Sup Forums EXPLAIN: Eager to accept 1 study on genetic empathy, ignore 25+ years of tranny research?

Yesterday there were multiple threads about a brand new study that found a LINK between empathy and genetics. Why is Sup Forums so eager to accept that single study over a more abstract and quantifiable sensation such as empathy, rather than the possibility of gender identity being a biological thing.

1. There is 25 years of research into sexual dimorphism in the brain.

2. There is 15+ years of research exploring how these dimorphic areas present in tranny brains.

3. There is embyronic and developmental research on intersex children that support this.

4. Things such as higher concordance rate in identical twins is observed, while dizygotic twins have the average rate of the normal population.

Being transgender is a completely natural phenomenon of intersexuality of the brain. If you deny this, you are denying empirical and rational observation from dozens more sources than your precious research on empathy and race.

Being transgender is no more a mental illness than baldness is. It's a physical condition that causes mental issues till treatment.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043071/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Image: Annotated bibliography of 25+ years worth of research. 40+ different articles from different institutes, countries, and independent groups.

So Sup Forums will eagerly believe a single study about genetic empathy but completely ignore than dozens of empirical studies done about trannies that show Sup Forums is wrong?

>tranny research

See: I just posted 40+ research articles. Are you going to continue to ignore that?

ok if you have this natural phenomenon cool, go get yourself treated and make sure you good to go.

unfortunately for you dumb cunt all these people like caitlyn jenner arent born this way and are doing it because of mental illness.

Transsexuals: the mental illness

yes

I'm not a tranny. Just a skeptical libertarian that likes to examine both sides of the argument before taking a stance.

I agree with you though, there are definitely some nut cases that transition (Jenner etc). That doesn't mean we should treat those actual trannies worse because of people in their community.

It's essentially the exact same thing SJW do to Sup Forums.. "There was some nazi post on Sup Forums, all Sup Forumsacks are nazis. All TRump supporters are nazi"

It's the same failed logic but you just feel justified in applying it to transgender people.

Okay, so what about it?
Gender dysphoria is still a mental illness.

Which is a product of the physical condition of having brain intersexuality.

That's like saying depression from male pattern baldness makes balding a mental illness. No, baldness comes with mental illness.

>Someone gets a limb cut off from gangrene

>Person sinks into a deep depression and kills themself.

Would you call losing a limb a mental illness? No.. It's a physical condition that weighs heavily on a person and often makes them depressed/mentally ill.

Same with trannies.

Not all trannies have dysphoria.

Yes, yes, and I am quite sure that being a gay isn't a pederasty and absolutely normal. And traditional family values, race, gender is just a social construct that we should destroy.
Together with degeneracy!
Oh, I forgot, it isn't degeneracy. It is diversity.
Together with diversity then!

So you even further prove my point. Not all white men that bald sink into depression. A lot do. It doesn't mean the physical illness IS a mental disorder though. It creates a scenario in a persons life where they are likely to become mentally ill due to the problems their physical condition creates.

Depression is a mental illness ya' dingus, wether brought on by insecurities or not, doesn't mean we hand those people a gun to off themselves with

Except that still ends with them being treated as what they were born as just damaged m8

either way you wont get what we all know your looking for.

Schizophrenia is genetic, as well.

It's still a mental-illness.

You think being gay has something to do with pedophilia? LOL.

>pederasty and absolutely normal.

Pederasty occurs between a developed, mature adult and a child incapable of consent. Someone is actively harmed.

You are the epitome if knee-jerk reaction. You just compared hurting an innocent child to a consenting adult living their life how they want and not hurting anyone.

But schizophrenia actually makes the brain behave differently than it would at baseline. Tranny brains don't behave differently at all. They operate at the correct baseline, just with different sexually dimorphic points.

Well... I mean they kind of are born damaged and the most effective treatment we have now is transition:

>Heylans et al., 2014: "A difference in SCL-90 [a test of distress, anxiety, and hostility] overall psychoneurotic distress was observed at the different points of assessments (P = 0.003), with the most prominent decrease occurring after the initiation of hormone therapy (P < 0.001)...Furthermore, the SCL-90 scores resembled those of a general population after hormone therapy was initiated."

