Yesterday I asked Sup Forums which Diablo should i buy 2(LoD) or 3(RoS)

Yesterday I asked Sup Forums which Diablo should i buy 2(LoD) or 3(RoS)

>EVERYONE recommended Diablo 2 (LoD)
>Diablo 3 got shit on

Now I have another question before I get 100% into it!

So here is the question!

>What mods should I use? (Aside from MedianXL, Eastern sun or SlashDiablo servers)

>I'm a complete beginner to Diablo 2 and I'm up for the challenge but I want to know what exactly would I want to help me Client wise.

(Btw I am gonna start playing on Hardcore PREPARED TO DIE!)

Other urls found in this thread:

modsreloaded.com/plugy-the-survival-kit
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Idk man it depends..

Median XL will and is going to kick your ass unless you read alot on the forums

Get the D2SE mod manager off google.

Install plugy which is a stash expansion mod and it grants all the battlenet runewords to single player.

Then pick a class and run through the first act
to get your feet wet. Idk how server popularity is now adays on D2 but single player has been rewarding to me for atleast 10-15 years solid

Samefag here

Good classes to solo singleplayer are :

Summon necro, Shapeshifting druid, Fireball/Frozen orb sorc, or a holy freeze/shock paladin

You don't need mods but if you want to play offline solo (are there even D2 servers anymore?) there's a mod called plugY modsreloaded.com/plugy-the-survival-kit that lets you play the game as if you were online and gives you more storage etc.

Or you can just play Path Of Exile. It's free and is what Diablo 3 should have been.

Diablo 2 has one of the best soundtracks ever.

Op here

A lot of people recommended me Sorc so I think ill start with him, thanks for the help
I will be trying to conquer SP before getting into Online :)

Here's what I recommend:

>play Diablo 2 single player. Revel in the music
>play Diablo 2 multiplayer
>play Diablo 3, demo if there is one
>play Path Of Exile
>realize how utter shit Diablo 3 is and how amazing Path Of Exile is

What you can do is level the fire tree until you hit lv 30. And the chick that sells potions in the ACT1 can completely reset all your skill points as a respec when you complete the game completely.. So fire tree up until 30 then spec everything into frozen orb and cold mastery.. That will work untill hell difficulty and then you come across common monsters who have cold immune so you have to hybrid spec to another element. Hope this helped! and that you enjoy my favorite game in the world

I like Diablo 3.

Always start with an orb sorc, then use her for runs until you're able to snag a nigma. Sorc is the only class who gets tele (without a nigma) and isn't super gear dependent (although gear will definitely help her). She'll be the best to start with for quick tele runs and once you have some dope items just respec her... or not! ORB SORC FOR LIFE!

If Diablo 2 never existed Diablo 3 could be considered a good game, but they shit all over the franchise and it took Path Of Exile to make a true spiritual successor to one of the greatest games of all time.

play this instead

You blasphemous whore.

Blizzard is just shitty company nowdays they only care about money. what made them big is back in the days people who worked there and made blizzard name where making games for pure passion and love to what they do money where not the prime goal. now they do games as simple casual PC and child friendly as possible so they can cash as much money possible

You blasphemous whore. (2x)

The company behind path of exile is all about the money too.
Your thoughts on this?

Derailed by pay-to-win arguments.
Huh

Blizzard unfortunately made a successful game called World of Warcraft which changed everything.
At that moment they realized that if you simplify everything and make it shallow all of the kids will love it. Add some "rewards" like as if you are training a dog and give them the illusion of that skill is required and they'll never leave.

SC2, D3, OW are all based on that concept.
Take something that has been done before, add nothing new and dumb it down.

this this this this this, i played a lot of 2, i've played a lot of 3 and POE still shits on both of them. POE is literally D2s spiritual successor

no its not they have cosmetics shop ? so what they have to make money somehow you know they have to eat and stuff also no one force you to buy cosmetics and they dont affect the gameplay also game is free

Blizzard games worth 60+$ and they charge you for every DLC you pay monthly for WoW also you buy the game last time i watched they wanted to charge money for the new diablo 3 hero the necro. Card stone is pure pay to win. Heroes of the storm sell skins for 10$ also the game is shit casual and no one care about it. OW is casual as fuck and worth shitload they will probably charge for dlc in the future.
Shitty jew company with shit games almost no one from the old blizzard work there any more

Lol get D3 you faggot only people that pls D2 are angry fat neckbeard hipsters. All of the issues with D3 were fixed. It was great when it came out and is better than ever now. Fucking edgy ass teens trying to be edgy by playing some fucking Stone Age game. Sure D2 was fun back in the day but cmon

Path of exile fucking blows lol

You pay monthly for Diablo?
That would be the only question and I heard that POE did stopped selling items that helped the gameplay, but- it is large enough now, so I can say they /are/ eating enough, no?

at the start WoW was something new and different in the mmorpg genre. shit went to shit with this game later on also almost no one from the OG staff work on the game any more

>It was great when it came out
been playing since the closed beta and i can tell you that your're completely wrong

