Why doesn't Sup Forums ever talk about good punk?

Why doesn't Sup Forums ever talk about good punk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tIPs15FBvP4
youtu.be/VpvbwwV2dZk
youtube.com/watch?v=VmW8i7vRX_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=xbSOBnRr3tE
youtube.com/watch?v=iKgPW5FI0LE
youtube.com/watch?v=M_xPG9J1pSo
youtube.com/watch?v=ybMaSUnExw4
youtube.com/watch?v=S_Yn7yny_a4
youtube.com/watch?v=54wpCk6nf5M
youtube.com/watch?v=TPZSho2HzNk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXltpJISnpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=G-Cn1kN-pe4
youtube.com/watch?v=nyry0DJnklA
youtu.be/Pm2afuGAS1U
youtube.com/watch?v=s-bKFo30o2o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because post-punk is better!

killed by death is shit

post punk is even worse

Some of the best punk songs ever are on the KBD comps. Sorry it's not the Sex Pistols turbopleb.

>bunch of poor plebs who sound like ass that only ever made one song
>good
sex pistols are awful btw

Ay this a funny title

Because people who like punk generally go to shows and shit or are part of a scene rather than spending their time shitposting on the internet

This is so misguided it's hilarious. What's your favorite punk record?

Case in point. This is a great song.

shit forgot link youtube.com/watch?v=tIPs15FBvP4

Because the people on here think rancid has any good albums and that the sex pistols weren't a boy band made to sell clothes.
I'm pretty active in my local scene. I don't spend everyday at shows or jamming. I've also used the chans since 2008/9.

What are some of your favorite records? Just asking cause it's nice to see someone who doesn't look at punk the way everyone else on here does

Here's good punk.
youtu.be/VpvbwwV2dZk

static age if you're talking about just straight up punk. if we're including subgenres then i'd have to think.

>not liking rancid

this is boring as fuck

You like the Misfits. Explain how I got something to say I raped your mother today isn't boring as all hell.

Rancid is an absolute joke of a band. If you think of punk and think of mohawks you are confirmed fucking retarded.

death church, pink flag, and damaged are some of my favorite albums. My bf has really gotten me into ian Mackaye's stuff. I never listened to it because I thought the whole edge thing was stupid. But then we talked about first wave emo and he got me into embrace. Now I'm really into minor threat too.

fuck the lyrics. that's one of the catchiest songs ever. the shit you posted is straight up boring.

i listened to rancid since i was like 8 so im probably biased. and no i dont think that.

No it's not. It's an average at best standard punk song. Nothing about the Misifits is exceptional. Bunch of fags from Jersey that bought their equipment and eye makeup with daddy's money.

Have you ever listened to Toxin III?

Not really. Are they actually racists or is it shock value imagery?

Not that I should care because I like neofolk and martial industrial.
This

>if you're not some broke crust punk fag you can't be punk
misfits>your favorite shitty obscure punk band nobody knows about because they fucking suck ass

Shock value

Michael graves >>>>>>>>> danzig

This is my favorite punk band youtube.com/watch?v=VmW8i7vRX_Y 1000 times better than your hot topic brand favorite band

i like them too. and it's not the bands a bunch of fags only care about them because of their logo.

Well you shouldn't judge me because I don't like them and prefer the more no name obscure stuff. Just more interesting for me to hear what 4 drunk idiots do in their bedroom than what bands that make horror themed lps do.

and you shouldnt judge me just because one of the bands i like happens to be popular :^)
anything worth listening to that's like the reatards or liquids that i probably dont know about?

Persuaders youtube.com/watch?v=xbSOBnRr3tE (friends of the Reatards)

Gary Wrong Group - youtube.com/watch?v=iKgPW5FI0LE

Bad Times - youtube.com/watch?v=M_xPG9J1pSo

Sick Thoughts - youtube.com/watch?v=ybMaSUnExw4

Trampoline Team - youtube.com/watch?v=S_Yn7yny_a4

FNU Clone - youtube.com/watch?v=54wpCk6nf5M

cool thanks. never heard of any of those bands. bout time somebody posts some good recs in a thread.

I'm sorry for being a snobby asshole to you. Not an excuse this board has just made me so fucking jaded. You seem real nice.

its ok. sorry for being a dick. and yeah in punk threads people either post albums everybody and their mom has heard or they just cry about things not being "true" punk but never bother to post any music.

