wayne's methods of the attempted elimination of Superman are nothing but cowardice.

Now since this guy's illusion about doing the right thing are so strong, him being phased by a single word is just bad writing.

It's a good thing this franchise will keep up the shit routine.

I liked that Superman tried to talk to Batman like once before trying to kick his ass. You'd think that his mommy being in danger would make him try harder.

>>Punches kryptonians through occupied buildings without caring about collateral human life
pretty sure he never does this, not even once
every fight he had with a kryptonian was him getting tossed around

the constipated part is straight up memes, as the guy's got furrows in his brow no matter what the expression, even when fully smiling

besides, 'endearing' doesn't mean that you have to be a dancing monkey smiling at everyone all the time. he simply has a calm and gentle demeanor that along with his actions presents an affable personality

Why do people keep saying hello redddit to this post even though 100% of them are literally only here posting on this board RIGHT NOW
is because of reddit lying to moot in 2012/2013 /q/ to get him to remove the old users?

>Saturday morning cartoon shit for 5 year olds is badass

Shouldn't you be in school right now kid?

Oh please explain how I didn't "get it". I understand the fact that Bruce has an epiphany about becoming a killer, like the one that murdered his parents (oh, so fucking deep), it doesn't make the way the scene was written any less contrived.

you don't get the character of batman

What a mature person under the age of 25 you are.

Stop saying contrived and make your argument again

>replying to a redturd that thinks movies are videogames
stop

Let's turn this into a dubs thread lads. If dubs, CW is a good movie.

>Likes BvS
>Tries to play the "Oh you're so mature" card

Capeshit was a fucking mistake

dubs confirm, CW is shit.

But....that's what it is. I'm not using another word just because you don't like this one. You haven't even presented a counter argument other than "muh reddit"

Bet I'm right about your age tho, fuckface.
I like movies for guys that like movies.
You can go watch faggy waifu shit like neon demon.

You lost this one. Hard.

You're right Batman is supposed to be a deranged murderer.

>I like movies for guys that like movies.
Then why the fuck are you on a film board? Did you think you were ready to leave Sup Forums, Sup Forums or whatever trash master board you crawled out of, kid?

bump

Counter argument to what? That anons post about martha literally translates to; The martha scene is one of the worst scenes ever and you are dumb for liking it.

There was no argument to his point(if he even had one), hence the appropriate 'Reddit' responses

>likes BvS
>acts like his opinion on movie quality matters

Keep it coming. I could use a few good laughs before work

Jesus, I've only read a couple of batman comics, watched a few animated TV shows of him and movies to know that BvS batman was an excellent adaptation.

I'll take Cognitive Dissonance for 500, Alex

I'll take "terms you don't understand" for $0.02

>being this fucking dumb

Don't know what I expected, desu

it sure was

look, i can post out of context images too.

MARVEL BTFO

Now post images of the stories B versus S was attempting to adapt like I am.

Why do you care when you're not a local here? The plebs praising capeshit have ALWAYS been outsiders here only for flavor of the month flicks.

>Fucking FALCON gets more lines of dialogue in Civil War than Superman does in a film called "Batman vs Superman".
>Just think about that for a moment.
nothing to think about. a character having a bunch of if not almost all sarcastic statements doesn't mean anything here.
>And were any of Superman's lines memorable, apart from " the bat is dead. Bury it" and "MARTHA!" (for the wrong reasons)?
i thought his scenes with perry were memorable, hell they gained traction as memes for a bit
the scene when he first talks to bruce, although i'm only into it because of all the irony in that scene
then of course
>it was on my world, my world doesn't exist anymore
>this is my world lois, you're my world
>And Wonder Woman, despite only having to share screen time with two other heroes, speaks only to Bruce Wayne during the entire 2.5 hour movie
so what?
and has no impact on the story whatsoever. She could be edited right out and no-one would notice. What does she do? Inflict a meaningless wound on Doomsday?
what does antman do? what does falcon do? what does that one blonde rogers flirts with do? .
>BvS is horribly inefficient at setting up mood,
really? i thought the first ten to twenty minutes set the mood pretty fucking well
>characterisation and storylines in an economical and effective way.
when every character is introduced, short of WW, we know who they are, what they're thinking, and what they want. but the end of the story, every character goes through some change in some way, especially in the ultimate cut.
even if you wanted to say it was inefficient, at most i'd say only slightly so, i personally don't think the batmobile scene didn't have enough happening to warrant it

>incoherent
yet the meanings that have been read from the movie have been proven to be correct by the synopsis and even logo of justice league

Not that guy but I can provide context, batman hates guns and won't let him or his followers use them

okay

Not an argument.

>pretending he had an argument to begin with

Why are dc plebs such cowards? They never answer the call when asked to post their favorite films of all time. They cower like redditors into the threads. At least the marvel drones have the gall to try and step up

Jason Todd.

Focus more on your argument instead of your little insults next time, kid.

Not an argument.

because its been proven time after time that they are huge plebs

this guy is literally unaware of what he's talking about, the references to watchmen, funerals, and religion specifically show how he himself missed subtext in relation to source material and what was being presented on screen

the religious one is tired as fuck, everyone just assumes that any and all references are nothing more than direct equivalences and leave it at that

the fact that clark's on mother is a christian, and that he himself has a christian burial, play into the other scenes of how he's depicted, you simply cannot interpret those scenes as simply being equivalences , especially since the theological ideas being played with are most definitely not accepted by the mainstream

Bahaha, you were really angry when you typed that out weren't you? I can practically smell the nerd rage oozing out of your post. Ass blasted DCuck.

>time and time
>literally one example he's been posting for over a year
why are marvelcucks so weird?

haha so badass, epic explosions pew pew

This is nothing compared to the beam clashes of DBZ

i mean, there is no charged language or insults in my post, it all seems even keel, except if you want to count the 'pretty fucking well' but that was in reference to an aspect of the movie, not an expression of negative feelings towards anyone

thread'll probably die before i get a chance to post again, so go ahead and call me a tryhard for taking your claim and typing about it

Imagine being Clark in this scene...

Hear me out.
So Clark has highly developed senses, right? I mean, he has far-sight, super-hearing; essentially all of his sense are dialed to a fucking thousand. So how does a man (who could likely pick up your fart from 10 miles away) NOT notice the lidless jar of tepid urine sitting not 15 feet away from him? And if he does, why no reaction of any sort? You just know he smells it...

My theory is this: Clark, being an alien to our world, likely thinks that the jar of urine is somehow part of our legal system. Like, an American courtroom is kept in check by a judge, yet ultimately the jar of piss is in charge. Imagine Clark's confusion when he's, say, called in for jury duty. Sitting there, listening to testimonies, all the while looking around in vain for the jar of urine. Imagine him leaning in close & whispering to other jurors, "Hey man, where's the jar of pee?" Imagine the looks of said jurors...

It's the little things

it was peach tea, not pee tea