Motor/sp/ort - THANK YOU BASED ROOFTOP RAY Edition

IMSA Weathertech Sportscar Championship and Continental Tire Challenge at Daytona International Speedway

>Bruno Senna crashes ESM Nissan DPi in car-on-car accident during pre-race photoshoot
>NASCAR JUSTing its format

>Entry List
imsa.com/sites/default/files/event-weekends/2017/emedit_event_weekend/em_rolex_24_at_daytona/2017_iwsc_rolex24_preevent_entrylist.pdf
>Spotter Guide
spotterguides.com/portfolio/17_imsa/
>Timing
livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa

Thursday, January 26
>CTC P1 0900 ET/1400 UTC
>WTSC P1 1020 ET/1520 UTC
>CTC P2 1140 ET/1640 UTC
>WTSC P2 1330 ET/1830 UTC
>CTC P3 1420 ET/1920 UTC
>WTSC Quali 1510 ET/2010 UTC
>CTC P4 1700 ET/2200 UTC
>CTC Quali 1730 ET/2230 UTC
>WTSC P3 1900 ET/0000 UTC (Friday)

Friday, January 27
>WTSC Practice 4 1000 ET/1500 UTC
>CTC Race BMW Endurance Challenge At Daytona (4 hours) 1215 ET/1715 UTC

Saturday, January 28
>WTSC Race Rolex 24 At Daytona (24 hours) 1430 ET/1930 UTC

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Kendall
my.mixtape.moe/jygtrr.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=2_zAxPqKa8Y
fanschoice.tv/watch-live/imsa/weathertech
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Now that NASCAR format is JUST and Americans have bought F1 will there be many NASCAR viewers switching to Formula Un?

flippin' idiot

Yeah my grandma

None, I'll take Indydeath over HAMROSVET

I've watched the 24 for years now but never attempted the full race before. Gonna try to do it this year, any advice on streams or anything else I should know? If they stream on JewTube that would be great because I could get that on the big screen

There's been ways to watch it on IMSA's site, online through VLC or a media player, and I believe on FS1/2. Might even be on facebook or some meme social media sites.

Sportscars and Indycar. F1 is for homosexuals

>""""""""""""""""""""""DPi"""""""""""""""""""""
>just P2 cars

It's finally time

I can't wait for IMSA this weekend.
hopefully my cousin coming from out of town won't be a distraction.

Joao Barossa takes P1 in the Chadillac

Dat Action Express tho

Jimi doin thangs

Good year for race car noises

> tfw HAHA time for /DAYTONA/

Any way to watch what's going on at Daytona right now?

is it over??

Will Friday's race be streamed through IMSA? Not the radio shit I mean the video

So whats on the menu for this weekend boys?
Case of beer? Tri Tip roast? Boner meds? Inhaler?

Cool so like for the main race will imsa still stream it?

Not in our country at least

How am I going to watch the race since I'm not about to watch Fox shit because literally commercials all day. Will someone be streaming the stream?

Well aren't you a needy bitch
You can always just go listen to Hindhaugh

Yeah god for bid I not want to watch advertisement for the whole race. Usually there is an user who streams each year so was just wondering

remember when IMSA prototypes were good?

Did he die? That looked pretty bad

is motor/sp/ort back lads?

time to get comfy for 24h

Not dead but fucked his lower legs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Kendall

I see he's pretty lucky at that speed then for just having his legs fucked

I haven't watched this in a few years, I have to say the Daytona prototypes look pretty rad now.

What's the point of qualifying for a 24h race? Where you start isn't going to mean shit 3 hours in.

IT'S NOT AN ENDURANCE RACE, IT'S A 24 HOUR SPRINT

Whoever qualifies the car has to start the race, so teams can use it for strategy. For example, they may qualify with the lower rated amateur driver to get their minimum drive time finished quicker, or they could put their top rated driver in to try to get a big lead.

F

Baku was better as a track for GTs and touring cars before they made a Tilkedrome.

>get FOX
>gets FS1
>Doesn't get FS2

I'd ask for a henno stream, but fuck him.

WELL DONE BAKU

So glad they took it off the pesky IMSA website and put it on a channel/stream app that literally no one can watch.

It's the fucking best. Oh what's that you aren't a paying goym for a sport? Nope you can't enjoy it. What's that let the fan base enjoy the series for free with no commercials every 5 minutes? Nah that wouldn't make any money

FS2 isn't available on any of the cable packages here, even the sports tier.

>fs2

I have no idea if my cable has it even if it didn't I would not use it. I'd rather shave my balls with a single rusty razor before I let them get my views and support

my.mixtape.moe/jygtrr.webm
so are these new DPi cars allowed to race at Le Mans?

No

Yes they can be ran in the LMP2 field now

No they can't

What's the appeal of autoracing? I've never been able to understand it

it makes you feel like Top Gun.
that and the science of aerodynamics and going fast.

>so are these new DPi cars allowed to race at Le Mans?

