>inb4 go to /x/
Because /x/ is for PARANORMAL shit. This is actually scientifically sustainable

Other urls found in this thread:

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Flat_Earth
lmgtfy.com/?q=the burden of proof
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_theorem
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauss's_law_for_gravity
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mKyQxI1Q3UU
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Flat_Earth_Society_(website)
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3vsNdhG5Q2Y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TOgXN8qRUQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Rules:
> 1. No use of actual evidence
ftfy
pretty easy to win a debate when you forbid the opposition to use anything that can disprove your argument

go to /x/

For people who aren't at the center of the plate, why isn't gravity greater in one direction to the side?

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

There you go you fucking idiot, stop attacking Science with your bullshit, you realize for the earth to be flat gravity itself gets called into question, how about you get a grad degree in the physics your trying to disprove retard, sorry for they typos, on my phone, and cheesed at your stupidity

You're going to have a hard time in life if you spend your time on this shit.

I said no links without context. Try harder fucker

>No NASA photos as it's already been established that they fake/edit photos

When was this established?

jet fuel can melt steel beams

you said no youtube links without context

and the context for the link is
>read the god damn article linked to

You tell me? Different sizes/shapes of the continents in each photo despite the 'earth' being the same size.

do you think the other planets in our solar system are round?

Rule#4: No usage of letters A through Z

no NASA photos faggot
obey your own retarded rules

It is impossible to argue with conspiracy theorists because any evidence and proof against the existence of any conspiracy is disregarded as being a product of that conspiracy.

Flat earth also explains how dinosaurs went extinct.
If all the dinosaurs died out naturally shouldn't we have found millions if not billions of fossils? why are there so few if they all died on this planet?

True but it makes them really weak so they can't sustain a lot of weight.

Flat earthers rely almost exclusively on the rhetorical tactic known as Gish galloping, simply because their entire "method" consists of horking up ad hoc technobabble ad nauseam.[2] Even so, it's still simply impossible for a flat Earther to explain away the problems with flat-Earthery while maintaining internal consistency, because the "evidence" flat Earthers provide is not just entirely circumstantial, but generally pulled out of their asses as well.
As such, to believe in a flat Earth is to assume that NASA, the government and the entire scientific community are part of a major conspiracy to delude everyone, that the Moon landings never happened, and that NASA spends most of its budget on fabricating evidence of other celestial objects rather than actually exploring space. The Big Bang theory, along with most of physics, would go out the window as well. And that's not even half of it.
Further still, considering that even something as basic as gravity gets called into question when assuming a flat Earth, it really goes to show how big of a tinfoil hat you'd have to be wearing in order to block out that much of reality.

this entire thread is a troll, but just in case someone is actually wondering this, not everything creates a fossil. the conditions have to be just right

Go to /sci/, though you've probably been banned for being a brainlet.

The flat Earth concept can be falsified on any clear night an hour or two after sunset by observing satellites in the sky,[3] provided one accepts either Occam's razor or common sense as valid stances. Plus sanity.
Unless governments around the world are launching one-shot satellites every night to maintain the conspiracy, or using holograms to project satellites into the night sky (or something equally insipid), a flat Earth simply won't support a constellation of orbiting objects. They'll fall right over the edge, giving you nothing but blurry images of a stack of turtles.
The Flat-Earth hobby researchers should always get their local NWO stooge land surveyor to join them — most of their instruments are pointing downwards 1 to 3 degrees.[4]
Worth noting is that spherical trigonometry and astro-trigonometry are exact sciences, which only work in a spherical environment.[5][6]
The earth's shadow on the moon is round [7] and two sticks in two different locations produce two different shadows at the exact same time of day. This is due to the the Earth being spherical.

>Rules:
> 1. No use of actual evidence
that's enough for considering you an illogical & delusional person

We all live in the Matrix and the reality is there is no reality.

Still waiting for a flat answer

/thread

do you have the one with the cats knocking stuff off?

Low quality jpeg is your proof... Genius

Okay what would be the reason for them to cover up Flat Earth.

Just seems like a waste of time work and money.

Gravity doesn't exist. Things drop because of density

Sadly, the flat Earth model is gaining popularity — or at least more vocal proponents — via the Internet, especially on various nutcase-enabling platforms like YouTube. It seems to be rooted in complete and active suspicion of all authority and an assumption that Mainstream Science™ is just one big, faceless monolith — spreading lies to keep the public in the dark about, er... Some nefarious end!
NASA, being part of the Illuminati according to the flattards, is possessed of infinite money and control while at the same time being so incompetent they leave easily-spotted mistakes in their propaganda that expose the whole thing. Flattards like Jeranism make videos filled with a mix of Gish Gallop and creative misunderstanding, willful ignorance, and flat (hah!) denial of facts and evidence to the contrary.

