I fucking hate musicals -- they make me cringe

I fucking hate musicals -- they make me cringe.
Anyone here feel the same?

I love Willy Wonka too, but god what the fuck.

The only musical I like is Popeye. The Harry Nilsson score and Robert Altman direction goes a long way.

I like Little Shop of Horror's too - I've never seen Rocky Horror but I feel like I should but I don't know if I could handle it??

I fapped to into the woods but the damn prologue got stuck in my head for 2 weeks straight. It was hell. I wanted to punch Emily blunt every time she said anything. And that over-acting part where the aunt goes "the fessssstival????????"

You need to see it for the sake of kino, you fucking pleb.

And there's nothing wrong with musicals, they're great. People with a lack of imagination can't suspend their disbelief enough to imagine worlds where characters spontaneously break into song and dance, which has nothing to do with the quality of musicals and entirely their own problem, for which I pity them.

It's not that at all. I know and have met people who get all sing songy when they speak. It's not far fetched at all.

It just.. makes me fucking cringe. I can't be a whimsical person.

Musicals aren't inherently bad, you probably just haven't seen the right musicals. Unfortunately, they also rarely translate well to film.

There are some disney musicals that still hold up (Lion King, Mulan, Hunchback), but outside of that there aren't too many.

Singin in the rain, Sweeney Todd, Chicago, Little Shop, Sound of Music, Wizard of Oz, and Cabaret are all at least good, if not great.

Rocky Horror isn't "good", necessarily, but it's really fucking fun. Very campy and a couple of catchy songs. A send up of 50s B movies, so it kind of borders on 'bad on purpose'. I enjoy it but it's not for everyone.

Frozen is about 3 minutes of actual content spread out to 90 with shitty songs.

This is common to all musicals.

Musicals are the most pleb form of entertainment.

The quality of the musical is dependent upon the music. If you enjoy music, it's silly to dislike musicals as a genre

I think the only musicals I can stand are Willy Wonka and Mary Poppins.

I can't watch Disney stuff anymore. It makes me cry. I think I teared up during a bugs life a few years ago. I stopped watching films for a couple of years and I only recently started again.

I enjoy Wizard of Oz entirely though - like even the songs. Makes me tear up though.

I've found I enjoy music the lesser I listen to it.

That's like saying, "if you like sex, its silly to not want a dick in your ass."

If you cringe at musicals you are literally a teenager and you will eventually grow out of it.

I know this because I felt the same way when I was in high school. As my love of film developed and my brain matured, I started to appreciate the great musicals for the kino they are.

I don't like musicals either, but I liked parts of the recent Les Miserables movie.

Terrible analogy

I hate most old time musicals, because the audio is often dogshit and the songs don't advance the plot enough for me to give a fuck.

The only reason you think musicals are high art is because they're old and the people around you don't like them.

You're literally a hipster.

older musicals are okay but they've been cringingly unbearable since the 70s

ruins every adam sandler movie, imo

Why? Tearing up is fine, user.

Oh man, this too.

All the sing songy people I know are pretty hipstery.

Musicals are the equivalent of a baby's mobile: Lots of nice sounds and visuals but no actual content.

I don't to sit and watch some bitch sing about getting 2 kids to take their medicine for 4 minutes and then nothing of consequence happens, it's just a waste of my time.

>watch some bitch sing about getting 2 kids to take their medicine for 4 minutes and then nothing of consequence happens
I'M FUCKING DYING CAN YOU JUST

t. virgin

Imagine your favorite kino getting ruined with a song and dance number

>Musicals are the equivalent of a baby's mobile: Lots of nice sounds and visuals but no actual content.

Hence the reason women love them.

>Mfw I watch this flick and it turns out to be kino.

Musicals literally are kino, but not in the sense of how kino is a MAYMAY on teh 4chans.

OP here, I'm female.

no. bad analogy.

music is an element of musicals.

sex is not an element of a dick in your ass. a dick in your ass is an element of sex.
it's more like saying, "if you like a dick in your ass, it's silly to not like sex"

>if you like a dick in your ass, it's silly to not like sex
hence why asexuals are wrong.

>I fucking hate musicals -- they make me cringe.
thats because youre a plebeian

kys

fuck off hwc

Rocky Horror and Grease are classics. Tokyo Tribe is a recent A+

I still find the idea of real life being just like a musical hilarious after all these years.

Just imagine, an user break his heart once again after he find outs the girl he likes is being fucked by Chad and start sining an emotional tune while all his family joins him downstairs, then he enters his computer screen into the Sup Forums realm and we all sing together on a heartbreaking marathon

tits or gtfo faggot

Woah, slow down your are driving too fast.

>calling a girl a faggot

shut up faggot

I used to think the old people in that bed were fused at the legs.

Just realized, I enjoy Nightmare Before Christmas but mostly because Danny Elfman.

My favourite movie is a musical

I hate Rocky Horror.

>You're literally a hipster.

le sigh

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

nice pasta there hipster

The final scene with the nazis in the reflection was one of the best. It realky translated well from the stage.