What's pink floyds best album?

What's pink floyds best album?

Pic not related obviously

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FCMHmDnfD6I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

atom heart mother>animals>the man and the journey live show>1970s live shows>obscured by clouds>>>>>>>everything else

thats a pretty interesting list

what would your ranking be? I always like seeing others opinions on floyd as they used to be my number 1

According to Sup Forums, the least famous one.

This applies to every artist ever.

My teenage years band, still my fav, would probably rank them way differently back then than now (thanks for the man and the journey totally forgot about that)
As Im thinking about ranking them right now I realise I cant really, they're all 10/10 for me, some being 9.8/10 or so
The only album I wouldnt consider a Floyd album is FinalCut (didnt listen to endless river yet)
I really cant rank them, impossible for me, just found out.
Top5 songs tho in no order - Time, Echoes, Dogs, Greenisthecolour, Terminal Frost, probably. The entirety of Pompeii also.

Wish you were here

Ofcourse it's DarkSide dummy

the wall is probably the best one. if not that one then maybe their first album.

Green is the colour live is such a beautiful thing to hear, I wish I could actually see it

Atom Heart Mother is my favorite.

Atom Heart Mother > Meddle > Wish You Were Here > Animals > Dark Side Of The Moon > (Pink Floyd with Syd) > the rest

second that, time machine ----> any of the older PF lives is my biggest 'unrealistic' dream

I legitimately do not understand how anyone over the age of 16 can think that DSOTM or the Wall even come close to being their best albums.

A ranking of each era is needed
>barrett floyd
>waters/gilmour/wright
>waters
>gilmour
And the endless river would count as wright

They have great moments and make good single setting listens while even their lowest points are better than the vast majority of many artists entire catalogue

>all these contrarians underages thinking AHM is anything but shit

Even the band members hate it

Not even relevant to what I said, but okay.

>barrett era
psychpop trash
>collaborative
meddle>wywh>dsotm
>roger solo albums with pink floyd
animals>the wall>final cut
>gilmour
division bell>amlor

Nigga theyre the first floyd albums everyone heard because theyre easy to digest

Yeah, that's why 16 year olds like those albums. Are you agreeing with me or trying to disprove my point?

This. It's the best negotiation between Waters' input on their later albums which becomes too melodramatic for my taste, and their earlier psychedelic rock which can get kinda schizophrenic

This

forgot pic

youtube.com/watch?v=FCMHmDnfD6I

piper>rest

i legitimately dont understand how they couldn't be someone's top albums, regardless of age. people have different opinions.
and they're not easier to than something like meddle or obscured by clouds.

bitches... no one believes you when you're saying that meddle and obscured by clouds are their best albums. you're only fooling yourselves.

Piper At the Gates, Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, and The Wall are the good ones. Dark Side is ok. everything else is shit.

Meddle is the best Pink Floyd album for those who don't suffer from mental illness, seriously. It's their most coherent album to listen to in its entirety.

except no one actually listens to meddle in its entirety. they just start the album on side b.

the best floyd is their live songs honestly
live floyd > studio floyd

bitch how is animals a roger waters solo album when dave wrote 1/5 of it

If you can't handle Meddle at its side A, you don't deserve it at its side B

Syd Barrett wasn't even in anything past Saucerful. Ummagumma-Wish You Were Here go under collaborative.

Best to worst:

Pompeii
Atom Heart Mother
Saucerful of Secrets
Meddle
Wish You Were Here
Animals
Obscured By Clouds
Dark Side of the Moon
The Division Bell
Piper at the Gates of Dawn, The Wall, A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Ummagumma
More
The Final Cut
The Endless River

Animals>DSOM>Meddle>WYWH>PATGD>Saucerful>AHM>The Wall>OBC> Everything Else
Endless River is basically a B Side album that no one asked for

Those are just the contrarians, ignore them

Wall>DSOTM>>>>everything else

was there ever a more based man?

Dave a cute!

WYWH>Meddle>Pipers>The Wall>DSOTM>Animals>Atom Heart Mother
havn't heard the rest

>The Division Bell above Piper and The Wall

The Division Bell is their worst album it's actually one of the shittiest album I've ever listened to. You're right about Pompeii and Atom Heart Mother tho.

A Saucerful of Secrets>everything else

But OP that IS their best album

BEST PF COMP. EVAH!

Out of the ones I've listened to:

1. Dark Side Of The Moon
2. Saucerful Of Secrets
3. Wish You Were Here
4. Piper At The Gates Of Dawn
5. The Wall
6. Animals
7. Meddle
8. Atom Heart Mother
9. The Final Cut

Special mention goes to their early singles. See Emily Play is one of their best songs.

So underrated