Movie is set in the 80s because modern technology makes it too easy to solve problems characters would come up against

>Movie is set in the 80s because modern technology makes it too easy to solve problems characters would come up against

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XIZVcRccCx0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Home Alone
>Kevin tweets "lmao I'm home alone" minutes after waking up
>family notices, comes back, Kevin gets cheapskate dick that night

Stranger Things?

Imagine if Stranger Things was set in the present day. The four kids would be sat in their own homes playing Call of Warcraft together and none of the events would taken place.

but there's also a point there
a lot of crimes were made in the past ONLY because there weren't any security cameras

the real problem in movies is when it feels forced

>Movie is set in the modern day because modern technology creates its own set of problems for characters to come up against

It's better than pulling this shit over and over again in order to excuse the fact that cellphones exist.

youtu.be/XIZVcRccCx0

>Watching The Night Of
>90% of the show is the detective sitting on his fatt ass watching security camera footage

>Modern day thriller
>It's about characters trying to hide from security cameras
>Antagonist is a government surveillance room filled with technicians and big monitors tracking everyone's positions via satellite
>Characters run everywhere
>G-man gives orders to generic field agents to track them down

Every fucking time.

why do people watch horror movies?

What's weird about this?

It's just lazy. How often do you lose service? Because I almost never do.

They're more entertaining than romance movies and funnier than shitty comedies.

First of all losing signal in places where theres only desert or forest/snowy mountains is completely understandable and logical, losing signal while on random places while driving around the country is also common m8.

Less and less all the time. And it's still lazy. Why not let the call go through? Half the time, it wouldn't even be helpful.

very often, especially out in the countryside or rural areas. i don't even have signal in my house atm

>Less and less all the time
>most movies are from the 90s
>it still happens a lot while driving across the country

If you notice most of those movies aren't set on big cities or cities at all, most of them are on remote areas where believe it or not there's no signal even to this day m88.

More like WATCHING PooDeePew playing Call of Warcraft.

And, most importantly, it's still lazy writing.

>ignores the explanation and continues to spew his bullshit even though he has been proven wrong

aight bud

Of all movies that do those things, there's only one that I like.

That it is unlikely to happen and that it is lazy writing are two separate arguments. You're the one who has been ignoring a major point.

What's the problem with this?

Its not lazy writing at all when the whole movie is set on a remote place up in the mountains or in the desert you dense fuck, its just something that comes with the territory.

It is lazy. You're arbitrarily removing a common tool from the character, simply to avoid having to deal with the complexity it adds to the situation. Clever writers use the cell phone to build tension/create horror/create an interesting out.

Believe it or not there are places on Earth where you can't get a cell phone signal.

>let character use cellphones while he's out in the desert or in up in the snowy mountains of buttfuck nowhere
>good writing

Pick one and only one.

You're still just dodging my main point. I don't really care about how realistic it is for someone to have signal, they get rid of the signal out of laziness.

I just watched See No Evil, Hear No Evil for the first time one the 29th when Gene Wilder passed.

The hot sexy supermodel lady used a fucking phone booth.

I honestly have to ask: do big cities even still have phone booths? If not, did they actively go out and remove them, or just stop maintaining them? How did this all work out with the advent of the cellular phone?

>they get rid of the signal out of laziness.

Again you dense fucking manchild who has never left the comfort of his mom's basement, most of the places where those movies where set in HAVE NO SIGNAL AT ALL, it isn't them getting rid of the signal, its that it simply doesn't exist on those kind of places.

If you get lost in the desert you're not going to be able to use your cell phone to call for mummy for help, and adding the scene where there's no signal is thought exactly for people like you who ignore this fact, because then people like you would say: DUH WHY DIDNT THEY CALL MUMMY WITH THE CELLPHONE!!!!

>mfw this actually happens irl to bongistanis

By choosing to set the story in these remote locations, they actively chose to get rid of it.

But it doesn't matter. Those are a minority of the relevant films. The majority take place in an area where one would expect to have signal, and it is removed arbitrarily.

And it still doesn't matter, because at no point have you ever addressed the fact that it is lazy writing, and that's because you literally can't.

I assume they were run by private companies, who were required by the city to remove them if they weren't going to maintain them.

how many MacGyver episodes would have been resolved in a minute, with the help of a mobile phone?

>By choosing to set the story in these remote locations
>want to make movie set on a remote location
>suddenly can't because some autist will call it lazy writing

I don't know what you mean about me not adressing the lazy writing shit because that's all i've done in all my posts.

user it's common for you to lose cell phone service inside any building that's designed to block radiation or is behind several layers of concrete. once you get away from the major highways and cities cell phone coverage evaporates in the US

OK, I'm out. You're just ignoring the one point I care about, so whatever.

different guy here

just what point are you trying to make? if they're in an area where people wouldn't necessarily have cell phone service, why is pointing out that there's no signal lazy writing?

>ignores the points that run his shitty argument to the ground
>alright adress my flawed argument ignoring the things that destroy it
>you can't? i guess i win, i'm out bucko!

Dude you're a fucking retard. I'm not him but I read your whole conversation.

I go on vacation with my friends once every summer to the same place and I have to jewgle map the entire trip before I leave because about halfway there I lose all cell service on the way (I'm retarded and still haven't memorized the fucking way yet). If you live in a vastly rural area in the upper Midwest, it isn't all too uncommon. I could seriously become a horror movie victim one day.

Well I could, but I have the thing that could solve like 90% of all horror movie problems and render the entire movie moot: a fucking gun in my doorpanel.