So your hero donald trump and his administration are going to eliminate net neutrality...

So your hero donald trump and his administration are going to eliminate net neutrality. How will networks like soulseek fair?

Other urls found in this thread:

battleforthenet.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wrong board
this is one of the most left leaning places on the site

*fare

This regards the future of soulseek, it's not really
about net neutrality, exactly.

Can we agree that the internet is fucked?
Sure it used to be a great place for discussion and all that, but now corporate interests have gained control of the information like some kind of 90s sci-fi and everything is fake and gay.
What if we have to let the old world go before a new one is born?
Maybe after network neutrality is gone, theres a hot new protocol that’s just a litttttle too complicated for the norms? This could give us another 15-25 years of good, classic internet if done right.
You don’t always know what you’re wishing for until you get it.
Inb4 someone explains how this can’t works

Someone please explain this to me

>tfw only been on Sup Forums for half a year
>tfw never got into computers enough before then to know anything about them
feelsbadman

i'm not a fagmerican so i don't care

That ain’t me man
Just when people say it couldn’t work some times someone invents a way for it to work
Could happen!

What does this entail?

Republicans really fucked themselves in the ass with Trump. His presidency is going to prevent the GOP being taken seriously for a very long time. And any party having the hot seat for more than 8 years is not a good thing.

>I'm going to have to go outside and get a job now
THANK GOD

They were already not taken seriously after GWB... and after Sarah Palin...
Probably other stuff if you’re even older than me

That's not how things work, dumb 19 year old. And I'm not a Republican.

battleforthenet.com/

heh...wait till the repercussions kick in kiddo, you won't be some indifferent then...

people keep saying that the "GOP is over" because of how shitty trump is, but we're so far gone as a country that nobody cares
the truth of the matter these days: "as long as MY side wins, i don't care what happens. at least the president is _______"

what repercussions? less fat people on Sup Forums?
my country was the first one to pass the net neutrality law, i don't think they would remove it just because the americans want more money.

im sure it will fuck up a lot of the sites you go on

There's just going to be a new internet, the clearnet will become obsolete. If anything the tor network will take over as the official internet and the clearnet will just be for shopping and internal network infrastructure.

I'm pretty sure this will just vanish most americans from the internet. This is a good and a bad thing.

What is Sup Forums?

>"your hero donald trump"
Speak for yourself.

>on one side: GOP is over!
>on the other: DNC is done for!

I'm legitimately sick of hearing this shit. Fuck off.

it'll fuck up a lot of websites you go on

I'm sick of the internet anyways

I'm just asking about soulseek. Chill out lol.

4ching is the only usa-hosted site i use lmao
also this is the fault of the americans who prefer to cry about fictitious genders, mudslimes and memepresidents instead of trying to fight against their late capitalist semitic overlords

The clearnet is garbage now. It was fun when I was in middle school and it was the wild west, everything is new and exciting and fresh.

Now it's all corporate and terrible and normie central. You see pepe bumper stickers on mom vans and anything that is even remotely interesting or original gets ruined into a meme.

One of two things are going to happen:

There's going to be a VR internet like in Neuromancer that we can actually go inside and contrusct physical locations and have property, kind of like a more physical version of this internet

OR

everyone who is sick of this shit is going to go to the darknet and make that their home.

Fuck the clearnet, it's just a giant shopping mall now.

The most important question is what'll happen to Sup Forums

either it changes from american server to another country's server or it rips

How about the fact that the planet is facing numerous catastrophic events, like over population, antibiotic resistant disease, global warming, and nuclear war? I don't think the human race has much longer to live anyways, stephen hawking says we have 100 years to leave the planet.

this, every site will just relocate servers who care

steven hawking is a pop scientist like bill nye and black science man

his opinion is irrelevant

Hey Trump supporters. Serious question: since you concede that Sanders was ousted unfairly during the Democratic primaries, wouldn't you have to admit that Trump is illegitimate? The entire race was a farce, and that's one of the few things both sides actually agree on. So what's the deal?

Between this post and this post is where i draw the line between legit complaint and 2edgy

no one cares fag, this is a music board

Complete tech illiterate here. How does this affect me if I'm not in ameriland?

>antibiotic resistant disease
>overpopulation
looks to me like one solves the other

Who should reply to a post with so many assumptions?

>steven hawking is a pop scientist like bill nye and black science man
that sounds good saying it out loud but he really isn't

did I give you permission to reply to my post bitch?

would anyone care who he was if he didn't have the meme voice going for him? that's all he's really known for, unfortunately

that guy aint our pal friend
quantum gravity? hawking radiation? i mean dont get me wrong he speaks about things he knows nothing about, but dude was a genius physicist

That's not even talking about our monetary system. I wouldn't give that much longer either.

I disagree but the Republicans are still fucked. Trump is the best thing to ever happen to the Republican party, but most Trump supporters fucking hate Republicans. Once Trump is either revealed to be a sham or is ousted (legitimately or illegitimately) there's going to be a massive vacuum on the right. Same thing with the Dems, but Hillary sealed their fate. People are going to go third party, and people are going to become more and more divided.

wrong board faggot

>implying you care about any of those things

he's

You, apparently.

>Trump is the best thing to ever happen to the Republican party
that says a lot, even i had more respect for them than that
obviously b8, or you just dont know shit about anything
>he's
yeah bait, no ones this annoyingly dumb

hopefully the internet gets fucked so i can stop using it

>derp must be bait because i have nothing to say

>even i had more respect for them than that
It's true, and that's why it's so fucking ludicrous.

The Republicans up until Trump were a bunch of sterile suits with no conviction. Now the Republican party is full of libertarian youth, who are going to fucking vanish at the first sign of bullshit from Trump's cabinet (that isn't a weapon's deal with Saudi Arabia, anyway).

0/10