I am still playing D2 (with an D3 intercourse of about 1 to 3 months playing time) because IT IS SIMPLY FUCKING AMAZING! Barbarian is my favourite class, necro, pala, druid, assassin are cool, too...

you stupid or just young?
you pay for biablo
you get poe for free and you can play without spending a single $ on it
thats the difference you can play POE absolutely free
and if they are big now and get money from people who want buy cosmetics good for them since they made one of the best game in the genre

PoE had an incredible amount of character customization and I've got 2600+ hours into it. The biggest downfall is the reliance on trading. If you're not willing to spend a shit ton of time learning and monitoring how the economy changes (which happens fast) you'll end up poor and unable to buy the super rare items that you'll never have drop. I love the game but if you can't no-life it you'll be frustrated.

So you are judging it off of the closed beta? Fucking retard. They made the game darker with ROS and they got rid of auction house. Have fun playing your 16 bit piece of shit you hipster edgy lord. I bet you listen to Sun 0)))))) to

Sorry man D3 is great but it'll never be better than D2. The loot/trading system is shit and completely ruined what was amazing about D2, the player based living economy.

Other than the graphics, it was a simplified version of OU with no PvP, even on PvP servers.

Took them a 6 months to implement a simple PvP system that was pointless and another 6 months to implement a PvP system that was no skill and all grind.

The only thing Blizzard did great was the cinematic and VA.

>So you are judging it off of the closed beta?

>since the closed beta

ok so you're retarded, that explains everything

im just happy Blizzard movie bombed and they wont do Star craft, OW movie or another WoW

Play a necromancer -- become a virtual God, destroy anything that opposes your might with an army of skeletons and golems to do your bidding while you cast nasty spells from a distance.

This was supposed to be a Diablo 2 until

They fixed that though. And I am not saying d 3 was better than d 2 when it came out, but if you are looking for a dungeon crawler to get into in 2017 why would you go for a game that is over ten years old? D 3 is just more more modern and frankly better. D 2 is stale and the same builds due to the game not being updated since the early 2000s

Blizzard cinematic team is ok. But is nowhere near the Blur Studios level.
Blur kill everyone there its not even close.

Still a better game. I bet you cut yourself and play n 64 still

>an D3
please consider learning when and how to properly use specific articles (a, an, the)

stfu spiderman

we've already established you're retarded and your opinion is irrelevant, you can stop posting now

I agree that D2 is definitely stale at this point, but the D3 loot system still sucks. I realize you can trade as things drop, but there is still no trading or player driven economy. Some of the best times I had on D2 were just hopping from game to game, trading my way up until I was rich (in gear/runes).

>Good classes to solo singleplayer are :

Most of them are good.

…until user gets to Hell difficulty and then it doesn't matter which class is chosen because, at that point, it's necessary to have a party just to proceed past the Blood Moor.

i made over $5,000 on the real money auction house while finishing an associate degree. i think they got a little more right than you gave them credit for.

When your argument fails, attack grammar.

Just means I won even more LOL

are there any d2 mods that make it not look like shit?

This guy know whats up.
Blur is the top dog. They did a game cinematic telling a story in 5min, that was better than the last Star Wars movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A

i used to start games called "free windforce" then the game would instantly fill up and id be in the hardest difficulty with all MF gear on and id solo all the bosses in the entire game in 3-5 minutes. clearly you didn't know how to play the game.

No.

" look at me guys, half life 2 is the only fps worth playing. 90s anime was the best and everything else sucks. My moms pc can only run D2 and I over heard the guys at the comic store saying it will always be the best no matter what. Am I fucking hipster or what? I even got the d 2 sounds track as a vinyl "

So so so mad lol

hey retard. i wasn't arguing with you. i saw you talking and i commented on how dumb you are. i don't know what you were talking about nor do i care. so once again you're retarded on two counts. gonna go for three?

fuckin dip.

i made a couple of grand on the rmah with endless demonbuddy trials back in the day, plus a bit of flipping and buying to sell offsite

quiet now son, the big boys are talking

I have 52k d2jsp fg if you want it I stopped playing d2 a while ago

you are talking to two different people
welcome to an user messageboard hope you enjoy your summer break

I agree and I'm not saying d 3 was better than d 2 when they both launched. But to get into a game now ( not circa 2000s) d 3 would be the way to go. There are going to be even less people on d 2 if he is looking for a community

Oh yeah D2. I remember being a fag. D3 is tons of fun, don't let "muh D2" crowd nostalgia you to death.

As much as I hated the idea, I bought an amazing legendary that carried my first mage through a few playthroughs and sold a bunch of useless shit.

Didn't make 5k on it but I bought a few games because of D3.

>so I think ill start with him

Her.

You're welcome. : )

Hey I found your Facebook lol so fucking mad nerd HAHAHAH

i don't get it...are you angry about something? or trying to insult someone? i mean you're just wasting your time typing and filling out a captcha at this point.

What about the Grim Dawn?