Excerpts from full article disproving the flat earth in depth : rationalwiki.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

I'm not going to look this shit up - do flat earthers believe the planets are flat disks too? what about the moon and the sun?

lmgtfy.com/?q=the burden of proof

Not a single flat earther can provide the simplest piece of evidence to back up their claim ... not one.

Show us the edge. It will never happen.

Literally any photo taken from enough height can show the curvature of the earth.

I didn't realize the autism had spread this far.

>Earth is flat. Prove me wrong.
>Rules: no scientific evidence
/fixed

Mathematical proofs please, I'll wait, tell that to the plans in the sky right now.

>NO NASA photos
>uses NASA photos

go back to /x/ faggot

How dense is the earth compared to things like Gold that don't suck us into them? How thick is the earth while being filled with all that dense stuff?

why does density make things drop?

The gravity field is unidirectional and perpendicular to the surface of the plate.

Haha you want math 'proofs'? That's rich. I thought you globetards said you figured that shit out thousands of years ago with the Greeks. Why hasn't anyone listed an equation for round earth, then?

Idk but I know they think the disc is constantly rising to explain gravity, and the Ross ice sheet, is an ice wall that surrounds everything, which beyond there are more convenients where the Illuminati live. Even though NASA broadcasts a 24/7 live feed from the ISS

They think it is just CGI or something. People who genuinely believe that flat earth exists are probably borderline retarded.

I am waiting on maths proofs, math is the language of the universe, if density does in fact hold us down, show me the proof, because there's one for gravity.

You can't, it doesn't exist.

Further more you've proven you don't understand basic high science, you wasting you're time believing conspiracies.

Including the field that keeps shifting daily and monthly according to the location of the moon?

*High school

time zones

clouds, humidity, weather conditions, time of day, camera used, distance the photo was taken, what part of the earth was photographed

you retard

why do things that are more dense then the air go down towards the earth instead of up or to the side?

The Sun, the moon, asteroids.

this

gravity, bitch. plus, magellan didn't fall off the edge into the abyss when he circumnavigated the globe.

Gravity is fake news.

Cuz' the ice wall

>basic high science

What science are you referring to since you seem to believe that a disk can have the same density of a sphere and be big enough to exert a force of gravity (-9.8 m/s) to have the moon somehow orbit.

Btw I'm not the dude who said gravity doesn't exist.

earth is flat.

source: usgs techtonic plates analysis
abysal plains

still waiting for answers about gravity

the flat earth theory is dependent on a concept of "up and down". there is no up and down. only in and out.

This is Why you dont have any rich or affluent people that believe this shit. Not just because they are usually a bit more intelligent then their poorer counterparts but, because anyone who has been around the type of people who are high up in politics,CEOs or anyone who would be in the Illuminati knows how much of a joke it is that these people could organize to that degree if their lives depended on it.

Yea I'll go put my tinfoil hat on right away.

Why doesnt the water just fall off the edge into outer space leaving a massive dehydrated void? Or if it is why doesnt it orbit the earth? Are you telling us that people sailing/flying round the world is a hoax.

Morale of the story is - back to the drawing board you publess virgin

gravity is a force caused in proportion to mass. stick a basketball in a bathtub and it will naturally be drawn to the sides of the tub.

Shell Theorem
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_theorem
Expanded upon in Gauss's law for gravity
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauss's_law_for_gravity

High school calculus.

less dense medium surrounding by atomic scale. there are a set number of elements that exist in this realm and each act according to its laws.
more atoms is more mass means more electromagnetic attraction. gravity, and curvature, is still a concept that can be negated in true, practical applications see plane surveying for more information.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mKyQxI1Q3UU

Prove the earth isnt flat. Dont use actual factual proof.
OP is too retarded to argue with

The Flat Earth Society is a website and online forum which promotes the idea that the Earth is flat, and that this fact is being covered up in a huge global conspiracy. There is much speculation that the site is actually an example of Poe's Law at work. Because of Poe's Law, the first question asked on the FAQ of their Wiki is "Is this site a joke?" to which it responds "This site is not a joke. We are actively promoting the Flat Earth Movement worldwide. There are, admittedly, several non-serious flat Earth posters, but they are fairly easy to identify." Other comical questions include, "What does the Earth look like? How is circumnavigation possible?", written by someone who has presumably never been informed of the existence of geodesics, or traveled in an airplane from Peru to Australia across the Pacific North America and along the coast of East Asia, and the hilarious "What Evidence Do You Have?", which includes an optimistic mention of the Bedford Level experiment, a section about Cartesian doubt (as if they actually think their theory has stood up to rigorous fact-checking), and a paragraph that more or less says "The Earth looks flat, so therefore it must be that way". It was probably founded because someone wanted to capitalize on the revenue that comes from selling t-shirts and mugs to a mass of misguided people.

