Objectively the best Star Wars movie ever made

Objectively the best Star Wars movie ever made.

>anyone who disagrees is a pleb who can't into good movies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_sHQlBj6U0M
youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0x-I06Fpc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

*Subjectively

>he suggests there is a Star Wars movie better than Episode V : The Empire Strikes back

what on TATOOINE are you smoking, pal???

The Empire Strikes Back or GTFO

I agree, Op.

not to jump on the bandwagon but Episode V Empire Strikes Back is OBJECTIVELY the best Star Wars. Rouge one was MEH at best i only cared about the blind ninja his tank friend and the robot everyone else i was happy when they died. Rouge One falls either right before or right after Episode III in terms of quality and either right before or 2 before Episode VII. I mean its definitely better than Episode VII better known as some cucks and a nigger. But that does not mean it it even in the same league as the original trilogy

Come on, I didn't like the force awakens or this one but honestly the force awakens was worse

Awh shit you said best not worst

Episode 7:

Let's take a Jewish director, cater to the 12 year old fan boys and SJWs and make the characters a complete joke where the bitch is useless, nigger wants to fuck a white bitch, and the pilot goes missing for over half the film.

Oh and we will do all of this since we are Disney and we cater to the mental disease known as liberalism

toatly agree but thats no reason to praise Rouge one by itself its still a shit film on tier with pretrilogy

I am not praising Rogue One. Between the two, I would go with RO 10/10 but they are still on a level with the prequels.

Try 4th best.
Best to worst is:
>V
>IV
>III
>R1
>VI
>I
>II
>VII

Episode VII was so good the first time I saw it, but, like TPM, I realized it sucked.

Ive never seen any stars wars movies but Im sure that's dogshit. Back to the future was the best, eat a dick op

DUBS DUBS have spoken get fucking rekted op but i would add clone wars movie technically it is an official, before you say its not apart of the saga nor is rouge one so fuck off, id put it right before rouge one though in terms of ranking.

Close.

V
IV
RO
VI
III
I
Christmas Special
Power Gap
VII
Power Gap
II

>Ive never seen any stars wars movies

IV is a bore and VI is underrated. Should be V, VI, IV and then pretend the rest don't exist.

People were suckered in to seeing a film of Star Wars and those of us who love Star Wars, were hoping for the Thrawn Trilogy and when they remade episode 4, those of us who could see what Disney did, made our displeasure clear.

The only reason why it did so good was people wanted Star Wars and the SJWs flocked and continued to flock.

I hate AOTC, but I would always put it before TFA because it was an original story, and felt like an actual (albeit shitty) Star Wars movie.

same
actually i think i like TPM better, though i did watch VII perhaps one too many times during the initial release hype

Ignore all these idiots, Op. You're definitely right.

I haven't

except for the fact that Mon Mothma was very clear that Bothan spies died to get the Death Star plans and there wasn't a single Bothan in Rogue One

imo
>V
>VI
>IV
>Rogue One
>Clone Wars
>The Phantom Edit (I, II, & III edited to remove any reference to metichlorians and Binks' talking as well as a few other shit things Spielberg did to crap up the franchise)
>The Ewok Adventure
>Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
>The Christmas Special (with Liea groping Chewbacca in front of his wife)
>VII
>III (unedited)
>II (unedited)
>I (unedited)

>IV is a bore and VI is underrated
You got those mixed up.
VI is still a good movie, but has awful pacing and doesn't do much right.
IV has excellent pacing, world-building (the first star wars movie ever shows so much about the universe as a whole), and effects.

revenge of the sith is 100% without a doubt the best prequel, the rest are dog shit

The Phantom Menace isn't as bad as everyone says it is.
Honestly, if you find an edit on YouTube that takes out most of JarJar and the other gungans, then it's really a fun movie (just with the typical awful prequel dialogue).

Why no one say

all i really have to contribute to this thread is that i have faith (for no real reason) that episode 8 can be great, but if they have Poe and Finn be faggots, if they have them be even just a little faggoty, if they cross the "bromance" line and go into "faggot" territory for even just one single scene, i WILL commit to never ever watching a star wars film ever again

For me, Ewan's God-like silver screen presence made the entire prequal trilogy entirely watchable and thoroughly enjoyable.
If i was ever going to declare a lifelong man-crush, it would without doubt be Ewan

can't really beat the ending of revenge of the sith though tbf, darth maul did save phantom menace though

For sure.

I really liked Rogue One, I think it was the best one since the originals; but its still not on their level even Return of the Jedi which had its fair share of problems.

Empire Strikes Back > A New Hope > Return of the Jedi > Rogue One> Revenge of the Sith > The Phantom Menace > Attack of the Clones > The Force Awakens.

