Does choosing to believe in Atheism actually increase your intelligence level?

Does choosing to believe in Atheism actually increase your intelligence level?

Other urls found in this thread:

ditext.com/mackie/evil.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no.

Jesus is the most intelligent man in the universe.

It's actually the reverse. Atheism is actually a religion unto itself. The most autistic religion there is.

no but neither does anything besides learning stuff like reading books n shit.

No, But more often smarter people tend to turn to atheism because they're more apt to question the teachings instead of blindly accepting what's presented to them.

>Asks if atheism makes you smart
>Has a picture of Richard Dawkins
wat

We don't know, religious fucks can't give us a straight answer even though they are more against the gays thann Sup Forums

atheists are morons who think they clever/smart when in fact they are less intelligent than everyone else

No, you have the cause and effect backwards. Having a higher intelligence level just makes it more likely that you'll be an atheist.

One does not simply believe in atheism.

>choosing to believe in atheism
>implying it's a choice

You 'tarded. Atheism literally means without religion

>choosing
No

No.
What it should do is make you more of a critical thinker, be more rational, logical and skeptical. That will make you more intelligent.

Believing without any proof almost seems like it goes against evolution.

Well yes, because your mind has accepted that there is no higher power and that there is scientific reasons for things.

Rather than....

Oh hey God made flowers, and the sky, and the clouds, and the sun, and the moon.

People religiously into their faiths, will dismiss anything scientific and will sit and be told what to believe, and that is not intelligence, that is just being a sheep, an American.

A small test, does this picture hurt your eyes because of scientific reasons or because of God? If God then why is he hurting your eyes?

You are painfully unfunny OP.

Atheism philosophy is just as retarded as any religion. they all pretend they know the truth, without any shred of evidence.

No they don't. But you do.

Except atheism is the one true religion.

Choosing to believe in it does not. However, those with higher "Intelligence levels" may choose to be atheist more than those with lower levels, hence the correlation.

Richard Dawkins has the gayest fucking voice

It's more along the lines of being smart lets you easily understand they there is not a wizard in the sky watching you.

That's not to say there are no paranormal or spiritual things out there to figure out and discover, but sky wizard is most definitely not one of them.

>Atheism closes the mind to the corruption or religion
>Agnosticism opens it back up to the truth.

yes they do, religion base their truth on faith and old stories they say are holy, atheists say that their is no god, and nothing afer death, period. fuck you're dumb. i like how you imply what i might be thinking, but again you are wrong.

>choosing beliefs
If evidence doesn't govern your beliefs you're doing it wrong.

The euphoria and fedora from this post is off the charts!

What evidence is there that there is no God? I'm really interested to know.

Bald is not a hair color.
"Off" is not a TV channel.
Not having any hobbies is not considered a hobby in itself.
Atheism is a lack of religion.
Are you trying to be this retarded?

Why do you Americans always assume so much. Are you unable to think for yourselves that other scenarios are likely to happen?

"But but but you do not think like me, so you must be something I hate, because religious logic"

What evidence is there that there is a God?

>tips fedora

both right, you guys should fuck.

I'm not saying there is. There is none. There is no evidence that God exists and no evidence that he doesn't exist. Hence why I am Agnostic. \

Atheist's don't usually make truth claims. They accept observable demonstrable facts, sure, but mostly atheism is simply a rejection of the theistic claim. Theists claim "there is a god" to which atheists say "OK, proof?" And when theists fail to provide sufficient proof for their claim, the atheist rejects said claim. It's really very simple. What you are describing is actually the straw man version of atheism that theists present to make it easier for them to dismiss. Like with their other claims, it does not match up with reality, and is therefore useless.

SSDD

People saying their God is the one true God, Jehova was never the first God that was worshipped, dozens of religions before Christianity appeared before it did.

So somehow theirs is the real one. Because window licker logic.

While they cry out "Prove there is no God" like it is some sort of instant win, but they forget that like I said other Religions existed before theirs, so ask them the same question "Prove there was no other Gods before yours."

They can't. And then they will get upset, salty and angry. Because their own logic has defeated them.

