Why Trump Looks Eerily Familiar to Germans

>But mostly, my audiences were fascinated with Trump because they see him championing and benefiting from the same resentments shared by the conservative populist movements all around them. In Germany, Trump is a figure of curiosity because of his uniquely American qualities; he’s a figure of concern because of his universal ones. “All these countries are electing their own little Trumps,” one prominent American observer of German politics told me. (Most of my sessions, which were organized under a U.S. embassy speaker’s program, were conducted with rules that did not allow direct quotation of the participants.)

>In Poland, Hungary, and Denmark, conservative populist parties have already obtained power. On Monday, Werner Faymann, Austria’s long-time center-left chancellor, abruptly resigned amid rising anxiety within his Social Democratic Party about the growing strength of the country’s nativist Freedom Party. In France, Marine Le Pen of the National Front consistently ranks near the top in polls for next spring’s presidential election. England’s U.K. Independence Party largely fizzled in last year’s parliamentary election, but this nationalist wave is behind the campaign to get Britain to withdraw from the European Union, which will be considered in next month’s national referendum.

>Two factors have insulated Germany from these pressures. One is that it knows, as painfully as any country, that even cracking the door to extremism can end in catastrophe. (A remarkable public exhibit in Berlin tracking Germany’s experience under the Nazi government notes that Hitler’s party never won more than 37 percent in any election before he took power and eradicated all dissent.) More immediately, Germany also faces less economic strain than its neighbors, with unemployment at a 25-year low.

theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/05/atlantic-crossings/482448/

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/13/donald-trump-supporters-bigots-left-demonise
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>brownstein

This is beyond parody

>Ctrl+F Putin
Like clockwork.

>stein

>brownstein

Pure coincidence, goyim.

what would our media do without the Russian scapegoat?
No one else to plame for their problems

>Brownstein
STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP

I come to Sup Forums only to play "spot the semite"

"Many Europeans see Trump..." Yes, a minority of retarded Left voting Europeans who are partly to blame for all the immigration related violence, fraud, theft, sexual abuse and murder against Europeans. Not good people, not humanitarian people, but shit personified.

Not again.

>Trump is literally Hitler!

ad nauseam

I'm starting to think journalists are just adding Jewish surnames to their articles to piss people off.

>England’s U.K. Independence Party largely fizzled

How many millions of votes did they get again?

>Brownstein

lik pottery

>being this scared of the host of The Apprentice

>brownstein

Jesus fucking christ. Every day I see half a dozen new anti-trump articles and 90% of the time it's a fucking jew. I hope someone is cataloguing all these names.

Meanwhile in the fucking Guardian,UKIP sleeper agent John Harris redpills the mases

>Donald Trump supporters are not the bigots the left likes to demonise

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/13/donald-trump-supporters-bigots-left-demonise

Fizzling out now means 4 million votes (12%) in an election that was thought to be very tight coming up to polling day and in a system highly unfavourable to UKIP?

wew

>“All these countries are electing their own little Trumps,” one prominent American observer of German politics told me.

Excellent.

Also, (((Brownstein)))

I grew up in the USSR, gotta say Bernie eerily reminds me of Lenin. Don't vote for him please

>Brownstein

At this rate we'll see his slightly impoverished cousin, Copperberg, writing an article about Trump.

ukip also won the election in a very funny way. Cameron was fully expecting to lose to labour so he made his referendum promise. However ukip butchered labour votes and paired with the SNP Cameron won again, much to his horror. And that was how farage finally got what he wanted

>Why Trump Looks Eerily Familiar to Germans
Maybe because his father was german.

The jew is everywhere

>Drumpf

So the atlantic is another jew paper to avoid?

That's actually true. I legit believe Bernie is a commie revolutionary. He's such a little bitch though. He'll never start the revolution, he'll be too afraid to be called racist.

>(((Brownstein)))

I could have read your text but I jumped to the name of the author.

> Brownstein

everytime.

>christian republicans own the media

wew lad

Trump is a Volksgenosse, that's why he looks familiar. All of us can connect with the rage that he feels, and some of us would drop everything to help President Trump with his vengeful battle against the beaner hordes. OFC the MSM in Germany will never tell you this.

that was asolid read, thanks Kim