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Flat_Earth_Society_(website)

probably b8, but I'll answer. Ignoring all the gravity and shit and how none of it makes sense, how would going one direction until you end up at your starting location work unless the earth was round?

I'm here to prove you wrong. The earth is round. You are now proven wrong.

Because there's fucking ice surrounding us pleb.

but the basketball is never drawn upwards to a bridge. Nice to know all the fraudulent pool boys have been able to con people for so long into thinking that someone needs to be hired to fish debris from the middle of pools.

Have you ever actually done that before?

>no

Fucking idiot

gravity explained
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3vsNdhG5Q2Y

wait. is gravity uni-directional along the surface of the plate or not?

I'm saying it again, time zones.
Your flat earth bullshit means day and night are the same for everyone. But no, I gotta go to work early every time I have a conference call with the UK branch.

Also, pic related. Go east, end up west. That doesn't work unless the two connect. Show me your map projection that puts all points on the same side of the coin, doesn't break lines, and doesn't change their lengths. (that last bit is also your math proof if you want to look up some flight times on literally any travel site).

And lastly (this is my favorite) if NASA was willing to fake things like the moon landing, wouldn't they have more achievements? Think about that shit. It'd be fucking Star Trek by now.

Have flat Earthers ever sailed before? Or flown? I would imagine not, as both require educations and licenses, and, you know, you people are fucking retarded, but I've got a retarded cousin with a pilots license, so it's totally possible, but the point is, have you ever tried to geonavigate? You can do it in your spare time, it's pretty self explanatory, navigating land or sea, base on coordinates, lat/long, you know, basic shit like that, now the problem you may run into is that geo-navigation, using the lat/long lines as described by a globe is literally impossible if the earth actually is flat, because the coordinates wouldn't match up, the further you are from the center, the more you'd have to compensate for east and west, and given that we're using those same coordinates to this day, and we don't have to make massive adjustments in out measurements as we move further south, and you are capable of testing this with a fucking map and compass at literally any time, I don't see why it should be our fucking job to succeed where your parents clearly failed, and convince you that real things are indeed real. Kill yourself.

Is this whats causing the fuss around melting ice caps? Also if you look at the map laid out flat, the locations of.the ice dont run round in a perimeter. Can you show us a picture of your flat earth? Just to see which countries land on the edges?

You're shooting all over the place in ways I'm sure you don't understand, atomic mass? You know how elements are created right? It requires orbit around a star in the first place. You're cherry picking from your own limited understanding thinking you make sense, but to someone who fully understands these concepts, you make none. Why don't you be like an anti Saudi conspiracy theorist, the world actually needs those.

Put a round object on the ground

If earth is curved, it will roll
If earth is flat, it will stay in place

earth is not flat. prove me right!

>Rules art for Thee, but not for Me

I have.

The only thing flat here is the line indicating your brain activity. Why don't you walk to the edge and jump off?

If you travel in one direction across the earth, you'll eventually get back to where you started. If it were flat, the edge would stop you.

magnetic center bends light.
read up on it
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TOgXN8qRUQI

The fact that it can be simultaneously day time and night time at different parts of the earth. Can we stop talking about this for forever now?

You've been lied to. Think for yourself.

first post best post!

>pic related is op after BTFO'ing

If the earth is flat, where are all the selfies showing the edge? You know damn fucking well those photos would be everywhere.

SeeUse your brain

How high does someone need to go up into the air to see the edge of the plate, and why has nobody ever done it with a camera?

>says NASA pics are doctored
>uses NASA pics to prove earth is flat

You. Made the claim, you must provide evidence to support it. L2debate moron

Forgot to add.
>Watch tall ship disappear over horizon. Like a cruise ship.
>Use binocs, telescopes, or upside "OK" fingers to help
>...
>top disappears last

Curvature of the earth explains that shit. How does flat earth?

Not everything becomes a fossil you autistic retarded motherfucker conditions have to be right for it like when some corpses of poor bastards are pretty well preserved while others are just broken skeletons

>"No fake pictures"
>Posts this gay shit

You are a fucking gem.

This is a religion by now

Illuminati and Jay Z.

>1. No NASA photos as it's already been established that they fake/edit photos
It has not.

How old are you, and why have you never traveled by plane?