No. It doesn't.
"atheism" is simply not believing in storybook lies.

it's how we would all be, left to learn and grow without outside influence.

having a religion, is like taking a normal person, and getting them to believe a certain amount of incorrect information. Lies.
(depending on the specific religion)

Even this 'belief', by itself doesn't make you less intelligent, or more intelligent...
however it does set a grounds for gullibility.

If a person can believe one giant lie, without question...
they are likely to believe other lies, easily.

Hence suicide bombers, etc.

Thanks for asking.

Exactly the same amount as there is disproving dragons, santa claus, and women on the internet.

Please provide proof there is no God. Otherwise, logically it makes more sense to believe. Why needlessly go to hell. Just to be edgy? Have fun in eternal torment.

the ones who speak out do. and they can eat dicks as much as the other holy retards.

I started believing in atheism, but now I don't believe in anything anymore.

can't prove there is a god, so, asks others to prove their is none, then decides what logic dictates.. logic is based only on facts... not belief... retard.

"Choosing to believe"

Obvious troll is obvious.

Don't tell me what to do faggot.
If you want to tell me something exists produce the evidence. Untill then you are automatically wrong.

Are you saying we don't have a choice to believe in what we choose to believe? lolwut?

You have a choice, retard. Using choice

I never claimed that there is no god. If you are claiming that there is a god then the burden of proof lies on you to demonstrate your claim. Something that is true doesn't require belief, it simply requires evidence. Here's the thing: I **want** to believe. So you have a willing attentive audience. All you have to do is provide me an adequate reason to believe. And no, appealing to Pascal's Wager doesn't work. Which hell? How do we go about figuring out which god of the 5,000 that have been worshipped throughout history we need to appease? What if it's one we don't know about? You probably aren't concerned about the eternal damnation awaiting you from the thousands of other religions out there, so you can excuse me for not being concerned about yours.

Your choices are simple. Believe or face damnation.

you don't have the facts to say he's automatically wrong, its simply unproven. don't be an automatic retard...

I ate mushrooms everyday for the past 4 months slowly increasing in doses up to 10g ended up admitting to wife I was masterbating/attempting to cheat and failing because im a low self esteem motherfuck because "I had to get right with God" now divorced. Hahahahaha.

Believe who? Which God? Face damnation of which religion?

But they don't, Atheists that aren't just pretentious fedoras don't say that.
They do not say it is absolutely true. They say that nothing can prove or disprove god, but everything that we know, and the scientific method all say that a god is extremely improbable.

Athiests are actually against anyone saying they know the absolute truth.

Get a little knowledge in ya sometime, champ.

There is only one true God, his son, and the Holy Ghost.

Maybe research it then. To find your "true" story actually is based off an older, different story.

Bill Cosby ?

Religion is a simple tool made by people to explain death and not to be fearful of it, because some sort of afterlife where you can forever be happy.

Problem is it is all a lie, and a method to control the masses. Groups of misused Religions over the centuries to kill and harass.

And it all started with a caveman lighting fire from a stone and dry grass, they worshipped the fire as a God and thought it came from the Sun God. Because they didn't know the science behind it.

Hence why religions over the years had mostly a Sun God as their main Deity.

Now consider that Christianity would burn scientists at the stake and even their own, for looking into Sciences that were seen as evil. But of course today they accept science.

So why not accept science back then? Because they were in control of the masses with fear. Now people are not scared of the churches and religions and question them, so they gave in and accepted Science.

So yeah that is all it is, a method to calm the fears of people dying and that somehow they will meet up with all their loved ones. And of course to control people in how they act and think.

Odd, I've been reading blogs, listening to podcasts, and watching videos by pretty much all the prominent outspoken atheists for almost a decade now...and they are all pretty much consistent that they don't make a claim. They don't say "god does not exist" or "there is no god". They do say "provide evidence for your god", sure, but again the only time I've seen any reference to atheists making claims it's always by misinformed theists trying to create strawmen. I guess when you start realizing the facts are against you and logic is just too hard, it's easier to just misrepresent your opponent and attack that. Whatever makes them feel better, I guess.

i'm sorry if i offended your hat.

Why must you insist on being so edgy? Eurofag?

