So I've been trying to learn Spanish and I figured I've got to a stage now where I can watch Spanish films/shows with...

So I've been trying to learn Spanish and I figured I've got to a stage now where I can watch Spanish films/shows with English subtitles and learn that way. Just to make things a bit more fun.

So what are some good Spanish films I could watch?

Open for anything really.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mHm9qqrl_Uc
youtu.be/AOwf4BKPbbc
youtube.com/watch?v=fTXKTj4XCs8
youtu.be/pdh8Va2oDKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n4jQnRkj-gU
youtube.com/watch?v=cwMVfnbQGfE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

El Dia de la Bestia is a pretty good horror comedy, if that's your cup of tea. Going on full horror give Rec a try. "Amanece que no es poco" is an absurd comedy, but you could get lost in the nonsensical and sarcastic dialogue.

Amores Perros
Amarte Duele
Rec
Rec 2
La Piel que Habito

Narcos is 70% in spanish, so that might work.

Torrente. It's kino.

>Tie me up, tie me down
youtu.be/mHm9qqrl_Uc

>airbag
youtu.be/AOwf4BKPbbc

>Wild Tales (argie)
youtube.com/watch?v=fTXKTj4XCs8

>Y tu mama también(mexican)
youtu.be/pdh8Va2oDKk

El día de la bestia

Cell 211

If you are into old comedies, these are GOD tier:
>Plácido
>El verdugo
>El pisito

Arty movies
>El espíritu de la colmena
>Cría cuervos
>El extraño viaje
>El viaje a ninguna parte

Dramas
>Calle Mayor
>Historias de la radio
>Un millón en la basura

Action Terror
>Rec, Rec2
>¿Quién puede matar a un niño?
>El día de la bestia

Small movie that nobody has ever heard of but is so fucking great it hurts
>Justino, un asesino de la tercera edad

I would also put in comedies "La venganza de Don Mendo".

HOSANNA EH SANNA SANNA SANNA HO
SANNA EH SANNA HOSANNA

based movie

Intacto.

that flag you used triggers me
its supportive of bullfighting

>trying to learn obsolete spanish
>you should focus on Mexican Spanish, it will be way more relevant in the future

Airbag

This

Also, La Isla Mínima

Why would you learn the worst Romance language?

Pinxe pendejo guey, gringo cabron.

But it's ugly.

Because unless Fuhrer Trump wins it'll be the official language of USA in the coming years.

Los Cronocrímenes

This, even the bad ones are pure spaniardkino

Argentinans also have good movies, and I say this as a Spainiard.

Here are some really good ones that haven't been mentioned yet

Nueve Reinas
El Secreto de Sus Ojos
La Habitación de Fermat
Relatos Salvajes
Ocho Apellidos Vascos (this one if you also wanna learn a bit about the culture)

airbag
la lengua de las mariposas
siete reinas
martin hache
el dia de la bestia
torrente
bienvenido mr. marshall
no habra paz para los malvados
camino
abre los ojos
mar adentro

I'm in the same position OP. I'm somewhere around B1 in Spanish and I'm going over to Spain for a year in 2 weeks. My tutor recommended me some things to watch with subtitles but she's a woman so I can't trust her to recommend me good shows.

>mi corazon es tuyo
>velvet
>gran hotel
>el ministerio del tiempo

Thoughts? Y no peliculas de sudaca de mierda por favor

>tfw there are people actually suggesting that Spanish should be mandatory in schools

Not even a Trump supporter, but it's crazy to force the majority to accommodate the minority this way. If anything English should be emphasized more and made the official language.

Aquí no hay quien viva

This is pinnacle of spanish kino OP

>tfw the hot daughter got fat
It's not fucking fair.

El Ministerio del Tiempo is pretty entertaining. You learn history, too.

