This is fucking shit. It is honestly as bad as Batman vs Superman. The critics truly are paid off, jesus christ

This is fucking shit. It is honestly as bad as Batman vs Superman. The critics truly are paid off, jesus christ.

I Unironically enjoyed bvs more than civil war

>dcucks

Here's something to consider: CW has about a dozen superhero characters. Granted, 2 of them (Ant Man and Spiderman) are shoehorned cameo appearances purely for the toy $$$, yet the film still has a tight narrative, most of the characters have arcs, all of them get something cool to do. Cap, Bucky, Tony, Black Panther are fully fleshed out and get proper story arcs despite competing for screen time with Zemo, Crossbones, etc. When they do appear, Ant and Spider both steal the show with their cool powers.

Fucking FALCON gets more lines of dialogue in Civil War than Superman does in a film called "Batman vs Superman". Just think about that for a moment. And were any of Superman's lines memorable, apart from " the bat is dead. Bury it" and "MARTHA!" (for the wrong reasons)?

And Wonder Woman, despite only having to share screen time with two other heroes, speaks only to Bruce Wayne during the entire 2.5 hour movie and has no impact on the story whatsoever. She could be edited right out and no-one would notice. What does she do? Inflict a meaningless wound on Doomsday?

If nothing else, Civil War is a work of extremely efficient storytelling. BvS is horribly inefficient at setting up mood, characterisation and storylines in an economical and effective way. Bloated and incoherent, I believe the critics said.

It's an allegory for #notallmuslims

Tony is a terrorist, Steve is a moderate.

Tony wants every Avenger punished for his mistake. Film collapses on its very fucking premise

Meme

Spot on, that's one of the main reasons Civil War was so good.

It's truly amazing how much more convoluted BvS feels than CW when BvS is meant to be about two characters and CW at least five.

OP cannot appreciate kino

Evans would have made a great Flash.

Delete this

>all that hype for the airport fight
>is pretty much your standard blockbuster action sequence
>also the Cap vs Tony fight was as short and underwhelming as the one in BvS
but i guess i'll get some bullshit about muh emotional fight!

>N-no, it's really not just assblasted DCucks making every Marvel thread

How fucking cucked do you have to be to do most of your company's competitor's advertising for them you dumbfucks?

Aside from being cucked enough to not only pay WB twice for your shitty versus movie, but thanking them for it while you do so.

no but see this is Sup Forums and according to the crossboarding reddit/ Sup Forums hivemind dc movies are actually better and i don't have to explain why. it certainly doesn't promote discussion, all it promotes is shitposting, and even if it does promote discussion it's doing so on a genre of movies that can be fully analyzed by teenagers, so it's questionable why it's even brought up in the first place, especially considering there's an entire board dedicated to posting media related to comics. i guess i just really love the taste of zack snyder's cock.

Honestly, I was already skeptical of BvS before it was even released, mainly because WB was already pulling out the "We have no confidence this movie is good" signs.

>Putting a review embargo that doesn't lift until after release
>Worldwide release all on the same day
>Ads up the fucking ass
>Almost immediately making a directors cut to sell in stores, hoping to squeeze cash out of anyone dumb enough to pay for a movie twice

Exactly.

What went right:
>character development (expecially Bucky's)
>pacing
>action sequences and fight choreography
>cameos (Spidey, Ant-Man, etc.)
>the whole final fight scene
>Black Panther
>the villain, probably on the best in the MCU
>Aunt May

What went wrong:
>the airport battle, nothing is at stake, the characters don't take it seriously
>waste of a good villain (Crossbones)
>QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS
>trying to shoehorn the Superhero Act/Sokovia accord in a movie that's mostly about a gay couple trying to find a safe place to stay
>General Ross' pointless cameo
>QUIPS QUIPS, seriously a fuckton of quipping

>this is the only argument capeshitfags can come up with

Evans would have made a great anything. Benefits of being literally perfect.

No, it's just the only ones you don't ignore.