Yeah, no, I'm decidedly liberal but at that point it would be nothing short of a pandering circlejerk. Gay characters are fine, but don't wave it around like "look how progressive we are"

Bothans dies getting the plans for death star 2, not death star 1.

it missed the whole point though it should have been either the story of obi wan or it should have mirrored and reflected the OT also the whole jar jar business where he was obviously important to the story in some way like possible sith but they bitched out and made him kid friendly. Actually thats my whole gripe with the phantom menace it was obviously a decent film at some point but during production they cut and cut and cut to make it more kid friendly and somewhere along the way it lost everything except like Darth maul still being a badass and pod racing still being cool, but if Anikin was like 17 and already Obi Wan's padiwan and this was their first real mission it would have been soo much better, bassically star wars the clone wars the movie but with Anikin being the fresh padiwan

glad you understand what im saying without getting triggered. very refreshing in today's political climate.

Attack of the Clones is even a pretty solid film if you fast forward through all the scenes he's not in.

This whole exchange has been great

Not even a good bait man. . ...sage

Kys

Would have been better if all the actors weren't ESL

>Why no one say
>>Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
y u no read thread?

>Would have been better if all the actors weren't ESL
or brownish

It's Disney however, Rian Johnson did wonders with Looper so maybe he told them to fuck off, but knowing Disney, they told him to do it the "PC way" or find a different job.

if you watch the prequels with the sound off
the entire cast gave stellar performances
the movies are shit bc spielberg hates actors and wants the entire cast to be cgi
so he gave shit lines to the real actors

Fright Supremacy bro

Star Wars: Return to Westeros

wish darth maul continued in the prequels. story should of gone.

>maul kills qui gon
>obi wan fails to kill but saves anakin
>maul escapes
Episode 2
>obi wan becomes filled with revenge and hate for maul.
>anakin trained with this undertone
>Obi Wan kills maul and realizes his path to the dark side.
>Anakin, ignored, puts his attention into a young girl.
Ep 3
>Clone Wars begin as Seperatists go full scale.
>Anakin fails to save his mother.
>Obi Wan sees the dark side in Anakin.
>Anakin leaves the Jedi mid war with Padme.
>Obi Wan ordered by council to bring him back.
>Sidius orders Dooku to find him.
>Dooku injures Padme and Anakin kills him.
>Obi Wan finds Anakin with dying Padme.
>Anakin begs Obi Wan to save her and the children (who are born already)
>Obi Wan cannot save padme.
>Anakin is confronted by sidius who promises to save Padme but requires his loyalty.
>Vader.
>Vader thinks his children were killed by Jedi.
>Actual duels and ending from ep 3.

R1 was good but the shittiest one was The Force Awakens.I watched nearly half of it to see the nigger dies.

>Episode VII was so good the first time I saw it

Its very fast paced and it hammers the nostalgia button like its going out of style so you don't realize how shallow it is until after you finish watching it.

Even during the film I was wondering who the fuck the "rebels" Leia was commanding were. I mean these are the good guys of the movie and I don't even understand if they're working for the new Republic, are they a private militia, and who the fuck are they rebelling against if the Empire is gone?

Then once I got home I realized how derivative it was and that Finn was basically a psychopath who went from being unable to deal with killing anyone to gleefully slaughtering his former comrades in the space of two scenes.

Say what you will about George Lucas at least he gives a fuck about world building and crafting a coherent story.

Lucas prided himself on originality and watching episode 7 he must of felt disgusted.

>Say what you will about George Lucas at least he gives a fuck about world building and crafting a coherent story.

J.J. Gaybrams and Di$$$ney BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=_sHQlBj6U0M

4,5,6 in any order...

then everything else is equally shit. rogue ones only good part was the darth vader scene.

that would be a fucking amazing lead up to a new hope

Rogue one was dog shit.

> I was wondering who the fuck the "rebels" Leia was commanding were
Fucking this.
I don't understand why the good guys have to be made into the underdogs again.
I don't understand why they aren't part of the New Republic.
I don't understand why Han Solo's character development throughout the OT was thrown out the window.
I don't understand why they made a new Star Wars movie with such a short time frame. I'd rather wait another year or two and get an excellent movie than a rushed shitshow.

>spielberg
damn it
meant lucas
binge watching young indie got spielberg stuck in my head

Empire and it are the only actually good films in the series. The rest go from kid movie schlock to turds to mediocre, depending on the film.

it's funny because people heard it as "white owners of slaves" but he really meant "jews who enslave whites and niggers alike"

Finn was basically a psychopath who went from being unable to deal with killing anyone to gleefully slaughtering his former comrades in the space of two scenes.
When an insurgent kills your friend, so you join him, kill more of your friends in the process, and then talk about how evil your old friends are.

that wouldve been way better

yeah i used to think George was a piece of shit but at least he cares about the universe he has created, i mean he started to annoyingly milk it but its better than the half baked shit Disney is doing. i honestly dont think ill watch episode VIII until i can for free, i dont want to encourage them any further

Well, IV is really just amazing because of the time it came out. The effects were stellar, the pacing was excellent, and the music was glorious.