Why the fuck would you learn spanish from spain thats like learning olde english fucking dialect with a bunch of scouse words thrown in.

this show is often actually good, or at least it was when i was a kid

some very good films:
cronocrimenes
rec
la piel que habito
celda 211
el laberinto del fauno

>el infierno
youtube.com/watch?v=n4jQnRkj-gU

>sabado gigante
youtube.com/watch?v=cwMVfnbQGfE

Watch everything from Alex de la Iglesia, straight B-tier kino.

Zombies Calientes del Getafe

>>mi corazon es tuyo
>>velvet
>>gran hotel

You got fucking memed on mate, those are shit. Let me enlighten you mi negro:

Films:

>Lobo (2004)
>Salvador (Puig Antich)
>El Milagro de P.Tinto
>Los lunes al Sol
>Celda 211
>Tierra y libertad
>El Abrazo de la Serpiente
>También la lluvia
>El lápiz del Carpintero
>Bienvenido Mr. Marshall
>El ángel exterminador
>La escopeta nacional
>Torrente, el brazo tonto de la ley
(but only the first one the rest are shit... Well maybe the second one too)
>La isla mínima
>El laberinto del fauno
>Soldados de Salamina
>Un franco, catorce pesetas
>Ispanski
>Yo, "el vaquilla"
>Jamón, jamón
>Platillos volantes
>800 balas
>El crímen ferpecto
>Alatriste (First spanish hollywood-type superproduction Viggo Mortensen plays the main character)

Shows:

>Crematorio
>Periodistas
>Carlos V, rey emperador
>Historia de España (amazing documentary series about Spanish history, on par to BBC standards)
>El príncipe

Just watch anything with a spanish dub, we have pretty good VAs here
for example I´m pretty sure you will be quite pleased with the VA cast of LotR,

Do you know where I can watch Carlos V and Historia de España with English subtitles? The website they're shown on doesn't have subtitles.

Sure you can do this but you have an excuse right now to dive into another kind of cinema. Spanish cinema (from latin America or Spain) is one of the richest you'll ever find on par to Russian, Italian or French cinema, don't deny yourself this opportunity. Also we have a very bad stereotype of americans here in Spain (I'm assuming you are american) if you come here and make yourself to be seen as knowledgeable in spanish kino you will get a lot of pussy points for sure.

You are kind of fucked in that regard, we only use Spanish subtitles. I would actually recommend you use just Spanish subs it may be harder but your vocabulary is going to increase a lot faster. That is how I'm practicing my german.

What else will get me pussy points as an American

Try to improve your accent. Nothing is more laughable for us spaniards as the anglo accent (maybe the french accent). Usually americans are regarded as really stupid cause all the stupid shit you do but its always nice that you show us that there is actually educated people like anywhere else. Try to be respectful of the traditions in whichever places you visit and know that Spain is very diverse, what is regarded as normal in the south may seem odd or weird in the north for example. Avoid trying to look like a stereotype in anyway. Also major pussy points for confidence, Spanish chicks can smell betas a mile away so you better step up your game if you dont have any. It is better regarded to be turned down by many chick than not having the balls to not go for it. Also be assertive, SJW may say otherwise but Spanish chicks love being manhandled. That is about it.

second season was fucking aburrida boring.

What is the anglo accent? Forgetting to roll R's and not making the th sound for z and ci/ce?

Pretty much any foreign accent will make people laugh.
We're a country of cunts.

the /th/ sound can be forgiving, half of the country doesn't use it, its basically the R's and the O's. The O's in english are very wide in spanish they are shorter and anglos tend to exaggerate them a lot which sounds really funny. Also this

None.
T.Spaniard

Not in this generation
Specially if Trump wins

Despertar del Diablo, Pan's Labrynth, Alatriste (with Viggo Mortesen speaking perfect castillian), el Mariachi (the original)

Also look for Mexican cinema; amores perros and buitiful are good starts.

Also, believe it or not, watching el Chapulin Colorado / El Chavo is a good way to head some really good spanish, specially with Don Ramon's performance.

I don't really want to hijack OP's thread but I don't really want to clutter the front page with another post on a pretty similar topic so here it goes.

