Are people supposed to listen to this ironically?

Are people supposed to listen to this ironically?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S1M27uV_BUM
youtube.com/watch?v=rSCkOEGkZFU
soundcloud.com/izetskal
izetskal.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I listen to it unironically. This is gonna sound super pretentious and stupid, but it's an acquired taste. Try Hybrid Noisebloom.

Cant it fuck up my headphones?

>tfw pressed the play button
>my headphone was at max volume

I do not feel my ear anymore

I highly, highly doubt it. Unless you have really cheap ass headphones and you crank that shit to 11

This album is really loud on Deezer for some reason, almost fucked up my ear

What kinda fuckin stupid question is that you fuckin minge?

Isn't this album always loud, though? The highs are supposed to be super sharp and right in your ear canal

Its literally just noise that hurts you ears, is it supposed to be for masochists?

If it hurts your pussy ears then turn it off, there's no profound message behind it. People listen to certain noises because they like the sound.

this. If you don't like this, you might like some of his other stuff or maybe even a different artist. Kylie Minoise is alright.

>Its literally just noise that hurts you ears
You're supposed to listen to it. Saying something reductive like that means you're not paying attention at all.

pulse demon actually sucks desu, pretentious dips ride on it because the album art is good

it's like unknown pleasures, but instead of a god tier opener stuck to a slightly-above-average post-punk album, you get structureless electroacoustic wank

>listening to shit ironically
If you don't like it, don't listen to it, user.

I hate that it has god-tier artwork but it's actually a shit album

There's way harsher music out there.

Not an argument.

This
Flare Gun is the GOAT Merzbow album
Followed by Hybrid Noisebloom, 1930 and Cycle

Massona > Merzbow
Fight me

Try his album MERZBEAT.
More musical ideas in there, but still with the noise madness. Best introudction to his work imo.

It just gets memed because of the artwork and how Merzbow is prolific in the japanese noise scene. He has a lot better stuff.

Merzbeat is utter-crap, its just an experiment that goes nowhere.
If you want "beats" on a Mezbow album check out the early stuff that usually includes some tribal percussions that fit perfectly the soundscape.
Up until the early 90s Merzbow was a band and members would often scream, chant and bang stuff. Still havent heard that acoustic live album recorded in comunist russia, but eventually will

I never got what's up with Venereology's artwork but it creeps me out.

It's not great but it's a good introduction to his work for people who do not listen to noise/harsh noise.

No?
It's like asking if people watch gory or unsettling horror movies ironically.

This is his shittiest one . Listen to merzbox instead.

How much is Merzbox nowadays?
Always wanted to have it but its expesive as fuck, specially being a japanese export.
Those DVDs with early perfomances must be the shit, that video where he's playing on the streets in a korean village and the segment in Kingdom of Noise are glorious

Like $500. You can find the rips fairly easily. I'll have to get it for the artwork.

I've only listened to Merzbow live at CGBG - where should I go from there?

I like noise and other harsh music because it's all my brain can stand sometimes. I'm so insecure and self loathing that anything else makes me want to neck myself desu. I'm pathetic.
youtu.be/S1M27uV_BUM
This isn't really noise but the high pitched bleeps are great. I love when there's a nice backdrop, too. This song reminds me of Have a Nice Life - Earthmover. I like the vocals a lot, too.
As for real noise I am a Lake of Burning Orchids is pretty much perfect. Noise and ambient are a perfect match, the noise to brutalize yourself and the ambient to wallow in self pity like a fag lol.
Jeff Witscher's stuff isn't as hateful but it's got a lot of great music, I love him. Anyone doubting the musicality of noise should listen to Meta Concrete. I don't even know how he created such seamlessly flowing sounds but it's beautiful. And the piano in the back gives a nice melody to hold it all together. Sometimes noise can be aimless and gay but when it's done well or even just combined with other elements it's pretty easy to enjoy. It's an enveloping kind of sound and it can carry a lot of deep feelings, I don't know I probably sound dumb and gay dude. But yeah if you're doubting noise especially check out Jeff Witscher's, his secret abuse stuff is great guitar noise, Carefully Opening a Window is great and I don't think it's too hard to dig. Kind of sounds like shoegaze maybe? Nice and fuzzed and noisy while still retaining clear sounds to keep your attention, that's the good shit right there man.

>not wanting 100+ page picture book
>not wanting the medallion
pls

I checked and it costs about the same as his current gear, but you cant buy his talent
why live?

>All recorded & mixed at ZSF PRODUKT Studio, October ~ November 1995.
Mastered at SAE Mastering, Phoenix, AZ, January 1996.

>tfw this shit was mixed by actual people

I meant that I am getting it. Eventually. But if you wanted to listen to it, it's on YouTube.

pic related is the only noise record I really liked
also Ramleh's Hole in the Heart

No I actually agree with you there.

Try Controlled Bleeding "skin and bones" and the rest of their stuff later
The're probably the most underrated band in the whole noise/industrial scene and even their shittiest stuff is good

Nah, I still have a couple of Cold Spring vinyl reissues to get, they are fairly cheap considering what a japanese CD costs.
If you havent heard Merzbow on vinyl yet you should do it ASAP. It's a whole different experience.