>Colizzi et al., 2013: "At enrollment, transsexuals reported elevated CAR ['cortisol awakening response', a physiological measure of stress]; their values were out of normal. They expressed higher perceived stress and more attachment insecurity, with respect to normative sample data. When treated with hormone therapy [at followup, 1 year after beginning HRT], transsexuals reported significantly lower CAR (P < 0.001), falling within the normal range for cortisol levels. Treated transsexuals showed also lower perceived stress (P < 0.001), with levels similar to normative samples."

>Gomez-Gil et al., 2012: "SADS, HAD-A, and HAD-Depression (HAD-D) mean scores [these are tests of depression and anxiety] were significantly higher among patients who had not begun cross-sex hormonal treatment compared with patients in hormonal treatment (F=4.362, p=.038; F=14.589, p=.001; F=9.523, p=.002 respectively). Similarly, current symptoms of anxiety and depression were present in a significantly higher percentage of untreated patients than in treated patients (61% vs. 33% and 31% vs. 8% respectively)."

>de Vries, et al., 2014 studied 55 trans teens from the onset of treatment in their early teenage years through a follow-up an average of 7 years later. They found no negative outcomes, no regrets, and in fact their group was slightly mentally healthier than controls.

Go back to your containment board, degenerate.

No m8 its not effective as it raised the suicide rate.

The most effective method for schizophrenics is not to play along no matte how innocent their fantasy

Yes but we operate with two baselines(XX,XY) and filter them accordingly, so that statement is incorrect, dimorphism of the brain in any way what so ever is just a chemically imbalanced brain.

So you're irreperable and -should- just be gassed?

Well thanks Trans*!!

I think the general consensus on Sup Forums is that there is a really tiny minority of legit transsexuals that needs help and causes no problems, but that wields disproportionate political power by turning a medical problem into a matter of identity politics and we vs. them thinking, pushes to be seen as normal whereas others would rather see it as an exception to the well-functioning nucleus family, and caused a wave of just generally depressed people to cling on to the newest faux-identity that they can just wear like clothes to get support and a sense of community.

So instead of 0.02% of legit transsexuals who ask for medication you get 5% of my-little-pony lovers who mix trans and crossdressing and being "traps", who push for disproportionate representation, who cause 10 year olds to be indoctrinated with dangerous ideas, etc. etc.

The second point would be that most of your research is a) often ignored when it doesn't fit liberals (e.g. sexually dimorphic brains), b) is misinterpreted or abused. We essentially don't know a lot about the brain despite all those studies so every extreme consequence taken from the research should be met skeptically, e.g. cutting up 10 year olds just because we find a slightly elevated level of allegedly-female brain activity.

It reminds me of the people thinking "they found testosterone in her body, that's a male hormon, she must be transsexual".

But if you say the physical transgender brain causes dysphoria, and the physical brain is what makes someone dysphoric, then you can say being transgender = mental illness

The problem is though people have "brain intersexuality" or the better put: a bit more feminine or masculine brain than average and even are physically intersex or look more feminine or masculine than average yet they don't have dysphoria. They live their daily lives and some do live as the opposite gender because it's more convenient.

Sup Forumss main contention is that there are a shitload of people who claim to be "trans" but don't have significantly different brain morphology at all.

>tranny brains
KEK

>You think being gay has something to do with pedophilia? LOL.
If you didn't know, before this word used as a common name for all abnormal relations between males. But some liberal "scientists" changed it.

>not hurting anyone
They hurt themselves. They are mentally ill people. Absolutely sane person can't want to fuck another person with the same gender.

Having a feminine and masculine brain require you to fail gender stereotypes for a better mental health does not compute and is in direct conflict with the idea gender norms are reinforced social constructs

in essence one side of liberalism says having a masculine brain and feminine brain should be minute and not result in a different outward appears or behavior while the other says fuck that specifically for tyranny's

to fufill*

There is not an increased suicide rate post-transition. If you believe this, you believe in unsubstantiated propaganda.

