I try searching every year

>I try searching every year
>I will never ever never remember the name of that song that I found in my dad's old collection
>I will always only remember one thing about it, and that is the very last ten seconds or so, and I will never have a way to vocalize those synth sounds accurately to how I remember them
>Even reciting them to my dad doesn't remind him
>I will just never find it
>Those last ten seconds will haunt me forever

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1BIBNKKZsPM
youtube.com/watch?v=7f6na1T2pZI
youtube.com/watch?v=nmp9yqhsjqg
youtube.com/watch?v=fQHto60cDFA
youtu.be/f1Sl5Af0g5U?t=3m14s
youtube.com/watch?v=rvFOoOKTghM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hum it.

learn to sing, you'll be proud of yourself

You don't get it! The sounds cannot be made by human vocal chords. I will do my best to approximate, but it is useless.

vocaroo.com/i/s1BIBNKKZsPM

The end of the song kinda repeats the same two notes, fading out slowly.

I should add that the song is probably between 5 and 8 minutes long. I remember feeling like it was longer than most songs I listened to, way back when.

Also, those notes had a bit of an echo effect to them

become a sound engineer.
Don't let your dreams be memes

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ow! You hurt my self-esteem.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude

Like I said, it's hard to make the sound, so of course I would sound retarded trying to make it. But, fully cognizant of this fact, I was desperate enough to know the song that I would try anyways. All that being said, I welcome your bullying; it was a risk I knew I was taking

DUN DUNNNNNN

I had to

kek, I give you props for trying

But that's gonna be impossible to go off of user. Accept the song is lost and maybe one day you'll hear it again randomly

youtube.com/watch?v=7f6na1T2pZI

Assuming your dad was a normie seeing as he actually produced offspring (unlike you) it's probably something popular that should be too hard to track down with a little more information

Just go through your dad's collection again until your find it dumbass

Is it from the 70s, 80s??? You got anything else to work with?? Any extra info?

nigga wtf

I don't know, there's a whole lot of faceless 80s and 90s pop out there that sounds like it might fit.

OP can you at least tell us what synth patch it was? It probably sounds something like one of these. youtube.com/watch?v=nmp9yqhsjqg

Yeah, did your dad listen to pop, rock, goth? some extra info may help us find it OP

holy shit thanks. this reminds me of me humming into my phone to remind myself of songs.

gl bro

mate could be anything lmfao, though your completely non-descript humming did sort of remind me of Popol Vuh.

youtube.com/watch?v=fQHto60cDFA

I think my dad is maybe one of the least normie people I know. His music tastes are also kinda obscure a lot of the time.

Hmmm, by 'collection' I meant 'library'. The hard drive with the songs on it is gone and has been gone for a long time.

Nope, I have literally posted in this thread all the information I can remember.

>what synth patch
If there is some limited set of synth instruments, and synth music is defined by whether or not such instruments are used in its creation, then I have no idea which patches were used, and honestly I may have assumed too much about what counts as 'synth' music by calling this particular song an instance of synth.

Well he had a lot of music, but around the time I was exploring his library, I also remember discovering Hot Chip, Goldfinger, Sufjan Stevens, The Knife, Ladytron, Ashbury Heights, Arcade Fire, The Bravery, Archers of Loaf, The Album Leaf, and Brendan Benson. Good luck finding a correlation there, besides time period.

Oh, I think I know what you're talking about.
youtu.be/f1Sl5Af0g5U?t=3m14s

Oops, I should acknowledge this

Yeah, okay, I guess I could give a little more info by comparing it to what it *couldn't have been*. The song definitely had a steady beat, similar to that in Sunglasses by Divine Brown ( youtube.com/watch?v=rvFOoOKTghM ). I can't tell whether there were lyrics in the song originally or if I imagined that detail after so long of having not heard it and trying to remember more details that aren't there. But I do get the sense that if there were lyrics, the song was silent except for the steady beat during the first instance where the singer started singing, and that the singer would have been a young man. Again, whether or not there were actually lyrics in the song is unknown to me.

PS: There actually seem to be a lot of similar qualities between Sunglasses by Divine Brown and the song I can't remember, such as the use of electronic instruments, similar percussion sound and rhythm, rhythmic pausing of all instruments except beat and voice, and echoing fade-out. But there are also too many memories which suggest that it was not the same song.