If you get a chance to listen to any of it i'd love to know what you think of the stuff I posted

persuaders songs were really good
gary wrong group is not my thing
bad times is really good
sick thoughts is pretty alright. im going nowhere and i dont care perfectly describes my life currently :^)
trampoline team is ok
ghost baby ghost is also not my thing

But I love Rancid :(((((

Maybe you prefer Operation Ivy?

Bad times was Jay Reatard, Louie from the Persuaders and Eric from the Oblivians. Glad you liked some of it!

>minor threat

no

youtube.com/watch?v=TPZSho2HzNk

lol kys

fuck off!

The mixing's fucking horrible but it's nice to see a punk band letting go of a tired old fashion trend for once.

Wanna get into more right wing punk stuff. Gonna listen to Skrewdriver maybe.

cut throat is pretty cool if they count as punk. vocalist has that jim morrison/danzig thing going on
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXltpJISnpQ

That was neat but I feel like it couldve had better producing.

It's pretty sad how none of these nazi punk bands can't get any decent producing when left leaning hypocrite punk bands get to sell thousands of copies and go on tours all while saying they supposedly oppose capitalism.

If production is an issue for you just don't lsiten to punk. So many great songs that were recorded fucking terribly. Right wing punk sucks too.

>Right wing punk sucks too
Any punk sucks that focuses more on the politics than the actual music

youtube.com/watch?v=G-Cn1kN-pe4

That shit was pretty good.

I don't get it. How is saying drugs are bad and being patriotic so hated?

It's because along with that most right wing punk bands have to inject racism in it too. They can't just be patriotic or whatever. Did you hear in the song when he said "go sell that shit to your nigger friends cuz I don't give a fuck"?

>someone else on Sup Forums who actually knows

Hey friends!
youtube.com/watch?v=nyry0DJnklA

Yeah but how is that shit any less worse than bazillion lefty punk songs going "fuck white people/America" and "kill all cops"?

Idk. I never really see loc, choking victim, mdc or any of that to be very popular. Plus, most people aren't comfortable with racism.

Thanks for derailing the thread Sup Forums

thread would've been dead

It would've been better that way

Every one of these threads gets derailed by some tumblrina landwhale obsessed with jocks and rape culture.

Sorry. I'll only talk about anarcho punk bands next time.

Nobody in this thread brought up anything political until the guy talking about right wing punk bands

It'd be better if yo didn't talk about political bands at all. They're all fucking garbage.

kek. so true.

Skrewdriver and Dead Kennedys are the same band

Forward Area was a pretty good nazi punk band. Kind of riding the whole street punk trend of the early 00's. I personally really like DC Stormtroopers, raw fun stuff. People Haters, Chaos 88, I.N.F.A.N.T.R.Y. and Platoon 14 are good too.

If you want more 80s stuff that sounds like Skrewdriver, check out what labels like Rock O Rama/Rebelles Européens released. There's a goldmine of right wing Oi from that era that's severely under-appreciated.

The vocalists in both bands are fucking awful

So is every other part of the bands

This thread is about punk rock not nazi propaganda

The two are not mutually exclusive :)

Nazi's cant be punk, sorry not sorry

nah i like the guitar in dk

Hate these fags too. They're just the liberal version of nazis. Stay on Sup Forums dude. Nobody wants to hear about politics in a music thread.

I'll keep that in mind

I'm not talking about politics. Someone said they were checking out Skrewdriver so I recc'd him some similar artists. Stay buttblased.

The only reason people listen to those bands is for the politics. There isn't one Skrewdriver fan that isn't also a skinhead. Post a good song made by a skinhead band.

youtu.be/Pm2afuGAS1U

you've got to be kidding with this shit. so the problem is you just have no taste.

youtube.com/watch?v=s-bKFo30o2o

Better?

holy fuck why must punk threads on Sup Forums be terrible

Absolutely not. My whole point is political bands suck. Go back to your containment board. The first song you posted was legitimately d-list tony hawk's underground 2 core

Sounds like a personal problem. Smell my nuts nerd.

Butt status: bothered

How can so many people get upset about a defunct political party from a country that dosent exist anymore from 50 years ago?

Is there any good punk that's against Commies and Nazis? And why is RAC always called racist?

the great equalizer is that both of these songs are fucking awful

>Is there any good punk that's against Commies and Nazis?

The Rival Mob

>And why is RAC always called racist?

???

No shit dumbass, that's why they were posted.

Trying out their demo right now, shit's pretty good, thanks!

get out fuck troll.

Pro-tip: People who dress obnoxiously punk in 2017 probably aren't punk at all.

God I love having filters

what?