The study that people cite for elevated suicide rates post-transition is Dhejne et al. Her research has been done in chunks of 10~ years. She has done three of them. Let's look at what they say:

1973-1989: elevated suicide rates
1989-2001: suicide rates in line with normal population
2001-2010: A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejne’s work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions.

Literally what you claim is factually incorrect. Transition empirically helps those that do it.

Here is the researcher herself, speaking out against the misrepresentations of her research:

>Yes! It’s very frustrating! I’ve even seen professors use my work to support ridiculous claims. I’ve often had to respond myself by commenting on articles, speaking with journalists, and talking about this problem at conferences.

>People who misuse the study always omit the fact that the study clearly states that it is not an evaluation of gender dysphoria treatment. If we look at the literature, we find that several recent studies conclude that WPATH Standards of Care compliant treatment decrease gender dysphoria and improves mental health.
-Djehne

Tldr.
You should not have to LOOK like a women jus because you have a feminine brain or that means gender norms are real and need to be respected

>Being transgender is a completely natural phenomenon of intersexuality of the brain. If you deny this, you are denying empirical and rational observation from dozens more sources than your precious research on empathy and race.

Sup Forums is anti-science, along with the rest of the neoreactionary crowd. why would you think this would matter to the children here? every argument is just

>muh feelings

because that's how babbies "argue".

>A study about spooks to justify a spook

Sorry m8 I wont let you strawman that hard

The overall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 1.8–4.3) than for controls of the same birth sex, particularly death from suicide (aHR 19.1; 95% CI 5.8–62.9). Sex-reassigned persons also had an increased risk for suicide attempts (aHR 4.9; 95% CI 2.9–8.5) and psychiatric inpatient care (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 2.0–3.9). Comparisons with controls matched on reassigned sex yielded similar results. Female-to-males, but not male-to-females, had a higher risk for criminal convictions than their respective birth sex controls.

cont,
Conclusions

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group

Something like baldness that manifests physically is incomparable to something like "b-but my brain hidden away in my male skull is maybe possibly female even though scientific studies show that there's no physical difference between a male and female brain".

It's quite obvious you're not an "objective libertarian." You have an agenda. You've been posting pro-tranny shit on Sup Forums along with pictures of attractive biological females to condition people to associate trannies with attractive females for days now. I could play the same game as you and include some picture of a horrendous-looking tranny with my post - believe me, there are plenty of them to choose from - but not all of us need to use underhanded, psychologically manipulative methods to achieve our objectives.

Just fuck off with this, "I'm so innocent and non-biased" bullshit. If you want to argue that trannies are more than mentally ill, at least fucking own it and outright debate it instead of being a passive-aggressive dickhead.

Are you fucking brain dead? That was the result for the data cohort between 1973-1989.

Further, this research only looks at Genital surgery which only 20% of the MtF population get 2-10% of the FtM.

1. This is a tiny sample of the tranny population.
2. The numbers you just gave me are from 1/3rd of the research.
3. The newest data shows: A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejne’s work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions.

So you are citing 1/3rd of the sample of 20% of trannies 25 years ago.

Maybe you should think about how much worse the surgery was back then, how much more expensive it was, how much more anti-transgender sentiment in the Western culture there was, etc.

The reality shows since 1989 there has been a massive incnrease in the success of GRS for those who seek to get it (still only 20-30%).

Literally misrepresenting the study you fucking cuck. Learn to read the whole study.

>massive increase in the success of GRS =/= patients mental stability

SOrry m8 I just showed you conflicting science your simply not accepting it.

theree is no OBJECTIVE way to say transitioning is a the most effective treatment.

it would be the same if I said I hear voiced In my head and everyone played along with me that it was real and as long as I didn't hurt anyone or myself you would say me being happier after is a sign of effective treatment,

as well
seetrannys should not have to change anything about themselves

>I mean they kind of are born damaged

How are they born damaged?

