Why does Sup Forums act like this is an Ed Wood movie? I mean, it's certainly not the greatest movie ever made...

Why does Sup Forums act like this is an Ed Wood movie? I mean, it's certainly not the greatest movie ever made, but the level of vitriol toward it from you people is kind of hilarious.

Sup Forums hates everything

jealous of it's success

Ed Wood movies are more memorable.

Because we love Star Wars, and the people who made this one cared more about subtle progressive signaling than coming up with an original story, building on the legacy of the OT, or creating interesting characters.

Cause its popular and its good
And if Sup Forums sees theres one flaw its automatically shit

Contrarianism.

It's not perfect, but Episode VII is a competently made movie. It's got solid acting, directing and dialogue, and the whole cast has great chemistry with each other. The plot suffers because Disney wanted a reboot of the first movie, but it captured the same space adventure feel that makes people like Star Wars.

Sup Forums hates it because it likes the Prequel Trilogy and mocks the Nolan Batman movies. It likes the shitty DC Expanded Universe movies and thinks the MCU is poorly made. Sup Forums thinks Armond White's opinions are correct, instead of well-written contrarian bullshit.

If you put Sup Forums in a room with a bucket of cash and a bucket of shit, and told it the cash was good and the shit was bad, it would eat the shit and crap in the bucket of cash.

Because it's Sup Forums.

Because too many people praise it far beyond what it deserves. We are the chosen ones to bring balance to the Internet.

It's yet another superficial copy of an old movie that everyone remembers and loves made by people that have no idea what made the original movie work in the first place.

There's literally no difference between this and movies like Ghostbusters and TMNT 2014.

Oh fuck off, there are plenty of reasons to dislike it

i don't hate it, barely care for it really, it was sugary, carbonated mediocrity

it could've been franchise fatigue from the insane amounts of advertising it had, but to me it wasn't more than disney's attempt to make money out of something by reminding you it is star wars

because Star Wars should have stayed finished

It shouldn't have been brought back in 1999 (or 1997) much less decades later

7 just a shitty copy paste of the story elements of a new hope/empire with a bunch of shitty Disney writing and quips thrown in making it repulsive in every possible way.

We should lynch that single person called Sup Forums, he sounds terrible.

That ONE person.

Besides the
HUR HUR ITS TAKES STUFF FROM A NEW HOPE LIKE THE FACT THERES A DROID WITH A PLAN AND A SAND PLANET
ANOTHER DEATHSTAR XDDD
REY IS OVERPOWEREEEDDD
what other autistic memes am i forgetting?

that it's complete dogshit? Terrible characters, rehashed old plot, quirky humor.

Honestly if you liked the movie you should probably just commit suicide.

the plot, directing, and dialogue are atrocious while the acting is only mediocre.

The only people who can possibly defend 7 are the same """""""people"""""" who get legitimately excited for capeshit

>if I use caps lock it means these criticisms aren't legitimate

It stars a woman and a black person

>it captured the same space adventure feel that makes people like Star Wars.
No.
Too much fan pandering. When Han, Leia or any of the classic characters appeared I was expecting the typical clapping from shit comedies when a famous invited actor suddenly appears.

The movie pretended to be star wars while it fed on "nerdy xD" memes. Sure, it had a few good ideas, but it was pretty bad and they didn't get Star Wars right.

>black
>person

kek

You seem pretty upset, dude

Completely wrong.

what pissed me off was that it was literally just a straight remake of a new hope that brought nothing interesting to the table

from the trailers I remember thinking the movie was going to be about two former stormtroopers looking for purpose after the war ended, one of them starts a rebellion mistakenly thinking he's continuing vader's legacy. I was pretty damn disappointed when the plot was just "a new empire has appeared for no reason and they have an EVEN BIGGER death star, you know what to do"

>from the trailers I remember thinking the movie was going to be about two former stormtroopers looking for purpose after the war ended, one of them starts a rebellion mistakenly thinking he's continuing vader's legacy

Where the fuck did you get that.

> The movie pretended to be star wars while it fed on "nerdy xD" memes.

Sweet Jesus I hope you're being ironic. No one is this retarded.