Short answer: No.

Long Answer: They're allowed to run at LM24, but they have to conform to LMP2 regs which means running a spec engine, spec body work, and spec electronics -- basically getting rid of everything that makes it a DPi.

reminder that if you root for any team besides Ferrari, you're a cuck

time to find a pirate stream. Hopefully one of the Yuroboos will be nice enough to upload a stream of IMSA TV from their end.

>the meme webm autist is spamming webms again
jfc stop

No they can't. DPi allows for IMSA homologated engines, custom bodywork, and possibly electronics which cannot be used in FIA sanctioned P2 races. An IMSA DPi would have to be fitted with the Gibson V8 engine, stock electronics, and their chassis supplier's stock bodywork in order to race against FIA P2. FIA/ACO is not allowing IMSA to BOP P2 so they have to bop the DPi around them.

Another reason why we should ban the FIA

>Blancpain

>they can run, but need to be a P2
Then they're fucking P2s, not DPis, no need for your long """answer"""

Originally it was implied that DPi cars would be able to run at LM24, but the ACO stepped back from any insinuations. My tinfoil hat makes me think that it's probably the FIA trying to keep LMP1 afloat and keep factory teams out of LMP2.

so how many guest drivers for the rolex 24? hartley and pagenaud? any others?

There's a ton, just like every year
As shame there's no NASCAR guys this year aside from >sneak and the SunEnergy1 AMG

NONASCARGET

It wasn't always like that, though. Prior to last June DPi cars were allowed to compete alongside LMP2 without conforming fully to the FIA P2 regs.

Originally the ACO allowed DPi to compete in 2017 provided they change their body work. Then they said that the electronics package had to be the same spec one as other LMP2 cars. Then last June they banned the IMSA engines all together.

Forgot about Cindric, Grala, and Marks, but they're all shit

Yeah, and that was last June, a whole seven months ago. Ancient times.

Yeah god for bid there be ANY room for teams to make their own car with different engines and shit. Nah let's just make it super fucking regulated for muh safety and muh future car tech meme shit

That's why it's a "long answer," dummy.

>It wasn't always like that, though. Prior to last June DPi cars were allowed to compete alongside LMP2 without conforming fully to the FIA P2 regs.
None of those rules were writ in stone. What does it matter what was planned when we've known the outcome about what DPi/P2 would be now for months.

>What does it matter what was planned when we've known the outcome about what DPi/P2 would be now for months.
Because it has severe implications for the manufacturers that already poured money in the DPi and the teams that adopted them because they were under the assumption that the cars would be eligible at LM24.

FIA/ACO is trash. fuck spec shit

Spec shit is fun but not in multi class racing then it's just retarded

Well at least there'll be TV coverage of the whole race sans those 5 minutes of it that FS2 refuses to air for some reason.

fuarg

fas

Holy Jesus this is gold

From the comment section on NASCAR's facebook post about the Rolex. This dude has been going for nine hours (and still doesn't understand how sports car classes work).

>2013
>Everyone is losing their minds over NASCAR trying to turn P2 into specshit post-merger
>ACO is seen as the savior of prototype racing

>2017
>ACO enforcing specshit in its second-tier catagory across all three series
>IMSA is tthe only top-tier series with interesting prototypes (outside of P2)

Isn't it weird how things shake out?

>IMSA has been telling us for 3 years that live streaming is only available outside the US
>Live in US
>Go to IMSA TV
>Live Stream Works

I don't have any special shit installed to get it to let me do that so I don't know what's up, but I've always been able to watch the live feed on the IMSA website.

If you guys want some good shit, go listen to the episode of Dinner With Racers from season 1 where they talked to Tommy Kendall. He goes into detail about that wreck.

>Was conscious for the entire wreck and aftermath, and remembers every bit of it
>Actually had to help guide the safety workers in getting him out, because they couldn't see his legs and one of his legs was WRAPPED AROUND THE FUCKING STEERING COLUMN

Also TK gives no fucks and that interview was rad as balls.

In turnleft news Joe Nemechek is back racing in the Truck series this year

>My tinfoil hat makes me think that it's probably the FIA trying to keep LMP1 afloat and keep factory teams out of LMP2.
Nothing tinfoil about that, m8. That's pretty much it to a T.

>Marshall Pruett suggested IMSA keep 2016-spec chassis regulations with GT3 engines and let the manufacturers run with that
GOD if only Scott Atherton had anticipated the ACO fucking him, we could have had something even cooler than DPi.

OFFICIAL THREAD THEME MUSIC

youtube.com/watch?v=2_zAxPqKa8Y

sports car racing fans are still mostly terrible

>Waltrip: Daytona 500 will be final NASCAR race
fug :DDD

Memo Gidley also cleared to race again.

he should just sports car race desu

FSN WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY

IMSA fucking put your stream up already god damn it
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

fanschoice.tv/watch-live/imsa/weathertech

Who's hype boys