That is literally the quote from the website under conclusions m8

> But dat gender iz social construct comrade.

I see you ignored my post and instead chose to spend your time insulting others with great arguments like "you fucking cuck".

People like you just make me sad. All this time spent on creating the illusion of being scientific and just wanting to argue rationally and see things from both sides etc. etc. but in the end there's less substance than if I'd just engage with some redneck who at least doesn't hide his ideology in lengthy ramblings.

That's cultural appropriation mate you should fuck off aye cunt.

being on Sup Forums outside of Sup Forums is cultural appropriation m8

Posting memes is cultural appropriation m8

It's a physical condition that affects the mind.
Sounds like mental illness to me.

I'm sorry that wanting to slice your ballsack and invert your penis is something a normal person would not do.

Your gf is culturally appropriating tyreese's special sauce mate, might want to check into it.

I am black.

...In a photo negative, maybe

kek

SOUR
AS
FUCK

hows my peoples dick taste on your mothers mouth?

why are you trying to justify mental illness? why must you be a special snowflake? can't you just be normal?
'b-but I feel like a woman' fuck off. you're a man, embrace your masculinity.

>you would say me being happier after is a sign of effective treatment

Dude are you retarded? If it's incurable of course that would be considered effective treatment. People being happy, not hurting themselves or anyone else, there is literally no better outcome bar an actual cure.

Dunno she doesn't often eat feaces, more of a caramel slice person.

There is no way ànyone from Sup Forums took the time to type such an elaborate ruse

>>>/Reddit/
>>>/tumblr/

>theree is no OBJECTIVE way to say transitioning is a the most effective treatment.

Not to mention that you say this, and then literally spell out objective measures of efficacy... in the form of non-violence and happiness.

5. There is no citation of any of these would be studies in my post
Fixed this for you

Or you know, maybe you could research how it affects the brain and develop proper treatments, that's like telling a cancer patient that you can't be fucked amping full of radiation and not to shot anyone on their way out.

The answer to any question like this is that Sup Forums is comprised of literal retards

don't be a faggot, none of us are literary

I fully accept that gender identity is a biological phenomenon. How could it not be?
Remember that while Sup Forums is a great place for honest and open discourse, there's still a plague of "muh redpill muh degeneracy" sheep who just follow the crowd.

>depression from male pattern baldness

That analogy is a nonsequitor to this argument

Allowing someone to remain afflicted is not treatment by definition m8

hence we don't and no one advocated we tell schizos the voices are real even if they are innocent

>Literally a Non-argument original post without any citation to the mentioned studies
>Sup Forums is retarded heh my comfirmation bias wins again hehe
We're being invaded by fucking cucks

No m8 because I showed you sciences showing it does not objectively and consistently result in happiness and non violence.

you just said nu huh and showed a conflicting piece of evidence.

you really bad this m8
I like how you ignore

Citations are here Thanks for proving my point

SO you accept women and also men have characteristics that make them not equal in certaom fields due to biology and you would have to admit our society is not set up to respect theses differences and In fact are moving farther and farther away from them..

Except this link is conflicting science notice it is from the same place due to the formatting.

Results

The overall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 1.8–4.3) than for controls of the same birth sex, particularly death from suicide (aHR 19.1; 95% CI 5.8–62.9). Sex-reassigned persons also had an increased risk for suicide attempts (aHR 4.9; 95% CI 2.9–8.5) and psychiatric inpatient care (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 2.0–3.9). Comparisons with controls matched on reassigned sex yielded similar results. Female-to-males, but not male-to-females, had a higher risk for criminal convictions than their respective birth sex controls.

Conclusions

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

and it has over 40 links as well.

having the urge to gouge out your eyes from time to time is also normal and natural
to do it is retarded

Oh of fucking course just look at the Brain and research, like y'know all those other mental illnesses we cured with our extensive knowledge of brain functions. Oh wait no actually no I was being sarcastic no we haven't cured fuck all.

It's more like smiling at a spastic and telling him he's a big space man, he don't fucking know better so who gives a shit

Ignorant nigger. I gave over 45+ peer reviewed citations.

