Why don't you own an AR-15 for self-defense, and to protect your family, home and country?

Why don't you own an AR-15 for self-defense, and to protect your family, home and country?

AR is what I show my friends at the range. AK is what I show my enemies.

why do you constantly post this thread without an actual pic of your own gun?

Seriously? Do you actually prefer the AK over an AR? Why in gods name...

Because I don't live in Somalia.

At realistic self-defense distances, say within 50 yards, the 7.62x39 round hits harder and goes through cover much more easily. I also like the concealability of the 100 series folding stock I have on mine. Fits easily in a tennis racquet bag and is even shootable while folded in an emergency. Both platforms are good, the AK is definitely more fun to shoot (not to mention ammo is cheaper and you can practice more).

>At realistic self-defense distances, say within 50 yards, the 7.62x39 round hits harder and goes through cover much more easily

That is true, but can't you get an AR that uses the same ammo, or the superior 300 blackout?

What guns are those? I'm in the market for an AK and an AR but don't know shit about them. I have a lot of hunting guns from my family but that's it.

Or simply use superior 75gr OTM/OHP or Mk262.
7.62x39 is a primitive dirt round.

>Why don't you own an AR-15 for self-defense, and to protect your family, home and country?

'Cause I'm not a cowardly little loser
who sees the world as enemies out to get me.

t. dies in a home invasion

because i don't live in some third world shithole and don't need to carry weapon to "defend" myself, we're civilized people here.

Whatever, faggot.

Yes, but mags are weird for the 7.62x39 ARs and reliability has always been iffy on those platforms. .300 blackout is still too expensive which is why it isn't mainstream yet but yes, if you had to have a short .30 cal round in an AR the 300 blackout would be the way to go since you can use standard AR magazines.

>market for an AK and an AR but do

SLR107FR AK and a Daniel Defense AR. Check out /k/ for more info. Too much details for both types to really explain here.

No such place exists and the ones that did are being overrun by subhumans.
There are lowers that use AK mags now and .300 memeout is for suppressed guns.
Not to mention you only have two choices of 7.62 ammo,; M43 and M67. Both are old and obsolete bullets with poor terminal performance.

if you wanted to deliver a lot of energy with something that fits in a tennis bag, you should've just got a 1911 or something
it comes with the additional bonus of actually being able to hit something

>.45
>lots of energy

nigger, I have 10mm handgun for that. .45 is a joke.

>Daniel Defense AR
college faggot and only place I could stash it would be in my trunk, dont want some nigger stealing my car and getting an AR to shoot at other niggers... actually that's not a bad idea...

CIA already tried that strategy, turns out it just speeds up natural selection and leaves you with violent, armed niggers everywhere

Modern 1911s are mostly in 9mm because they exist primarily for competition. There are way fucking better handguns today if you're trying to throw those obsolete oversized slugs around.

>only two 7.62x39 ammo choices

??? I use Hornady 123gr SST and 8M3 as my standard defensive ammo

Ok thanks