What is it about swtor and wow? Their non-engine cinematics are fucking amazing but the in game shit is so fucking bad.

bought with gold*

basically he's so invested in diablo 3 he needs to white knight it whenever it's criticized

so pretty much your typical btard

i sorta feel bad for you and how desperate for attention you are. sorry you're so upset user.

I spended a lot less time on d3 than d2. Remember grinding with friends whole nights in d2. D3 i can do few hours grinding and im done tho i was younger in d2 days.

yeah that grimmmz guy is such a loser. but he still makes more money in a month than your entire family does in a year combined. lul

Samefag

Sorry, but English is not my native language and at first I wanted to write "an intercourse of D3" then I decided to write "a D3 intercourse" and forgot to delete the "n", besides this: fuck you!

>I spended
Dude...

>hell difficulty and then you come across common monsters who have cold immune so you have to

>multiple immunities

…and can't do shit about it.

Man you guys sure are easy to troll. So mad about a nerdy game LOL get troll

Me: over 9000
You nerds: - 9000

>D2 being better

Pretty cool, but the firearms-and-kind-of-western-setting is partially strange...

you're going to waste most of your life telling yourself that you won when you really didn't. that's what makes me smile.

dude you got them so good i was like laughing my zozzles off. fucking kek bro you should save this thread and look at it later to remind yourself of how dank your memes and trolling iz. boss u won!

listen to this cock gobbler hating on the true spiritual successor to Diablo 2. Path Of Exile takes everything that was great about Diablo 2 and adds more. Diablo 3 just takes a dump on Diablo 2 then flushes it down the toilet.

> yet he responds to me

LOL want a waaahhh burger with those cries? Whoa I smell something... it is the shit in your pants and the microwave you play d 2 on overheating. Sorry you faggot nigger virgin I won again

>plays checkers by himself
>says "i won" when finished
this is what happens when you eat paint chips as a child

Thanks meme brother #trollers4life

you're so mad you're not even talking to people at this point LUL you're just yelling into the air like a child who was denied a visit to the toy isle. keep the keks rolling you sir are making me smile

> can't afford diablo 3

Win win win get fucking trolled

>knowing not to waste my money on shit

you keep coming back for the last word, which means im trolling you...and im not even trying.
got damn son u needa git gud.
chicken dinners all day for me.

Fuck you faggot im trolling you
you aren't trolling shit and the only person here who is fucking mad is you and all your faggot shit you dumb nigger
I AM TROLLING YOU FAGGOT I WIN

>not mad
>seems very mad
maybe it's time you took a break from the internet and went outside, go play some kickball with your friends at the park isn't that what kids your age do?

nigga u mad

shitty bait

>solo all the bosses in the entire game in 3-5 minutes. clearly you didn't know how to play the game.

Soloing all the bosses in the game in under 5 minutes ain't "playin' the game".

If true (it's not) how much of the game did you really enjoy?

I measure based on enjoyment, not based on how fast I could run away from every monster in the game and then cheat past the bosses.

d2 ladder just reset roughly a month ago.
check out d2jsp.org
trading made much easier

um...you don't understand how to play diablo. you beat the game, neat, beat it with all classes, cool...then get all of them to lvl 99...fun...but that's where your endgame seems to be.
for me after i got beyond that point i began to collect all the best gear by using what's called magic find % and being in full games id repeatidly beat the bosses over and over and over again for better gear, then trade that gear for currency like soj's or better gear...so on and so forth - the end game was the economy. so instead of say 'cheat the bosses' maybe you should understand the full extent of what im talking about instead of act like you are some superior gamer.

or maybe that's all too complex for you.

Truth. The only thing to do after beating the game was to grind for level 99 then farm to get the best elite unique items. All of that lead to being the best in PVP. He probably doesn't understand it because he wasn't there.

They see me trolling

They hating

Yet they keep responding

LOLOLOLOLOL

Derail D2 thread: check
Piss off stupid mad nerds: double check LOL

I dunno man. I played both, and D2 is great, but D3 is really fun. It's like an arcade beat 'em up with beautiful graphics and lots of depth and replay value. Wouldn't knock D3.

>then trade that gear

Sorry to hear that you couldn't find it yourself with all that amazing magic find percentage.

I guess it pays to be lazy and depend on others' hard work or fortune.

I told you!
HAHAhahaha I knew you'd post again, you can't leave without having the last word, I practically own you at this point. Who is trolling who? LULLL

nah i found all the items perfect percentage. then i sold them on ebay. retired early so i could hang out on this page and force people to spend time alone with me in threads like this and have discussions with me. maybe one day you might even love me if we keep going.

Don't get MXL for your first time it's not even the same game, granted it's really good but it's not Diablo 2. I'd say you only need PlugY for the stash space.

i dunno i feel like you're the one who loses here if this is the only possible way you can enjoy your life. i mean isn't that kind of sad and depressing that all you've ever done has amounted to derailing diablo 2 threads on Sup Forums?

but if you say so...you win. keep up the good work...?

pics or it didn't happen.

>trolling diablo 2 threads
Sorry to hear you couldn't prove it with pics.

samefag