Right.. I'm not saying there isn't evelated mortality in some of the data. But their research has gone on for 35 years and there is only elevated mortality in the first 12 years.

You didn't read the study. You didn't read the followups. You are an ignorant cuck.

LOL. Massive increase. The sample sizes are basically the same but the regret rate has plummeted as the surgery gets better and society is more tolerant.

>Ignoring the research

You didn't show me anything conflicting. The Dhejne research over 35 years actually supports transition as an effective treatment. It just illustrated that for a 12-15 year period while SRS was new, it was not successful. Much of this can be traced back to conditions transgender people live in:

-Social discrimination
-Legal discrimination
-Workplace discrimination

But yeah, kek! Let's just look at a tiny fraction of a thorough study and only conclude results from the part that fits what you want.

The god damn researcher HERSELF spoke out about what you are trying to do with her research. That research as a whole, shows SRS to be effective.

Except when its used to make laws and enforce actual social change that involves us playing along to the highest degree such as the bathroom nonsense we are dealing with now.

>I showed you sciences
Shut the fuck up you literal spastic

Then post them, 63% negroid friend

The studies you linked deal with the psychological effects trans gendered people deal with after sex reassignment while OPs deals with the causes of a person becoming trans gendered. Not conflicting.

Unless I'm missing something?

I posted a link from your same source that concluced the articl with no updates and cites over 40 links m8

your done I don't have to prove shit besides there is no objective agreement on the treatment and weather or not it is effective or even the most effective.

again you see and admit conflicting evidence and straw man it when it simply shows there is no objective agreement.

But then the second post I literally dropped 35+ research articles with sources and annotations.

>SO you accept women and also men have characteristics that make them not equal in certaom fields due to biology and you would have to admit our society is not set up to respect theses differences and In fact are moving farther and farther away from them..
Yes, absolutely. Any fool can see from a cursory glance at men and women that they are biologically distinct.
Our societies used to respect these differences. Now they simply claim they don't exist. Hopefully it will all come to a head when shit like the draft gets implemented for women and people start to realise "hold on, this is a job for men"

One article for 15 years of study
Deliberate omission of the the downsides of transexual livestyles
Scientifically skewed citations
Confirmation bias man strikes again

Few people would deny that there is a biological component to trannies. What people are actually saying is that the biological component varies from person to person and that a man with a brain that has some female traits isn't a woman, but a man with a fucked up brain.
A man with a sexually dimorphic brain doesn't have a brain that is 100% female. He has a brain that has components of both sexes, and that's been bombarded with male hormones for his entire life. To what extent the brain is male or female varies. But that person will never really be a woman.

The problem most people have with the whole thing is that we're expected to automatically accept that every man who thinks he is a woman actually is a woman (and vice versa). We're not allowed to discuss it or disagree with it, despite the fact that the lefties themselves claim that gender is a social construct.
I believe that the whole issue would be far more acceptable if we were allowed to have an open discussion about it, rather than giving in to the absolutely insane bullshit that comes out of the LGBT community, with their thousands of insane gender and sexuality combinations. Regardless or what you think about sexual dimorphism, there's absolutely no doubt that the political agenda and the identity politics behind the LGBT movement have no basis in reality, yet we're called bigots if we disagree with it. That's where the issue lies.

There fanatics should try to show some humility and be informative, and stop whining about minor issues like pronouns and bizarre identitiy politics.