Capeshit is here to stay, get used to it.

>purely for the toy $$$

Except for the fact that except for a single funko and another action figure that is a miniature poorly made (on purpose), there are no spider-man toys from this movie. Spider-Man merch will only come out for Homecoming.

This is probably the thing that baffles me the most.

BvS had 2.5 characters to focus on(I count Wonder Woman half because she's barely involved until she shows up for the last fight), and yet they're barely developed at all.

We know why Bruce hates Superman, being pretty hamfistedly established in the opening, but we never get a real reason for Clark hating Batman. I hear the home version cut fixes this, but I already hate myself enough paying for this shit once.

Superman having a beef with Batman may as well not have been established, all it did was make Superman seem hypocritical for making that "taking the law into his own hands" statement, which is exactly what he does. And it doesn't even make a difference ultimately because by the end he's FORCED to kill Batman and, the entire time, is trying to talk his way out of the fight.

I found it incredibly weird for him to be calling Batman a dangerous menace, when he can basically juggle skyscrapers, punch North America in half if he gets mad, and has flat-out told the military there is literally nothing they can do to stop him.

>trying to talk his way out of the fight
no he didn't
he barely tried at first but then went fuck it let me go with it until MARTHA!

Also remember at the beginning where he said to Lois that he doesn't care about what people think about him when that was basically his motivation for allowing his dad to die?
It's been a while since I've seen it, I remember him at least trying to be civil before they started fighting.

Great explanation, I love the vague fuckery people keep creating posts on. I really liked it in the cinema, probably the best cinema experience I've ever had. Watching it again, I still really enjoyed but I would've preferred a Captain America movie with just Cap, Bucky and Falcon. I mean that Crossbones fight was fucken awesome. Still can't complain it was nice. I hope the Russos start getting some visual style before The Avengers.

Remember that scene where Bucky swings off the fucken stair rail. That was actually fucken sweet. Why are superhero movies saving action? Fucken hollywood.

I remember that being really awkward and very "ACTION PACKED TV SERIES COMING TO YOU ON CBS." I liked the movie all the same, but why did you try your hardest to remind me of the part I liked the least?

I can't help the fact that that you're a massive loser.

>probably the best cinema experience I've ever had.

Sorry pepe.

>Bucky is clearly under the influence of mind control when he murders Starks parents
>Stark chimps out and tries to kill him for being a brainwashed pawn

Marvelfags explain this shit

>Fucking FALCON gets more lines of dialogue in Civil War than Superman does in a film called "Batman vs Superman".

>superman is a being so above the law that he basically spits on the united states military's face for even trying to learn something about him and just expects them to take it like little bitches
>he hates batman because he considers himself above the law
dcfags explain this shit

>Encounter guy who choked your mom to death
>Normal Person: I guess that can make a man go insane with rage. It's certainly possible.
>DCucks: I don't understand basic emotion! BEEP BEEP BOOP BOOP. Why is Iron man Angry? BEEP BEEEP does not compute

Are all DCucks fucking autistic?

maybe it's why they like movies where the main characters express almost no emotion, and the few instances of attempts at emotional development (stop invincible son, MARTHA) get turned into memes. as if those are the only things wrong with the movies.

Tony knew this and admitted he didn't care.

>"hey guys lets make the 147th superhero film in the past decade that's about the dangers and repercussions of vigilantism!"
>"sounds great!"
>1.5 billion box office
>rave reviews

There's also the fact that Cap withheld the information that Tony's parents were murdered which leads to some pretty obvious resentment, but hey, we need to make more memes, Sup Forums doesn't have enough memes.

>someone forced to commit an action without free will should be punished for committing that action

Are Marvelfags retarded?

This is completely wrong though...

Kek I can't believe how triggered marvelshills are

explain how i am wrong instead of just stating it

>if someone murders my mom
>I won't be angry at that person
>BEEP BEEP BOOP BOOP
>MARRRRRTHHHHAAAAA!
Cool story DCuck

Superman doesn't consider himself above the law... It was the whole point of him turning himself in

Am i being baited?

