R

MINUTES
I
N
U
T
E
S

Fucking Canadiense fucks. They should build a wall to keep your asses out too.

>this PP

>missthews

>this is the #2 PP in the league
:^(

What's up you dumb fuckin waffles, how's things?

Just tuned in, is your PP always this bad?

is your face always this ugly

see

uninspired

TASTY
KAKES

>McE1h1nney

Did you Toronto faggots bring any bananas for that SCAAARRRRR?

they gained the zone absolutely beautifully several times but couldn't do shit with it. sick kill by the flyers honestly

>getting scored on by a black man

wew

u mad im pretty, m8?

absolutely cuck-a-rino'd!

thinking about getting into hockey.
Watching Carolina and Kings right now.
couple of questions.
1. wtf is a power play
2. trying to understand the tactics. why smash the puck down to the other end? is it like soccer? just a desperate clearance?
3. seems similar (inb4 hate) soccer are there different play styles? like one team passes a lot plays out of the back, one team primarily plays counter attack, very defensive style aka parking the bus ect ect?

>1. wtf is a power play

youtube.com/watch?v=_XbL7lG0Su8

All you need to know.

>1. wtf is a power play
a powerplay is when your team gets a man advantage for various lengths of time and gives up goal scoring chances to the other team while minimizing the amount of shots on goal they generate themselves

t. lifelong leafs fan

1. When one team commits an infraction they lose a player for a designated number of minutes (usually 2), while the other team still has 5 players on the ice. The team with 5 players has what is known as a "power play" for those 2 minutes. If they score, they return to 5 on 5 and the power play is over.
2. desperate clearance is correct. however if it reaches the goal line at the other end and the opposing team reaches their own end first, the face-off returns to the end of the ice it was cleared from and the players that cleared it aren't allowed to change. This is called "icing".
3. Every sport does this, so yes.

nylander's helmet is too small. it really bothers me.

your penis is too small

thanks gents

is there a team that is particularly known for intricate passing and possession based play? Basically the Barcelona of Hockey?

every team tries to possess the puck as much as possible, the better teams are just better at it

>going after kadri
Allah shall have his revenge

look at that fucking slob. get in the box.

this is what people will say at your funeral

all teams basically play the same way, it's not like soccer at all like that. Coaches might stress different nuances of the game to their players but there aren't drastic differences in style between teams the way it is in soccer

>20 seconds of work leads to the puck on Kneelander's stick
>shoots it right into the crest of Mason

another busthews miss, quite surprising

or whoever the hell the flyers have in the net.

>Mason

Boi...

that's not necessarily true, it depends on which players the team is built around. You can have an offensive or defensive-minded team, a speed-minded or size-minded team, etc

ahh ok
last question
why purposely take the puck around the back side of the net? some sort of choke point tactic to cut off defenders?

I assumed he meant its more like football where everyone throws and runs the ball but some teams build their teams around a certain aspect rather than a methodology of playing like in soccer.

it's pretty much the only obstacle on the ice so it can be used to the player's advantage on either end of the ice

it also freaks the goalie out a little bit

I don't watch soccer so i can't compare, but alright

what movie is that from?

Leafs will win this game

Big Hero 6

finally some good pressure

I'm sorely disappointed by the amount of bants in this thread.

I know all the flyers fans fucked off years ago, but I figured you laffs would circle jerk each ohter into dust.

>flyers think they're playing soccer

Flyers

>not a delay of game

wat

probably because it bounced right before it got to him

A defensive player in the defensive zone shoots the puck directly (without being deflected) over the glass. This penalty only applies if the player shoots it over the glass. If the puck is shot into the bench, no penalty is assessed.

>shoots the puck directly

What a weird technicality.

Macaroni is playing really well

MAC!

The Leafs are really loose tonight.

Beautiful pass from Giroux doe

a make up offsides call

it's nothing like soccer. a casual can watch soccer and see vast differences between wba's and Barca's style. hockey teams all have basically the same tactics, gain the zone, put it on net, pass it to the point, slapshot, etc. some might pass it to the point more, some might crash the net more, a casual can't tell the difference

>refpuck

>these refs

Really bakes your noodle

oops shouldn't have been a quote

Wow Gauthier looks like shit, new 4C when?

did he died?

ya but all soccer teams have basically the same tactics

>gain the zone
>exit the zone
>pass it around
>cut inside
>etc

Giroud must be like the faceoff GOAT. he has that rotating move where he gets his skate in almost immediately. always love watching him

a casual can tell differences between soccer tactics. most long time hockey fans can't even tell teams play subtly differently. nice retarded post though. there isn't even a zone in soccer lmao

Ha Ha time for penalty kill, incoming >hyman SH goal

incoming hyman shorty

MARNER A BUST

is this a meme attempt?

PEELANDER SCAR

finally nylander scores

he was approaching bust status quickly

>Michael Nylander

>Michael Nylander
Fail

>Uncle Leo is hurt
pls no

Wtf why did no one link this in the general, I was in my unpopulated version for ages. Thanks a lot guys.

Same. I was wondering where all the leafsbros went.

OP's a jerk. Or forgetful.

feels bad man

I am forgetful, forgive me pls

Martin sounds like a little bitch yet he would break my neck in about 2 seconds.

>tfw newfoundland
>tfw every game starts late af
>tfw already 10:23
wew

a lot of hockey players have nasally/nerdy type voices for some reason. Maybe because they spent a lot of their youth playing and focusing on hockey instead of socializing as much as other kids

If I heard martin over the phone I would think he's a 22 year old dota player who's never had a job in his life.

yeah hockey players are well known for their abstinence and not being the cool kids

Oh man we have a newfie leaf bro on here? That's sick, I like newfies

I mean they fuck a lot of broads, sure, but that doesnt' exactly involve too much talking on their end

>tfw Calgary
>tfw every game starts early af
>tfw miss half the first period most games

>tfw Hamilton
>tfw don't have to worry about that
feels good

all you gotta worry about is surviving in hamilton

Hamilton is honestly a growing city, not just in population but in quality

newfunland is pretty much half n half leafs and habs, with a few bruins, blackhawks and sens fans
nowhere to go but up i guess

The secret is to never leave the house except on the monthly break-ins

>Cheering Matthews sucks when he has more goals than anyone on >your team