I already posted them as an img: Berglund "Berglund, H. et al. “Male-to-Female Transsexuals Show Sex-Atypical Hypothalamus Activation When Smelling Odorous Steroids". A positron emission tomography (PET) study showed that smelling androgens (male pheromones) caused transwomen to respond in the hypothalamus region of their brain in a manner similar to XX karyotype women. However, smelling estrogen-based pheromones also caused them to respond in the hypothalamus region in a manner similar to XY karyotype men. This combination of results suggests that transwomen occupy an “intermediate position with predominantly female features” in the way the hypothalamus reacted

Yokota, Y. et al “Callosal Shapes at the Midsagittal Plane: MRI Differences of Normal Males, Normal Females, and GID”. An MRI study of 22 transwomen and 28 transmen examined the shape of the corpus callosum in the brain at a specific cross-sectional plane, and compared this shape with that observed in 211 XY karyotype males and 211 XX karyotype females. Their results demonstrated that not only could the sex of the patient be determined with 74% accuracy from the MRI picture, but the shapes of the brains in the transsexuals strongly reflected their gender, and not their biological sex

Zubiaurre “Cortical Thickness in Untreated Transsexuals”. A 2012 study examined cortical thickness in the brain between 29 XY karyotype males, 23 XX karyotype females, 24 transmen, and 18 transwomen. None of the transsexual subjects had received any hormone treatment prior to the study. Using an MRI, the researchers found that the transwomen had more cortical thickness than the XY males in three regions of the brain. The transmen showed evidence of masculinization of their grey matter. In all transsexuals studied, the key differences from their biological sex were found in the right hemisphere. On a graph, transpeople statistically fell in the middle between the XX and XY kary.

No m8 the discussion turned to it being the most effective treatment I said suicides rate rises and showed objective studies showing this so its conflicting science to his point m8 follow along

Boston University Medical Center. "Transgender: Evidence on the biological nature of gender identity." The researchers conducted a literature search and reviewed articles that showed positive biologic bases for gender identity. These included disorders of sexual development, such as penile agenesis, neuroanatomical differences, such as grey and white matter studies, and steroid hormone genetics, such as genes associated with sex hormone receptors. They conclude that current data suggests a biological etiology for transgender identity.

Bao, Hahn, Kranz, Kaufmann "Structural Connectivity Networks of Transgender People". 94 subjects, 23 FtM, 21 MtF, 25 cisFemale, 25 cisMale: average age 26. Transsexual subjects did not fulfill criteria for current comorbidities but 9 reported history of depression (n = 2), specific phobias (n = 3), obsessive compulsive disorder (n = 1), anorexia nervosa (n = 2), and substance abuse (n = 4). All patients reported subjective feelings to belong to the other gender before or at puberty. Investigating structural networks in female-to-male and male-to-female transsexuals, we observed differences in hemispheric and lobar connectivity as well as local efficiencies when compared with healthy controls.

Burke "Hypothalamic response to the chemo-signal androstadienone in gender dysphoric children and adolescents". Androstadienone, a particularly fragrant chemosignal responsible for sex-based differences in hypothalamic microstructure; children with gender dysphoria were observed to express differences in hypothalamic activation in accordance with identified gender, rather than assigned gender.

We ain't talking about the laws on bathrooms, we're talking about letting trannies reassign if they want to, and how it's the best they can hope for and how it objectively works.

The bathroom shit, nice moving of goalposts, that's all just bullshit. It should be up to the establishment's owner. He is afterall the fucking owner, he can do what he likes

Gooren "The biology of human psychosexual differentiation." Meta-analysis of sex-steroid production and prenatal androgen exposure in transgender people.

Swaab "Sexual differentiation of the human brain: relevance for gender identity, transsexualism, and sexual orientation." Analysis of prenatal androgen exposure similar to Gooren, but notes that neurological testosterone availability in MtF trans people is deficient, causing transgenderism or non-heterosexualism.

Garcia-Falgueras "A sex difference in the hypothalamic uncinate nucleus: relationship to gender identity." The structure of the anterior hypothalamus plays a strong role in the development of transgenderism; INAH3 volume in transwomen resembles ciswomen, and INAH3 volume in transmen resembles cismen.

Luders "Regional gray matter variation in male-to-female transsexualism." MtF transgender people were analyzed by fMRI; gray matter variation throughout the brain more closely resembled the layout of a cisfeminine brain, rather than that of a cismasculine brain, implying gender identity depends on cerebral layout.