Black panther was such an annoying cunt. You'd think that because he's black they'd try to make him more likeable but he's so fucking awful. The actor is atrocious too, "lemme just twitch my eyes to show emotion"

an action he completely undermined by casually busting out of his handcuffs and, again, spitting in the face of the us military, actions that exemplified that they had no power over him whatsoever

>Superman doesn't consider himself above the law
>...Destroys the Surveillance Satellites of the US Military

U WUT M8? Nothing DCucks say make any sense

Honestly I wouldn't, if there was obvious proof given to me that they'd been brainwashed by a foreign nation to do so.

Did Captain America break her out as well?

Yeah, I'm being baited

Ok whats your mums name and address, ill hire someone to kill her in cold blood then record it and send it to you

>Marvelfags

>dcucks
>marvelcucks
>console wars over capeshit
Sup Forumseddit, everyone

I highly doubt Tony Stark is wants to kill him anymore. Seeing you're parents brutally murdered and having a friend betray you is not great. It's pretty easy to say "I would be cool with it."

do i have to ask you to elaborate every single time you refute a legitimate argument with "ha, you're just pulling my leg there"

>emotionless dcucks

Do you know what the concept of "brainwashing" someone is?

Hiring someone to kill people =/= brainwashing or manipulating them to do it

capeshit please stop

But can you understand how others (maybe even the majority) of humans might?

If you can't empathize with other humans on such a basic issue, it really is a fucking sign of severe autism. Tony's rage is very understandable. You don't have to agree with his decision, but as a human with a normal functioning brain you should be able to fully understand it.

Is the Blue-ray out yet? I really need to buy this movie.

what a cute!

WTF is that thing?

why does the suit look cgi

Yes.

Civil War is a triumph in storytelling. But as a film, it's very disappointing. There are almost no cinematic moments in it. The movie truly feels to be shot against a cement wall.

Regardless, the events in CW put the whole MCEU in an interesting and new situation that feels really fresh. Steve Rogers abandoning Captain America's identity and leading a Shadow Avengers team is obviously only meant to last for a few movies until the final reunion with Ironman's Avengers during the last stand against Thanos, just before the cycle ends with the hero's death (either Stark or Rogers), but it creates some antagonistic relationships between former Avengers that are going to be very fun to witness.

>There are almost no cinematic moments in it

really this is the best thing marvel has over dc. come see us when you have a waifu this good.

I enjoyed the first avengers movie. It wasn't high cinema, but it was enjoyable and pretty impressive being the first time a movie has successfully built a bunch of movies with A list casts towards such a project
I dont get the hate for age of ultron. I have nothing really to say about it beyond it being enjoyable like the first, but not quite as good.
First cap movie was adequate. It was competently made but nothing to write home about. Evans is pretty good.
Cap 2 was excellent, easily the best marvel movie.
Cap 3 basically should have been an avengers movie. It was decent, but it felt like outside of the one big fight it hyped up, it was pretty hit and miss. Out of all the movies I've listed, its the worst, but it shits on thor 2 and the iron man sequels. Not to mention the endless spiderman and x-men shit being forced out these days.

Oh, and to beat a dead horse, black panther was fucking awesome and added a lot to cap 3.

Yeah, I enjoyed Civil War like any other Marvel movie, but the QUIPS are getting kinda retarded. The entire airport battle was one big QUIP-fest.

>Wanting to fight the guy who murdered your mom = WUT? What I don't understand?

>Not killing your enemy because their mom has the same first name as yours = Makes perfect sense

DCucks ladies and gentlemen

>consider DC comics the superior company while marvel is generally dog shit
And yet I'm more embarrassed by DCucks who defend the movies, than the movies themselves

Imagine a movie written as tightly as Marvelshit, but with the visual flair of DCshit.

It would actually, finally, make a good capeshit movie. One can dream, but unfortunately we'll always have shit story cool-looking DC and tight story, god-awful cartoon Marvel.

