King Gizzard

What on earth are these guys so popular for? Just wondering before diving into their music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw4DdTynYl07fUvwUxIRZD0npGHCsSKgk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let us know which is better, Microtonal Banana or Murder The Universe

Being a pleb version of psych rock

Sorry bud, the Tame Impala thread was the other day.

High energy.

They sound nice

making garbage music for brainlets who haven't listened to more than 5 psych albums pre the year 2000

there being one band plebbier doesnt mean another isnt still pleb....

theyre DUDE SICK RIFFS XD: the band

They've got a good jammy sound and interesting concepts behind their albums. If you're looking for a recommendation on where to start listen to I'm in your mind fuzz I'm you like the heavier aspects of it listen to nonagon infinity then murder of the universe if you like the chiller sounds listen to quarters and paper mache dream balloon

and oddments

Oddments is okay I see it as a transition from their earlier rough sound to the more laid back psych they did around the time after that

Fuck off. What are the modern psych albums that YOU enjoy?

Good recs. Float Along is a decent starting point, too.

Butthurt contrarians

They are the first band to make garage prog work, which is well, a very questionable thing to make work (and I'm a fan of them)

I'm willing to bet its all the same person. It always is

If heard nanogan infinity 200+ times in 2 weeks

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw4DdTynYl07fUvwUxIRZD0npGHCsSKgk

This is the leaked demos for what could be album 4 (not sketches of new Brunswick)

Rec me some good psych rock

FUTUROSCOPE
Hawkwind
Morgen
Spacemen 3
Gong
The Silence

Oddments is fantastic, everything else is dissapointing

desu i dont know what made them so popular. It started with Nonagon Infinity, so maybe it was the High Energy stuff they made? I personally think Quarters! and I'm in your mind fuzz are better albums.

microtonal is their best album so far

Thee Oh Sees have overstayed their welcome and become passe so King Gizzard is their replacement

Hey....I like thee oh sees

Because its reel muzik.
My gay ass friends talk them up like if they are real rock n roll and the best thing since [lewronggenerationalbum]

You don't get them if you don't like them.
They've won me over completely. They're 9/10

This seems pretty interesting, can't wait for the full release