Just saw it. AMA

Just saw it. AMA

Did based Wingard deliver?

how does it feel to have wasted money on a shit flick?

Pic related are my spoiler-free thoughts on it. He doesn't deliver "Blair Witch Rebuild" or anything like that, more like a modernized version of the first flick. Still a sequel as opposed to a remake though.

I got a free screening pass from a horror convention I went to recently.

Just realized how many good movies he's worked on

How does it end?

James finds the house, believes he sees his sister in the window. He runs inside and leaves Lisa outdoors.

In the building he sees a character that was previously assumed dead staring into a corner, and then that character disappears.

Lisa sees the witch amongst the treeline and makes a run for it inside. The witch follows her into the house. She gets trapped in a tunnel, finds James in the house, and lock themselves in a room.

The witch breaks in and the two stare into opposite corners, because the witch won't get you if you don't look at her.

The witch imitates Heather's voice, and James turns around and gets got.

Lisa makes a run for it, using the view through a camera to avoid making direct eye contact with the witch.

The witch imitates James' voice and Lisa falls for it, and dies in a similar fashion to the ending of the first one.

Didn't stick around through the credits so who knows if they threw in a mid- or post-credits scene.

What does the Witch look like?

It looked exactly like pic related, except the limbs and fingers were more elongated, no discernible face, and it was the color of flesh

Sounds like pointless cash-in shit, glad to know I can just torrent or stream it now, thanks

Great, sounds fucking awful, just as expected

>le thin white humanoid /x/ tier creepypasta spookster

Did they not get that it's scary because you don't see anything? That Heather going 'what the fuck is that?!' in the pitch darkness is what's scary, that something is there but we're denied access to it, that it's right there just beyond sight?

Does the character that sees the Witch along the treeline have the camera on her?

Was getting caught part of her plan?

Post more Harold nigger

It's not amazing. It's not The Blair Witch Project. As a standalone it would make more sense than throwing the Blair Witch title onto it.

If you can get past the first half being an endless barrage of jump scares, it has some solid ideas that are executed pretty well.

It's not a masterpiece, but unless there's something else in theaters you've been waiting for a $10 ticket is not bad.

That's my biggest gripe. I'd say the amount of the Witch you see is comparable to Clover in the first half of Cloverfield. There's some of that "beyond sight" going on in the audio which I really liked, but the film ruins it by showing too much (for example, we hear loud rumbling in the woods then see a tree collapsing, whereas the rumbling alone is better).

Almost all of the characters have multiple cameras on them.

Oh I think I realized what you meant. The camera briefly shows the witch, yeah.

.... Blair?

The original worked so well because of its ambiguity, it worked off the assumption that it's just kids in the woods getting lost, disoriented and exhausted...right? The very end of the movie shoves in one very hard scene to reconcile with psychological problems alone. Why the fuck would you ever show the witch?

>I'd say the amount of the Witch you see is comparable to Clover in the first half of Cloverfield
They showed the witch? What the fuck why would the do that. Fucking modern horror and it's stupid show and tell jumpscare shit