When are DCucks going to accept that Marvel always wins?

Does black panther have powers? Cap and bucky have super soldier serum and yet he was able to keep up with them when running past cars on the road.

>cool-looking DC
Most of BvS looked like dogshit though. It looks like it was shot by a 16 year old emo kid.

>MUHH its always raining and dark EVERYWHERE
It's like he is just trying to win the edgy awards

>Does black panther have powers?
Yes

>Does black panther have powers?
Yes. In the comic he smoked a leaf or something (or maybe he chewed on it) and now he's strong, fast and can see the dead or some shit.

I heard that Zemo is set to appear in the following MCU movies. Is that true? How would that even work, what would his motivation be? Is he going to end up another "killed in the first five minutes of the movie" character like Crossbones?

I know that comic Zemo is literally nothing like the movie one.

I'm sure they're setting up the Thunderbolts so he'll be there.
His motivation would be getting more payback since this obviously didn't work out.

>Captain.America.Civil.War.2016.1080p.BluRay.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.7.1-FGT
>44.37 GB

>Thunderbolts
Google tells me those are "reformed" super-villains in the comics, you think they'd be bad guys in MCU?
>this obviously didn't work out
Well, he inflicted more lasting damage on the Avengers than a huge alien army and a hyper-intelligent AI with a body made of vibranium, all while being just a guy without any powers. I thought that was neat.

I had a lot more fun with it than BVS. If only because BVS was such an ungodly retarded movie.

All Marvel had to do was not fuck up THAT badly, and they managed it.

It was a loud, dumb, popcorn flick, but fuck if I didn't almost enjoy myself during the airport battle.

The idea is that they have to be villains first, then become heroes that are secretly villains being led by Zemo, then they decide to be heroes for real.

it was absolutely terrible. i can't even believe this is the shit people praise these days. at least iron man 1 or winter soldier were decent movies. this is just pure horseshit

He didn't just find out Bucky killed his parents,he watched him do it. Watched him choke his mom to fucking death.

Then Steve who has been going ''BUCKY DINDU NUFFIN" all movie admits he knew,basically saying ''yeah this fucking mass murderer is much more important to me than you,let's all just calm down here''.

At this point, the villain they came to stop doesn't even have anything to stop anymore,either, so there is no stake Tony is blindly ignoring.

And since Steve is insisting Bucky is a dindu and has

a)gotten his friends jailed and the entire avengers project in great danger because of his dindu friend
b)done it all because he was taking some no name colonel's bait

Tony knows there is absolutely no way Steve won't refuse to hand Bucky over to any government because again,he dindu nuffin!

So he just decides to deal with him himself. Revenge isn't that hard to grasp,come on.

In fairness he literally did du nuffin. His actions were not his own, and in such cases the law counts it as not his fault.

How was Winter Soldier so fucking good but Civil War so fucking shit?

But he dindu nuffin, I mean for fucks sake he's been brainwashed

>44.37 GB
I'll wait for YIFY thanks.

Winter Soldier was only alright because the Cap was never hopelessly outclassed.

He was matched against a villain he could deal with, and one with emotional impact. Sadly this emotional impact was mainly linked to the character and not to the audience. I personally didn't give two shits about Bucky, but clearly Rogers did.

That being said, in Civil War and even the Avengers they put the Cap up against things his powers just shouldn't rationally be able to deal with.

Cool pasta pleb

I did as well. I really liked Jesse Eisenberg's performance as well as Ben Affleck's. I have issues with BvS, but Civil War just bored me. Despite being cohesive and full of action and characters I like doing things all the time, I didn't really care about for it. It felt like I didn't have much time to really be invested at all in any one aspect of it, because I was constantly whisked away to someone else where as I felt fully invested in BvS. I will say to Civil War's credit that they handled that many characters well. I just don't think it's even worth doing a movie with such a large cast unless it's something like Ocean's 11.

Jesus.