Rametti "White matter microstructure in female to male transsexuals before cross-sex hormonal treatment. A diffusion tensor imaging study." By diffusion-tensor-imaging MRI and fractional anisotropy analysis of various transgender and cisgender people, FtM transgender people more closely resembled a masculine-structured brain than a feminine- structured brain, noted by the study in the structures of the right superior longitudinal fasciculus, the foreceps minor, and the corticospinal tract. White matter microstructure therefore plays a role in gender identity.

This sounds pretty spot on - I imagine no small part of this is the realisation that no, you didn't change gender, you just had your dick chopped off and replaced with a hole that vaguely resembled female anatomy.
Funnily enough South Park said it best:
"No, I didn't actually make him black, I just made him look more like a black person"

Yes I posted a link to the same source directly addressing suicides m8 which contains over 40 links

sorry m8 follow along.

Baldness is a mental problem.
There is literally nothing wrong with balding, but people get extremely pained over it, and undergo all manner of surgical treatment to fight something that isn't unhealthy and doesn't effect them adversely.
Baldness is an issue of vanity, not an issue of hairloss, they're just more worried about how other people look at them than their own sanity and dignity.

Based Not-Denmark telling it like it is.

it does not objectively work the science is conflicted and still out
Results

Conclusions

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

You specifically posted a research article in which the researcher herself has spoken out about your interpretation.

The long term follow up of her research actually shows the OPPOSITE of what it did in 1989 (the study you cited).

Further I posted many other objective studies about health improvements via transition: Here's more.

>Lawrence, 2003 surveyed post-op trans folk: "Participants reported overwhelmingly that they were happy with their SRS results and that SRS had greatly improved the quality of their lives. None reported outright regret and only a few expressed even occasional regret."

>Unlike the previous links, it's not peer-reviewed, but the large sample size provides some corroboration of the above results. In particular, we have: (Page 15): "Stage of transition had a substantial impact upon life satisfaction within the sample. 70% of the participants stated that they were more satisfied with their lives since transition, compared to 2% who were less satisfied (N=671)" (Page 50): " Most participants who had transitioned felt that their mental health was better after doing so (74%), compared to only 5% who felt it was worse (N=353)." (Page 55): "For participants who had transitioned, this had led to changes in their self-harming. 63% felt that they harmed themselves more before they transitioned, with only 3% harming themselves more after transition (N=206)." (Page 59): "Suicidal ideation and actual attempts reduced after transition, with 63% thinking about or attempting suicide more before they transitioned and only 3% thinking about or attempting suicide more post-transition. 7% found that this increased during transition, which has implications for the support provided to those undergoing these processes (N=316)."

Transsexualism (ICD-10),[1] or gender identity disorder (DSM-IV),[2] is a condition in which a person's gender identity - the sense of being a man or a woman - contradicts his or her bodily sex characteristics. The individual experiences gender dysphoria and desires to live and be accepted as a member of the opposite sex.

The treatment for transsexualism includes removal of body hair, vocal training, and cross-sex hormonal treatment aimed at making the person's body as congruent with the opposite sex as possible to alleviate the gender dysphoria. Sex reassignment also involves the surgical removal of body parts to make external sexual characteristics resemble those of the opposite sex, so called sex reassignment/confirmation surgery (SRS). This is a unique intervention not only in psychiatry but in all of medicine. The present form of sex reassignment has been practised for more than half a century and is the internationally recognized treatment to ease gender dysphoria in transsexual persons.[3], [4]

So a male is still a male and a female is still a female, no matter the hormones chromosomes don't lie

I've said this multiple times you fucking ignorant sack of shit.

That research is split into 3 parts.

1973-1989,
1989-2001,
2001-2010.

Only in the first cohort of data was there elevated suicide rate. The rest of the data cohorts showed baseline rates comparable or below the population.

Actually fucking READ the study you ignorant sand nigger. Here is what the newest data set showed:

>The newest data shows: A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejne’s work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions.

NO M8 my link deals with a separate topic and shows concise evidence and links to over 40 supporting sources.

your done or you will post the quote form MY article.
in the end the science is obviously conflicted.