Can we just talk for a moment about skateboarders?

Can we just talk for a moment about skateboarders?

>use public spaces for an activity that is dangerous to them and those around them
>destroy public and private property in the process
>fight back saying b-but we need a place to enjoy our hobby too!
>build skateparks and terrain specifically designed for them to use freely - at no cost to them
>skateboarders shun the parks, claiming real skateboarders only do it on the 'streets'
>continue to harass and inconvenience others
>continue to endanger others
>harass the people who are hired to keep public spaces safe for everyone and glorify the behavior on instagram etc

Seriously fuck these idiots. This shit should be illegal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r7ANZ8Osnz4
youtu.be/uXmzHKH5oGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Faggot

Op there are million groups of people who are more retarded than fucking skateboard kids.

can we just speak for a minute about how much a a nonce you are,
street skating a park skating are completely different things. if people get gobby to them for doing something they enjoy what do you expect

>can't skate
>can't be one of the cool kids
>complains to Sup Forums

what if your hobby was shooting out car windows with an airsoft gun? Great you are having fun with your hobby does that mean that everyone else should have to just sit there and deal with your shit?

>being cool
>skateboarding

pick one

Also I have plenty of friends doing actual sports in school (vice captain of my lacrosse team) without endangering and inconveniencing those around me. The only kids at my school who skate are losers who have no other interesting qualities and do it because they need attention.

>playing lacrosse
>cool

FUCKING KEK

Skaters between about ages 10 and 40 use the school courtyard half a block from my house. They're noisy at times, especially summer. The concrete was made specifically to be somewhat useful to skaters, as were some sloping steel railings. I don't think anyone talked very openly about it, but it's just sort of understood that skaters having a place to be and shoot their HD video or whatever is better than turning to a darker path. There's zero vandalism to the school while skaters are around. Little kids aren't intimidated by them, and often ride their little bikes around in the same area. It's really not a big deal, just a minor annoyance, and very rare for some noob to show up and make a racket past about 11pm. Maybe I just live in a nice city...

Do you want criminals? Because with an attitude like that, well, that's how you get criminals. And by the way, organized sports are a plague.

>memeing on Sup Forums
>cool

Gottem.

Whatever you say friendo. Lacrosse is a faggy sport in general. I bet that pussy flows after a lacrosse game amiright?

>between the ages of 10 and 40
>40

If you skateboard over the age of 18 you are a massive loser and people will laugh at you.

One thing I've noticed about this generation of skaters is that they act way more like niggers than my generation did.

Skaters in the 90s were basically punk rockers. Skaters today adopt all these nigger tendencies and affectations. All the posing and posturing and fake tough guy bullshit that black boys always do.

Not sure why this is.

Tell multimillionaire tony hawk

i get better pussy than the skater crowd who have to settle for the desperate scraps who arent attractive or interesting enough to get with an actual bro

You must live in retardistan or something. North Jersey skaters are cool guys. Most that I know gladly go to the skate parks or build their own shit at home. A fair amount are pretty into physics and the likes because of its heavy relation to the activity... unlike, y'know.. lacrosse..

>i get better pussy

Sure you just don't live in a shit city? Here they are all dorks and nerds with gopro cams and long hair. They act almost as friendly to each other as the pokemon Go crowd did.

Yeah i'm of 'this' generation of skaters, im 19 and pretty punk in image. The sudden skate-nigger trend is irritating as fuck when i'm at a skatepark and some faggot in cameo jeans and a string vest shows up on a penny board playing some fucking rap on his phone and lighting a J on the half pipe

the skaters in my neighborhood are the kind who ride out into the street without looking, forcing you to slam on your brakes, flipping you off for your trouble.

This has basically been my experience with them.

>use public spaces for an activity that is dangerous to them and those around them
>destroy public and private property in the process
>fight back saying b-but we need a place to enjoy our hobby too!
Skateboarding is basically the only sport that requires any balls or creativity. Rather than run around in circles on a grass field, skaters create their play field out of the terrain of their town or city.

>build skateparks and terrain specifically designed for them to use freely - at no cost to them
>skateboarders shun the parks, claiming real skateboarders only do it on the 'streets'
Skate parks are for 8 year old kids on razor scooters. If you try to ride a skateboard through one, you will crash into one of those little faggots and end up fighting their parents.

>continue to harass and inconvenience others
>continue to endanger others
>harass the people who are hired to keep public spaces safe for everyone and glorify the behavior on instagram etc
While none of this is true, I wish it was, just to piss off pathetic faggots like you.

Fuck yourself, you stupid kike.