Will do. Thanks user.

I have some of his stuff on vinyl. The sun ra remixes and some other stuff. I think I still have

Masonna is garbage sorry

Masonna is pure acid fun, feel sorry for you if you dont get it
But comparing him to Merzbow is like comparing Talking Heads to B-52s, same genre, completely different aproach

>dont get it
this is why everyone hates noise fans dude. never say that again. and I'm fine with 'wilder' noise artists (Incapacitants, Hanatarash, Geros etc.) but Masonna's style doesn't do anything for me

Noise is just nu-metal for avant-teens who are too self-conscious to actually listen to nu-metal. Don't take it too seriously.

>If you havent heard Merzbow on vinyl yet you should do it ASAP. It's a whole different experience.

I laughed out loud at this sentence. Avant-teens are funny.

Ok, you got a point there.
Ejaculator Generator was the album that got me into noise in the first place, so I might be biased.

embarrassing post desu
you sound underage and/or mentally challenged

Really getting tired of this meme.
Joking or not, grow the fuck up.

Venereology is brilliant experimental music.
His best work desu.

>Avant-teens
Is this a new meme?

I'm old enough to buy plane tickets to Manchester and visit the Cold Spring store. And got into noise past my 30s.

Go shitpost on a grimes-thread or something

Fuck off.

Listen to Hanatarash and Ramleh instead

>Is this a new meme?

No, but you are a newfag. And posting on Sup Forums if you're in your 30s or 40s is just sad, man.

Eat my cock, pseud.

>posting on Sup Forums if you're in your 30s or 40s is just sad
got some news for you kiddo

now fuck off

Pulse Demon is not a good introduction to harsh noise.

Listen to Kazumoto Endo - While You Were Out instead. It's much more accessible and some parts are very catchy, believe it or not.

>kiddo

Wow, we're pulling out the big guns now! Faggot.

Dont listen to that homo.
Masonna got an unique style and definitely got the most visceral effect on me.
There is nothing in the world that sounds more explosive, energetic and pure.

Yeah I don't understand harsh noise or even noise but Merzbeat is enjoyable:
youtube.com/watch?v=rSCkOEGkZFU
According to fans, he "sold out" with this, which seems ridiculous to me

this board should not be allowed to discuss noise. or any experimental music at all, really.
neither the people who claim to like this music nor the people who hate it have any fucking clue about any of it.

stick to kendrick and animal collective, please.

Have you been here five minutes?

i've been here for almost 10 years now(the shame! the shame!), on and off.
don't know what that has to do with my previous post though. you're all clueless and seeing you trying to discuss this music is genuinely uncomfortable.

>here for almost 10 years
>uses exclamation marks

doubt.jpg

you're dumb.

Anybody who's been on 4chin for more than a few weeks knows that exclamation marks are a huge no no familia

(YOU)

exceptionally dumb, in fact!

>I'm just pretending to be retarded

Masonna sucks because he has too much treble and not enough low end. Also he focuses on vocals as the primary source for everything he does and its boring. There are a lot of people who do what he does, but make better recordings. He has never even changed after all these years. He still just records himself yelling then turns a quick delay all the way up then yells then delay and thats all he does. He should buy a synth.

Bad thread.

>this board should not be allowed to discuss noise. or any experimental music at all, really.

This.
You morons don't even know how to listen to/have halfway intelligent discussions about Grimes and Young Thug.
Why do you keep trying to talk about something that you've got no understanding of whatsoever?

Enlighten us then with your wealth of information on how to listen to noise music.

damn dude you sound like rly smart. whats your IQ?

> (You)
>He still just records himself yelling then turns a quick delay all the way up then yells then delay and thats all he does. He should buy a synth.

You say it like it's a bad thing
True, having 1 or 2 Masonna albums should be enough, but I would kill to see him live.
Rather have someone literally spill their guts on stage than a talentless hack like Vomir pressing the spacebar and turning around his back to the audience (and set) for 40 minutes

Nah, you taint the whole thing by associating yourself with it.

You should listen to sissy spacek, tralphaz, or government alpha.

Thanks for answering my question. Now get off your musical high horse.

But I do
Not fond of Sissi Spacek new vocalist though

How can you not like her? Shes hot

No but Masonna's album is better than Merzbow's best album

wut

>116
Wew. I'm in this thread in the first place because I fucking hate the discussions with Grimes and YT, I feel like people (other than you) are having a pretty nice conversation.

There's been several good noise generals that have cropped up now and again

You have some low standards m8, she looks like a random skinhead chick you can find by the dozen on any punk/hc venue

But, if I cared about looks in music I wouldnt be ITT, her voice just doesnt fit the style.

Lol whats up with that thread are we being sabatoged?

Lol youd fuck her dont lie

soundcloud.com/izetskal

izetskal.bandcamp.com/

Thx for the recs

Some faggot is spamming his shit, this one to be precise Just ignore him, and dont click on his links, because spamming your shitty proyects on Sup Forums is bad mmmkay