It only makes me miserable from time to time

ive listened to plenty too, and they claimed otherwise, saying there is no god. all attention whores

No but it makes your dick 8 inches. checkmate christians

He is correct, Christianity is based from Judaism, just as Islam is based on Christianity.

Im literally just giving you a thought you probably didn't have, in an attempt to look it up even if just to prove me wrong

OK and how did you come to choose these three particular gods, out of the thousands that have been worshiped throughout history? Aren't you worried about the eternal damnation you'll face from Allah, or the Greek gods, or El Elyon, etc, if they should happen to be true? Isn't that safer to just believe in them, instead of risking eternal torment?

What difference does that make? The Jews are God's chosen people.

Yes because you'd be correct. But you can't just choose what you believe, you have to look at evidence and decide what's the case.

The quality of response i expected.

wrong, only the Pastafarianists are the chosen people.

i admire your faith

Hey Christianfags prove that The Force is not a legitimate religion.

I await your answer.

You're making pascal's wager: basically, that if God does not exist and you believe in him anyway then nothing bad happens to you, but if he does exist and you don't believe in him you suffer.

The problem is that any god would know you are simply making this wager and you would not be rewarded. Also, if god does exist he probably wont send you to hell just for being an atheist if you were a good person in life.

*Tips Fedora

>Please provide proof there is no God.

Here you go:

ditext.com/mackie/evil.html

burdenof.proof

>Atheism is actually a religion

I always laugh when you theists do that. When you try to insult atheism by calling it a religion, you are insulting yourself as well.

ITT
Atheists who can't prove anything and losing their shit about it.

have you read the thread?

>choosing to believe
>believe in atheism

No, it simply avoids one particularly foolish delusion and the attendant damage to critical thinking skills.

But posing questions as you do, you're gonna need a lot more help before they let you operate the Fryolator by yourself, OP.

And I would even take this further - the idea that if you believe and are wrong, you have lost nothing. What if Allah was the true god? Or El Elyon? Or the gods of the Aztecs, the Egyptians, the Romans? Or what if it's some god or gods we know nothing about, that you ignored in your worship of the false god of the Israelites? Basically, in appealing to belief "just in case", you're actually just making an arbitrary choice of which god to stake your bet on - and you're still risking the hellfire of every other religion that has ever existed. And even if there are no gods or afterlife, you haven't "lost nothing". You've actually wasted the most precious thing any of us ever will receive, and can never get back - life - pursuing a lie. And worse, depending on how religious you were in life, you likely caused others to waste their lives as well, perpetuating this vicious cycle of waste all in the hopes of something better after you die.

Believing in Christianity is like.....

That nigger couldn't even read and write

it's still a commitment to a belief that can't be empirically proven

>Atheism is actually a religion unto itself

How does this work, exactly? What makes atheism a religion?

>Life and matter magically come from nothing

>it's still a commitment to a belief that can't be empirically proven

Do you believe I'm God? If you say no, is that characteristic of some user-isn't-God religion you've adopted?

KEK
Seriously, did you even read the thread? Theists making outlandish claims as always, the atheists asking for evidence, and then the theists squirming attempting to shift the burden of proof or commit logical fallacies...I'd say it's pathetic, but it's really nothing new for theism.

No

I think it makes you look like an ass.

You may claim to be a scientific mind, but it would be foolish to state so confidently that god doesn't exist.

What makes you think that?

You can't disprove Russell's teapot or Sagan's garage dragon or Descartes' evil demon. That doesn't mean everyone who disbelieves in those things is religious.

The usual analogy is: If atheism is a religion, then not collecting stamps in a hobby.

It is an absence of belief in any gods, nothing more.

Now, it is certainly possible to build up a subculture, mythos, and even a dogma around that absence, as do some Fedorians, but it still would not qualify as a religion under any commonly accepted definition.

I don't have enough evidence to confirm nor deny the existence of God.
Why waste time mulling over unfalsifiable claims?

Stop lying using green text.

that statement has nothing to do with atheism tho, nice strawman

why don't you prove it magically comes from something.

>truth is a lie
OK

>choosing a belief
>believing in atheism
>mistaking cause for effect
stop trolling

ITT: smart atheists trolling stupid atheist, by pretending to be retarded theists