I'm sorry for you. You seem chill. Unfortunately those douchebags are the ones running around leaving negative impressions on everyone around them while you are happily skating in your park.

Skateboards are for fags.

>never figured out how to Ollie
>still mad about it

Cheers, it's honestly a total nightmare. I street skate when I get chance but tend to go for quiet back streets where i'm unlikely to get ran the fuck over. That or store carparks when the stores are closed, you now the multi storey ones? It just means i'm out the way of bad drivers and can't fuck up and ride into someone. Skating is going to die if it doesn't go back to its roots i swear. Even early 2000 pop-punk skating would be better than jay-z loving 'look at my swag', nike wearing twats

While I do think skateboarding is for edgy teenagers, there are some very good professional skateboarders that are impressive.

I dont see why you would want to ban skaters, its hilarious, this is Darwinism at its best.

There is nothing better than watching one of these numb-skulls bashing their teeth and elbows willingly because they get a brief moment of being in the air.

Best of all, you can call them retards because they deserve to get hurt for doing it.

Please Skaters, please keep skating. Cleanse the gene pool.

Whatever. I don't skate. Did for commuting for a few years in my 20's, but got bored of falling down every time I hit a rock. In a 'perfect' world for skateboarding there'd be no rocks on roads. Not gonna happen, and I've only got the one body to work with, so...

As for older guys skating, do you really care? Why? What kind of loser would give a flying fuck what they do? I'm annoyed by professional sports and all the kid stuff tailored to groom kids into dreamers who aspire to pro athlete salaries, because it's a massive scam designed to make fortunes for a few team owners and the TV empires. Giant scam. Team sports used to be community based. Now they're awful. Fuck that shit.

Skaters don't hurt anybody, losers hurt people. Losers may skate, but losers also drive, ride motorcycles, ride bicycles, walk, parachute, whatever the fuck. Gimme a goddamned break.

>While none of this is true, I wish it was, just to piss off pathetic faggots like you.

Oh come on you dont honestly believe this shit. Even the most cursory search through youtube and instagram would yield plenty of results with skaters fighting security guards and police officers for literally no fucking reason

>using creativity as an excuse for destruction of property

Why dont i get a few buckets of paint and throw it on cars in a local parking lot. Im an artist right!?? Creativity!

You dont need to be tresspassing on private property for you to be creative. Rodney mullen is the most creative skater of all time and you wont find him out at your local street spots.

Inb4 it doesnt destroy property. Bullshit. You know full well it does. And I'm not even talking about when one of you jackasses loses a board and sends it flying into the nearest car parked on the curb.

Skaters are punk faggots. Always causing trouble. Once you turn 17 get a car pussy.

>skateboarding
>dangerous

You must be a Republican.

Are you fucking 50?

Where the fuck do you even see anyone out in the public just skating around doing tricks? Most people just skateboard from A-B.

You guys live in Cali or something? Is that why you are such a faggot?

Cars will be severely limited for private use by 2040, and outright illegal by 2070. If we're all still around to care. So 'get a car pussy' seems a little bit nihilist, to say the least, and one might easily conjecture there's a more direct physiological element to your need to express yourself through larger, heavier hardware... small hands perhaps?

>Thinks he's still 14
>Beta fag

Anybody who defends skateboarding is underage and should be banned. If you haven't made it pro by 18 there is no reason for you to continue.

It is and knowing this has nothing to do with political affiliation. Also, you must be 18 years or older to come here.

I'm 32 and I defend the right of people to do whatever the fuck makes them happy.

I fucking hate all skateboarding faggots.

They do damage property. It was pretty damn fun when I was a kid. How much do you seriously care about the paint on a handrail or ledge? Kids will be pricks no matter what they do for a hobby

serial killers are happy murdering people. Would you defend their right to do so? Or would you admit that when the freedoms of one man infringe upon the rights and happiness of another, laws and regulations have to be set in place to limit these freedoms to a degree?

i grew up in the north of England in a town with almost no skateboarders, but i was one of the few

let me tell you a bit about skateparks in that area

near where i lived they built us a skatepark, presumably to keep skaters off the streets etc. Pic related; it's the exact skatepark in Cleckheaton

Despite the best efforts and intentions of the council in providing us with this skatepark, it was/is utterly unusable.
You see at the left side of the picture there is a fence? Well on the other side of that fence (off camera) is a children's play area.
Whenever there were a couple of skaters in the skatepark, all the 5 y/os from over the fence wanted to come in the skatepark and run up and down the ramps
this made skating very difficult and actually dangerous for the kids and the skaters. When i told their parents to take their children out of the skatepark, they just argued with me

You see how the park is surrounded entirely by fields? Instead of playing football on the grass, they would set up football games in between the ramps and play there.

idk what it's like in North America cos i don't skate any more (even though i live in Canada now) but in Bradford, in the UK, if people don't want skaters skating in public they should keep their unrestrained children out of our skatepark

not Cleckheaton; I meant Oakenshaw
my bad. idk why i said Cleckheaton

I was driving in my work can when a kids skate board rolled out into the street I had time to stop but time is money I snapped that shit like a twig underneath my tire ha haha ha

>comparing skateboarding to serial killing
Nigger, please.

