How big is your CD collection?

How big is your CD collection?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.com/itm/Confusion-Is-Sex-Plus-Kill-Yr-Idols-by-Sonic-Youth-CD-Feb-1995-DGC-/332291469017?epid=3137063&hash=item4d5e1d6ed9:g:cAYAAOSwol5Y1JN7&_trkparms=pageci%3Afd2aeade-6742-11e7-bf6f-74dbd1808c31%7Cparentrq%3A388c547615d0a9e86a9e1c0effebccfe%7Ciid%3A3
youtube.com/watch?v=w3RzlpmkNxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ask the charity shops who I gave my CDs to lol

Lol

Like 8, maybe 11 if I decide against buying a cheap Chinese clarinet off Craigslist.

haha
I don't get it.

I currently own 266 CDs

50 currently, been going for almost a year

Will collecting CDs ever become cool among hipsters like vinyls are?

Hard to say man. CD sales have declined since digital storage and distribution took off, and maybe after that there'll be a similar resurgence to vinyl had after cd's, but who knows. They just don't have the same novelty as vinyl or cassettes currently.

almost 100
pretty sure its set me back about 400 quid that i really can't afford
and sometimes the CDs I get are so fucked by the loudness war that I just download the same album from soulseek instead.

Can't you just normalize the output?

not sure what you mean
the CD was bat chain puller and all the instruments had their volume increased so you couldn't distinguish anything.

What's a "seedy"?

300gb

It's like a movie but you only hear thangs.

So, a radio drama?

What's a "radio"?

Ray Dio

A device used by police to coordinate operations

question, does anyone put plastic sleeves on their digipaks to protect them? do they really need it?

I coulda used some when I blacked out and spilled a drink that I didn't clean up which then soaked into a box.

damn that sucks, I'll keep that in mind

Please stop posting this

>Justin Bieber never say never dvd
I see you're a man of taste and culture, user

+500
Yesterday bought 2 GOAT albums for less than of what the cheapest vinyl in the store (some beaten gloria gaynor single)
My turntable is in repairs so I checked out the CDs in the store, lots of gems, some that will never be re-released or hit streaming services

Funny thing is, I have about 200+ vinyls that I bought for pennies back in the 90s when CDs took over.
The other day I found out that the first Chapterhouse album on vinyl is worth a lot of $$$, I got it for $2

According to RYM I have 120 but that doesn't include hundreds of classical music CDs

I have my uncle's Licenced to Ill, Pork Soda, and Megadeth 13.

good confederacy of dunces my man

About 2000

0. If I can't find an album online, I'll just buy the cd used, rip it lossless and throw it in the trash.

What about this one?
Pinkshinyultrablast used to go by the Carpenter configuration but that's where I spilled my drink. The only one I had to let go was Painting With since I could still get a few bucks for it. Only a few others got any damage at all.

lol cds are worthless

It hard to imagine they'll ever be quite as fetishized - they're just not as attractive as physical objects compared to records or cassettes.
Plus, you can download a 100% perfect copy of any CD from the internet.
With analog media, you're getting a different experience playing it back (and it's one that varies based on the equipment you have), there's appeal to the notion that the sound never once was turned into 1s and 0s going from the master tape to your ears.

Not as big as my vinyls collection

I don't get it; what is the best, CD, vinyl or pirate?

CDs are cheap, sound the same on all equipment, are portable and easily rippable, and are more compact than records. But they lack severly in cool factor, many modern ones and remasters are overly compressed, you can download the exact same thing from a torrent site, and there's a distinct possibility that much early optical media will start rotting away soon.

Vinyl has great artwork and form factor, offers a unique analog experience compared to a digital file, can sometimes sound better than a CD version of the same album, can last forever when stored and played properly, and are very cool. But they're not portable, have a much higher entry cost for equipment if you want them to sound decent, you have to clean them, and pressing quality varies wildly (some brand new records are littered with ticks and pops straight out of the package). But additionally, vinyl will be around and equipment will be manufactured to play it long after CDs become entirely obscure (as the playback mechanism is much more mechanically simple it will always be possible for people to manufacture turntables)

Pirate digital is extremely convenient, free, and takes up no physical space. But by not having a hard copy your music's survival is at the whims of your storage media. Plus, there's no cool way to show them off.