I was expecting the movie to ride on the coattails of the original trilogy to an extent, but I wasn't expecting The Adventures of Han Solo: Attack on Death Star III, guest-starring a couple new characters.

Great points you huge fucking faggots

I read a great article about this movie a while back that summed it up really well.

Force Awakens is a movie about Star Wars. It has no voice of its own and serves only to remind the audience of what it's not. It's a famous song from a cover band.

>There's literally no difference between this and movies like Ghostbusters and TMNT 2014.
I take it you've never seen those movies. I think Larry Kazden has at least SOME idea of what made Star Wars work.

you see that black dude is a former storm trooper trying to reform himself, and you see that new villain is a guy in a mask fetishizing darth vader who is leading some kind of military movement, so I connected the dots in a way other than what it really was.

>The movie pretended to be star wars while it fed on "nerdy xD" memes.
Such as?

I think it was an exceptionally well made toy commercial.

Yes, because that was never part of Star Wars back when Lucas held the reins. What happened to integrity?

You didn't make an argument. You just said you didn't like the movie because it fed on "nerdy xD" memes, which means fuck all.

There are like three explicit callbacks to the first movies. One is a visual gag, and the other two are just "Remember the Death Star? Fuck this" on two separate occasions. If that ruins a movie for you, you're a manchild.

Reddit needs to stop with the bait. If you know anything about a film you know JJ is a shit director. He didn't make a proper star wars film and disney didn't want one either. Its such a piece of shit

Movie was alright until Han appeared. Then it's like they fired the previous writer or something.
>Plot went to hell
>interesting character development went to hell
>evil plans were retarded,
>ultimate weapon was even more retarded, >dude space nazis lmao
>Kylo Ren revealing his identity too fucking soon. Nobody cared who he was until he put on the mask.
>That retarded attack plan.
>The rebel alliance being pure shit after all those years. You'd think they'd have something else than hidden bases at this point. What the fuck has been Leia doing?
>Han loses his son to the sith and becomes a smuggler again. Finds the Aluminum Falcon after all these years just because.
>Nobody recognizes the ship is the Falcon until Han says so. You'd think that gangsta guy would brag about it.
>Luke spitting on their faces and leaving after all those years, pretty much destroying everything Han, Leia and himself fought for
>dude sith are angsty teenagers xDD
>Han's absolutely shitty death with Chewbacca doing the typical "NOOOOOOO" and then finally actually doing something.
>R2's retarded map
>ANH has shit lightsaber battles.
Now don't get me wrong. ANH can get away with it because it was the FIRST one and they didn't have that many resources. I consider Empire the best because even though they didn't use some fancy moves or had a flawless technique it had the theatricality Star Wars requires. Something even the prequels somewhat respected.
As for the music, it didn't sound like John Williams tried either. The music was uninspired, bland, boring and forgettable.
Also it took three fucking movies to see the emperor's face. That creates hype. Snoke was a LotR orc gone sith. I mean what kind of respectable villain fucking calls himself "Snoke"
If you have a name that doesn't make others bow to you as as their leader then at least fucking change it for Darth Sidious or Darth Agnan or whatever the fuck you want.

Finally:
>"Tere has been a The Force Awakens."

>It's got solid acting, directing and dialogue, and the whole cast has great chemistry with each other.
Kys this board is dead.

They did fire the writer and brought in kasdan

Film was so bad

>kys
neck yourself, leafy faggot

let's not forget that scene where C3PO shows up and they have him literally standing in the way of the other characters and not doing anything, like they were self aware of the fact that they were just parading old characters around for absolutely no reason to the detriment of the plot and were making fun of it. Yet despite this self awareness they still did it.

It was like in Funny People when Judd Apatow included a recording of his daughter in a school production of Cats while having a line about what kind of asshole would want to parade around their kid just because they think they're so talented. Apology not accepted, you knew it was wrong but you still did it, telling us you knew it was wrong doesn't change anything.

People like you on this board cannot actual dissect acting and directing and atmosphere and good editing/camera work and such. John Williams has a generic score because he literally couldn't do anything with it until the last scene. Its an ADHD movie

neck yourself, underage leafy faggot

Older or the same age as you you dumb fucking force awakens apologist

Doubt it, leafyfag

I am tho