>Or would you admit that when the freedoms of one man infringe upon the rights and happiness of another, laws and regulations have to be set in place to limit these freedoms to a degree?
I do agree with the above, I just don't agree that skateboarding "infringes upon the rights and happiness of another." And if it does, deal with it on your own, you pathetic cuck. We have enough bullshit laws and ticket-able offenses.

I'm sorry to say you seem to be a bit of a faggot. Quite frankly, you sound like a triggered snowflake who can't handle anything outside of your comfort zone.

Eat my shorts

As a skateboarder myself ask me anything and I will try to answer it to the best of my abilities, its a pretty fickle scene so I dont expect a lot of you to understand it but go ahead and ask away.

fucking KEK!

how come youre all such pussies?

>skateboard flies out and hits a lady minding her own business on the sidewalk

Turns to her and says "heh deal with it you pathetic cuck, im not the one that got hurt so its not my problem" Maybe throw in a racial slur to show you are hardcore? Or do you only do that on Sup Forums.

And you sound like an underage prick who takes contrary beliefs as a personal attack and can only respond with insults.

rollerblading faggot detected.

theres a lot more that can talk big before they can hit big, but theres some people at my park that could drop Mayweather with one hit. Its very regional in my opinion, most skaters dont even like echother, and they're doing the same sport. (figuratively speaking of course)

Skating in my town is now strictly a black thing lol

Fuckin FRUIT BOOT FAGGOT DONT WAX THE COPING QUEER!

>And you sound like an underage prick who takes contrary beliefs as a personal attack and can only respond with insults

Oh the irony....
Skating is pretty great in my opinion, great way to blow off steam and keep otherwise bad kids at least mildly entertained. Plus pros like Daewon Song and Mullen actually push the sport creatively, which is hard to find in pretty much any other sport where rules dictate exactly how you play and eventually turn them into industries of bullshit records and statistics, the entire point of sport is leisure, and if you can do something new with it without the huge investments of other big sports then it sounds fine to me.

Why do none of you wear helmets? Is it a fashion statement or what? I can only assume its a social thing right? Since it makes no sense not to.

This bothers me more than anything. Watching skaters on youtube go and hit a 20 stair with no helmet only to nearly kill themselves for no reason baffles me. Do you not realize that there are people in your life who care greatly about your health and hapiness? Even if you dont value your life dont you think you owe it to the people who care about you to at least take care of yourself? Or perhaps skaters have the mentality of 'that wont happen to me'

Please try to take care of yourself better and be safe doing what you enjoy.

Well for one, you get hot, like really hot. Second, it's more of personal pride thing, always wearing a helmet is like saying you have no faith in your own ability to do something without fucking it up.

Pros like Aaron Homoki scare the shit out of me even as someone who skates, but for flatground stuff and parks, you look like you just started and have no confidence in muscle memory

>Comparing skaters with serial killers

I don't skate but most kids I see now that act like pricks seem to have bad home lives. Better them waste energy on a board than to be acting out in other ways

op was probably one of those fat kids whose mommy bought him all the expensive skateboard stuff, dressed him out in pads, and he still wasn't able to learn how to skate - because he was a fatty

I understand that for flatground stuff that is relatively low risk. But I live in San Fransisco, where skaters regularly try to bomb insane hills with no helmet or anything, and have seen some pretty gnarly injuries. It makes no sense to me.

>young republican detected
Loosen the necktie OP

Oh most definitely it stems from "that wont happen to me". It can also be very distracting because of the constant body motion, it ends up rattling on top of your head a lot. and your head gets very sweaty very fast. Imagine sprinting nonstop for 8 hours in 100 degree weather with 10 beanies on your head, thats kind of what it feels like. A lot of what skaters do that make them "look" like a fashion statement they actually do becuase its more comfortable not becuase its "cool". Most skater wear shoe laces as belts instead of an actual belt becuase when you bendover to do a trick the metal part of the belt digs into your skin. So most of a skater fashion is out of whats comfortable to them. And a helmet can get very uncomfortable overtime. But we always try to be our safest its not like we're TRYING to hurt ourselves out here lol, hope I cleared that up!