Get better books

approaching 1200

Reading is for faggots.

I'm saving it for prison. Like a lot of things.

In my case, I've got a lot stockpiled because it didn't used to be so easy to get full albums around every corner online, even in the mid-late '00s. I assume this is true with a lot of people in this thread.

Over 800. I may have a problem.

Big

Shhhh, no you don't

>Plus, there's no cool way to show them off.
So it's partially about vanity

CD > pirate > vinyl

I like physical formats, but vinyl... I just don't get the hipster appeal. Do these people actually listen, like, day-in, day-out, and get practical use out of their LPs? or are they just decoration? 'Cause by all practical criteria vinyl is a royal pain in the ass.

Honestly, I could see myself collecting vinyl if this were like 1992 or something. Vinyl was a fairly recently deprecated technology then, everyone had gotten rid of their old LPs in favor of CDs, and therefore prices were low. But in 2017 - right now we're in the golden age of CD collecting, for the exact same reasons. Where I live, at least, the $2 CD bins are overflowing with good grabs. The vinylheads are behind the curve.

a bit over 300 cds, here's just a small stack from it I have on my bed for reasons

Too many

I get much more emotional satisfaction from playing an LP. It's hard to explain really but when you've got a great clean pressing and turn it up loud it has a "magic" to it.. CDs are simply not satisfying to the same extent, to the point where I'm fine paying the premium to own my favorites on LP. And the physical aspect is much better, CD artwork is a joke.
Part of it's the engineering surely, vinyl cuts are EQ'd and processed with a home setup in mind, while digital masters have been oriented towards earbuds for the last 20 years.

That's a lot

lmao nice

idort vinyl/pirate master race

ofc

cds suck and he/she/it/they ditched all of his/her/theirs to a goodwill or something

What's wrong with CDs? Did you fall for the 192kh/24bit meme? Or do you download? Don't tell me you stream

CDs are rad bro. I can't bring my LPs places, and my cassettes I have to flip halfway through

I'd pay you for that confusion is sex

You really think hipsters think that when they buy analog music? They do that just becayse other hipsters do that too.

>not having an auto-reverse tape deck
is this 1980

The vinyl market right now is about half Lana Del Ray Crosley kiddies (who will become disinterested sooner or later) and half audiophiles. Obviously a lot of people don't give a fuck but if someone dishes out the money to buy vinyl on a regular basis they probably do. Normies wouldn't concieve of using anything but Spotify or YouTube to listen to music in the first place

close to 500 cds

haven't been properly shopping in a few months and im really dissatisfied with my current collection. too much bloat from bands like flaming lips make it feel pretty unauthentic. might have to go back to buying online as record stores/flea markets have typically predictable releases in stock. gotta be original yo.

I only collect videogames.

Are you an LPer or something dude?

underageb&

Pirate digital music, buy physical if you like something. I prefer records over CDs personally, but both mediums have their pros and cons

nintendos are not CDs

m.ebay.com/itm/Confusion-Is-Sex-Plus-Kill-Yr-Idols-by-Sonic-Youth-CD-Feb-1995-DGC-/332291469017?epid=3137063&hash=item4d5e1d6ed9:g:cAYAAOSwol5Y1JN7&_trkparms=pageci%3Afd2aeade-6742-11e7-bf6f-74dbd1808c31%7Cparentrq%3A388c547615d0a9e86a9e1c0effebccfe%7Ciid%3A3

This is what I'd do it for at minimum.

nobody cares nerd, get out of here

this

I think I have close to 200 or so

tempting offer, damn..

mine was about 600 strong, then I was told by a mod-chick at a local resale shop I went to that "owning a physical copy is pointless, just download them," -- and with that I went down a spiral of getting rid of all my shit. I've still about 150 CDs, give or take. Still can't get rid of my movies though, don't plan on it either.

That's actually a really comfy looking setup

Looks like a pedophile's den more like.

Maybe he'll take $7

got any pics of your collection(s)?

The process of finding CDs is more fun than buying them.

Kinda true desu
youtube.com/watch?v=w3RzlpmkNxo