I'm in a similar position to OP but i'm studying French, not Spanish. Any films/tv shows recommended? Preferably not a cartoon or anime. I'm trying to better comprehend contractions and slang so something similar the intouchables would be great.

>but i'm studying French
GO FUCK YOURSELF

GABACHOS FUERAAAAAAAA

>ctrl+f
>Magical Girl
>No results
Watch this OP.

Los Caifanes
La Perla
María Candelaria
Macario
El Gran Calavera

I think you meant El Espinazo del Diablo, by Del Toro?

Can you actually learn spanish that way? I took two years in high school so this could be a good idea

algún español por aquí? de qué parte?

Galiza represent!!!

That's how I learned English.
That, videogames and shitposting.
I find that learning grammar rules past a certain point is pretty much useless.

Barcelona reporting in. I actually like this liberal shithole.

Paco por favor

Oswaldo please...

Bueno, por ahora español, aunque conociendonos a los gallegos se independizarán todos antes que nosotros.

Dude. Assuming you are spanish, the best way to do it is to watch a foreign film of a language you dont understand, say, french, then put spanish subtitles. The brain can make sense of the subtitles than of the audio. And by make sense I mean form associations with facial emotions etc. With the end result that you end up using spanish words to learn.

No, Ernesto, mucho gusto.

I pretty much learnt korean that way, so yes.

Que tal por Venezuela?

No se, decime vos.

hueeeeeeeee, ajajajajajaa

Barcelona here too, company

Te pasaste con los tripis Paco.

>wanting to learn spain spanish
It's frowned upon by the rest of the Spanish-speaking world, do yourself a favor and learn Mexican or Caribbean SP instead.
>inb4 shitskin
It's the best subdivision, both by versatility and ease of access.

Oye catalufos de los HUEVOS os quería decir una puta cosa...
No todo el mundo os odia, a mí me caéis bien.

Asumo que anti independentistas ya que estaís respondiendo a "españoles"

Lleida reporting in amics

>Caribbean SP
enjoy sounding like an uneducated nigger

No que va, solo me hizo mucha gracia tu respuesta.

Porqué lo quieres saber? pues depende.

The Last Circus

Straight up creepy clown dark-comedy kino.

Está haciendo un censo de autistas para el CIS

I like you too fellow spaniard

I don't like literally ANY of the major political parties in both Spain and Catalonia so I honestly don't give a fuck who rules this place. Can't feel motivated to have an opinion on this issue.

Che pajeros, ¿Segura va a hacer otro Torrente o se fundió toda la pasta en coca, putas y el sueldo de Alec Baldwin?

Gallego detected

Pero si Alec Baldwin viene incluido con la coca y las putas

Santiago Segura está ahorrando para implantes capilares. La rogaína le ha causado cáncer de hígado.

Trust this guy

The "rest" of the Spanish-speaking world hate each other as much as they hate Spain.
What's the point on learning any specific Spanish over another?

ASTURIAS PATRIA QUERIDA

>Las 2 viejas se murieron
Cuando murió Izaskun casi se me sale una lágrima.

Independentism is just a tool to distract the people of the fight of classes. They have turned us against each other because every mayor thinks the other one owes him a bag of potatoes.

Nueve Reinas is one of my favourite movies.
OP may know it's lower american clone Criminal(2004)

Me pregunto como se siente la que queda
;_;

Did you learn Latin American Spanish or Iberian Spanish?

Penso el mateix pash (per a ser honest)

Me Hombre Gym Tony its a tv series ,Not particularly good but ..watch

Well you fucking should otherwise Rajoy wiil rape your ass ss es

If you really want to learn Spanish watch the TV series "Isabel". Helped me a lot 2bh and you learn history at the same time

I did the same thing with English and i suppose it worked out quite well (i saw lots of Youtube videos in english too, i obviously still do it) the downside is that if i were to try to speak with someone i would sound like a poor imitation of an American Youtuber.
I would recommend "El secreto de sus ojos" mostly because I'm Argentinean.