No. My parents bought me a scooter. As if I would ever want to associate with the douchebag skateboard crowd.

>scooter
OP is a FAGGOT

ITT OP is mall security who got ignored when he authoritatively waved his radio at some skaters menacing the curb outside the food court.

when it comes to bombing Hills, it's just purely for the rush.

Im calling the police because I have a shit job as a rent-a-cop!

>implying my parents choice of birthday presents somehow affected my sexual orientation

?

Like you?

1. Parents new you were a homosexual

2. Bought you a scooter

I'm with you. I fucming hate these faggots. All they do is smoke fucking weed, loiter, vandalize shit and jump security guards for doing their job. Or god forbid they're minors. They push people over the edge and start playing the legal card when they get rocked by some dudes old-man-strength punch. Not that there is much difference between under age skaters and the dipshits in their 30s. They're all fucking scum.

4 wheels or no wheels faggot, IF YOU CANT SUCK YOUR OWN DICK YOU AINT SHIT!

You sound like you squat in cucumber fields.

see Most kids are dumb, but to their credit pretty much every vert skater relies on pads and a helmet.

Injuries are a part of the sport, people take pride in them most of time since it's basically to say they tried something hard enough to break themselves

Are the police fucking retarded? They do know this is obstruction of public road and is dangerous right?

fuck you nigga I hardflip into your face

If its anything a skater has, its pride in his abilities!

>My parents bought me a scooter
I fucking knew it. I knew you had to be one of those annoying scooter kids who constantly got trampled at the skatepark by actual skaters.

You sound like you squat in your parent's basement.

No fucking way you just said that in 2017, you are in some serious denial bud.

I think the skaters are the retarded ones in this video

Lol you have no idea on how to argue

I wouldn't even say that, I think what makes people gravitate towards skating is a desire to do something different and for themselves

>this inevitably attracts a LOT of faggots and artistic types

But for the most part it's really about expressing yourself by doing something, you can look at a lot of team videos now and tell a lot of it is just about art.

>plus videos usually have really good music

thats what makes it great its both an individual and team sport and everyone can express themself in which ever way they feel comfortable.

I skateboard and bombing a hill like that is generally stupid much less when there's clearly obstacles at the bottom in sight.

Too hot? Fuck that. I used to compete in BMX then mountain bikes, fairly high level in both, and we ALWAYS wore lids, period. Had my head smacked more than a few times when some gonzo whacked into me or I just didn't quite make a turn or whatever. Smashed a few helmets. Brain's still doing just fine. A bit of sweat never bothered me at all. What bothers me about helmets is how many cyclists don't wear the things, same for skaters. It's pathetic. Like these people have either zero imagination for what can happen in a crash, or zero respect for their own brain function, or more likely both.

I mean look at reider, dude pioneered that entire style.

you guys do slam way harder more frequently then we do.

I think that anything that gets people out of the house, exercising and socializing should be encouraged.

Americas got too many fat autists and it goes up every day

Meh, I miss watching little skater fucks nearly killing themselved trying to ollie off the steps of the War Memorial....

That sounds like such a skater insult.
>doesn't like what i like
>better call him gay
>no wait, call him gay in a way that includes comical imagry
>man i'm a strait genius, dawg!
>wish i had 5 bucks for a sack, man.

Fucking wheel board degenerate.

spotted the fatty who is jealous he has zero sports skills or balance

it's an epidemic in America

>Reider's also dead and was a pretty boy

tbh I didn't like him, more of a Cheese and Crackers type of person, but that's me

Typically you don't come out of a starting gate crammed next to a bunch of other people when you're trying to film a trick though. You're wearing pads because it's a competitive sport and you have competition that wants you fall if necessary, and because the sponsors of any comp encourage it so avoid being connected with a ton of injuries.

>A bit of sweat never bothered me at all
I do not care in any way about this at all, cool?

Nigger are you taking stupid pills?

That's in San Diego. I pass this everyday on my way to work

weeds overrated, does anyone even smoke fucking weed anymore? What insult ?I havent even insulted you? and you seem to be taking what I say to heart, this is Sup Forums calm down a bit you seem mad at the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=r7ANZ8Osnz4

youtu.be/uXmzHKH5oGQ
This is relevant.

the fact that none of what hes saying makes any sense is what makes it funny, kek.