It wasn't Jar Jar who ruined Star Wars. It was J.J

It wasn't Jar Jar who ruined Star Wars. It was J.J.

The prequels are better than Star Wars 7.

Discuss.

The Force Awakens is a shitty title for a Star Wars film.

They should give Star Wars back to George Lucas.

Star Wars 7 should have been about Han Solo's son growing up in Jedi training. Luke should not have been missing. Instead, he should have been the new old Obi Wan to either train Han's son, who then turns on him just like Anakin did. Or Fyn who goes to fight Han's son.

I would have liked to have seen George's vision of Star Wars 7-9.

Mark my words. After he dies, there will be a controversy about his vision not being in the new Star Wars, and they'll remake 7-9 according to what he gave to Kathy.

Let it go George.

It baffles me that some believe this just like it baffles me that some people thing Rogue One is on par with STAR WARS or The Empire Strikes Back.

The worst thing about TFA was just how bland of a rehash it was it's the fuckin' white bread of the star wars saga topped with poppy seed for diversity.

wait a fucking minute

Jar Jar...
J.J. ...

i think i'm onto something

You should have just stuck with the rehash part beloved. You living corpses don't know how stupid you sound when you say shit like that.

I like everything you say here and wish you a good day.

Get fucked you dog cunt. I can say whatever I want. It's a fair analogy and you're fairly fucked shit tits.

A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
and Pic related the rest is just garbage

TFA is white-male-guilt version of ANH and Rey is the most boring instantly-accomplished Mary Sue protagonist I've seen since... ever.

The prequels were a collections of pop and whizzbang flashy set pieces set against a painfully dull story that didn't need to be told.

The original trilogy had only two decent movies (RotJ is the worst movie of all seven) and ages more horribly with each passing year. The next generation isn't going to give a shit about Luke Skywalker.

The trailer I saw for the next movie looked awful. It highlighted Luke and Mary Sue hanging out on a big rock trading stoner philosophies, with no suggestion of any other significant plot. I won't be going out of my way to see it.

rouge one, the prequels & the rest of them that are about to come out are shit.

there are only 3 star wars films....period

see

>The trailer I saw for the next movie looked awful. It highlighted Luke and Mary Sue hanging out on a big rock trading stoner philosophies, with no suggestion of any other significant plot. I won't be going out of my way to see it.

I know right. Doing bold and interesting things with the franchise is bad. Also they should have given away the whole plot knowing that they're going to release another trailer that's actually not a teaser trailer.

you think empire is garbage but rotj is good? either decent bait or you're retarded and the last time you watched empire and rotj was when you were a child

Found the diversity quota jew shill

Rogue one is the best star wars movie so far because it isnt a star wars movie.

Star wars is just OK.

>when you were a child

Well they ARE children's movies after all.

What are they

>doing a new trilogy
>not just adapting the Thrawn trilogy for film

J J Abrams cucked the entire star wars fandom

Revenge of the Sith
New hope
Jedi

a new hope, the empire strikes back & return of the jedi

So what about the lack of character development? What about the sloppy pacing? What about the soulless..almost atonal score?

The OT and TFA don't have these issues and the PT has far better soundtracks than Rogue One's.

It's a fuckin kids movie man, get over your self. I honestly don't get why people take starwars so damn seriously, like its some end all be all of cinema. It was no more groundbreaking then, than the marvel movies are now. glorified FX showcases.

>A New Hope
>The Empire Strikes Back
>and Pic related the rest is just garbage

holly dyslexia I fuck that one up, this is what I mean

>The prequels are better than Star Wars 7.
This so obvious a statement you might as well be pointing out that water is wet.

Pray tell what "bold and interesting new direction" is being pursued. I must have missed it what with hauling out the old actors, old plots, and old themes for TFA and whatever the next one is called.

And yeah, I would expect a trailer for a saga film to give a hint at what the damn thing is going to be about, other than Mark Hamill and Daisy Ridley smoking weed on an island for two and a half hours.

Oh, who am I kidding? The trailer said exactly what it needed to say: "Another shitty Star Wars movie is coming out, you fucking animals. It's going to be dog crap, but all we have to do is show you some lasers and spaceships and the words 'Star Wars' and you'll eat it right up."

Sure

"Light, darkness, the balance" "It's so much bigger" and "It's time for the Jedi to end" could indicate that Luke has broadened his look on the Force for a more balanced approach. That would change everything.

Just because something is interesting doesn't mean it's good.

daisy and mark getting baked would make a damn fine starwars movie imao

That's better but ROTJ > R1

Even with ROTJ's many failings it still has far more substance. Splosions be damned.

Fuck I'm baked.

Just because something is different doesn't mean it's good.*

That is true as execution is key. We'll have to wait and see but from everything Rian has been saying we're in for something different. Maybe not something good, but something unique.

>It wasn't Jar Jar who ruined Star Wars. It was J.J.
>The prequels are better than Star Wars 7.

Jar Jar did ruin Star Wars.

Episode 7 IS NOT Star Wars. It's Disneyfied garbage that panders to preteen girls who have never seen Star Wars.

Sup Forumsntrarians leave Sup Forums

Episode 1 truly is my definite favorite Star Wars movie, I don't care what anybody got to say about it. Went to the cinema to see it when I was 9 and got hooked on Sci-fi and Star Wars ever since. I had pencils from Star Wars The Phantom Menace, posters, pencil cases, toys, played the shit out of the Playstation game. Jar Jar was funny to me, he reminded me of Eddy Murphy and Will Smith. The kid was amazing to me, I really liked him in Jingle all the way. In it's core Episode 1 is a kids movie trying to hook a new generation into Star Wars, and it worked for me. Most people that are negative about it are original trilogy grown ups that can't relate to the kid targeted audience 90's movie that is Phantom Menace. It's far from perfect but it has a special place in my heart.

It's a general internet thing now. The fad will fade into obscurity in time.