This is pretty good except for the Dooku part. I feel like keeping a single antagonist (Maul) throughout the three films would be better.

Newfag detected

Seen them all and IMHO they all blow. I only go because that is what my friends want to see.

Rogue one is a shitty, uninspired bastardization of the plot of Guardians of the Galaxy with the most hollow characterless characters and complete oversaturation of fan service. It is a shitty nothing of a film that I can honestly say is on the negative end of the quality spectrum of Star Wars.

I mean the annoying thing is if he was done right Finn is actually an interesting character.

He's been trained since birth to fight for these people; but his moral conscience forces him to try and get away. He doesn't want to be a hero, he doesn't want to fight his old comrades he just wants to escape and live life on his own terms. Then from there you lead him to the point where he is forced to not only abandon; but actually turn against the First Order in the name of justice.

That's a good character arc for a film; but he shouldn't have been willing to fight the First Order until the end of the film. Having him start killing them by his own choice while trying to escape means that he's not a man with a conscience he's just a coward and a traitor.

definitely
I love the Maul story arcs of clone wars and rebels

not better than empire

what you want a character thats actually conflicted and has a backstory and actually develops. Whaaaaat you cant have all that it cost to many shekels to hire decent writers.

i can agree to that.

I also mind thought a story about Dooku and Gen Grevious.

Dooku a wealthy Jedi with his own militia, is told to send his army into a knowingly suicide mission and it is an obvious tactic from the council to get rid of Dooku's private army.

Grevious nearly killed is saved by Sidius and Dooku joins the dark side after the Jedi betrayed him.

thats a great gif

Episode I

Episode I as it was has no reason to exist. I don't need to see what the trade federation is up to before the war starts. I don't need to see how the Jedi found Anakin. I don't need to see what Palpatine was up to before he weaseled his way into being chancellor. None of this is needed.

Episode I should have started where Episode II did. Showing how the war starts, where the clones and the droid armies came from and how Palpatine is starting to make his first moves as Chancellor. That way you get one film to show the start of the war, one film to show Anakin's decline into ruthlessness during the war and one film showing the end of the war and him becoming Vader.

As for Maul, he's the best part of Episode I, he's a great villain; but he should have been working for the Separatists through the prequel trilogy rather than being wasted on an ancillary chapter.

the impression I got from clone wars was that Dooku felt that the Jedi were blinded by their sense of moral superiority and couldn't see that they were supporting the corruption that was tearing the republic apart
so he joined up with Palpatine and was gradually instructed in Sith ways until he didn't freak when Palpatine revealed himself as a Sith lord
so Dooku was a fallen hero who was trying to save both the Jedi order and the Republic, but got tricked by playing into his desire to do good into causing the destruction of both

too true
the KOTOR games were a better prequel than I

i got a similar impression.
Dooku honestly can have his own story and movie in my opinion.

He felt inclined enough to reveal the ultimate secret to Obi Wan early on.

This is the actual launch code you bunch of Down's syndrome underage B&.

NO SPECIAL EDITION BULLSHIT OBVI:

In order of suck from top to VERY bottom.pic related.

V
VI
IV

Star Wars Christmas special
R1
VII

I
III

I even the Fucking name.

HERR DERR ATTACK OF THE CLONES.

No other order is acceptable. I lived it. Seeing these films in their time with no poison internet culture was the way to truly taste the magic.

It can't be recaptured for many reasons.

I love Lucas; but the man needs someone to keep his ass on track. With the prequels he had twenty years to think out everything that happened before the original trilogy and when it came time to make movies he had enough material dreamed up in his head for 10 films. So you get Episode I which shows the lead up to the war and really isn't necessary; but which Lucas couldn't bring himself to cut and the entirety of the actual war happens off screen between Episode II and III.

and how he progressively got more evil through clone wars to the point where he was mocking Kenobi and Skywalker when they found the chancellor's aid as he felt that the Jedi were unsalvagable

then at the begining of III he had a genuine look of surprise when his master ordered Skywalker to execute him
if he truly understood and accepted Sith ideology he would have know it was coming
especially after he was ordered to execute Ventris

His ass doesn't make Star Wars movies anymore.

I think you're forgetting how ungodly The Christmas Special truly is....aside from the Boba Fett cartoon.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0x-I06Fpc

star wars is overrated period

>who can't into good

Itchy and Lumpy are perfectly normal names for wookies

>dem pipes on Fisher

No. I'm just voicing my distaste for the prequels.

Fun fact Bon jovi sings on one of the Christmas songs. I have the soundtrack