Computer wont turn on after power cut

Computer wont turn on after power cut.

What could be the issue? It turns on(fans, lights etc) but it wont display anything on the screen (screen works), the usb gives out power so i dont think its the psu or motherboard.

The other thing is, the keyboard that was connected to it no longer works.

Any help?

Try another display output?

MODS

What is power diagnostic? Also thanks user

Are you joking? Yes name is monroe, shes like mid 20s

reboot in safe mode

It wont post. No bios screen, no beeps etc.

It gets power though, and the usbs still works so for that reason i don't think it would be motherboard or psu.

Also it has on-board graphics so its not the gpu (its my mothers pc, built it for her a few years ago)

dont you have diagnostic codes on your mobo?
if keyboard doesnt work, what's the chance it wasnt just a power cut but surge that fried your shit?

sometimes stupid shit like disassembling and reassembling (memory, whatever's in PCI slots, etc) helps. it's voodoo, but...

Serious reply. Try removing all RAM and rebooting with only one stick in. If that works, try the other as well. This has worked for me in a similar situation.

MOOOOODS

Have surge protection plugs on all sockets.

And ill check now for codes

Unplug the power cord from the pc and from the socket. Then replug it.

also cleaning the dust after removing it, before reinserting.

Does the motherboard have a small battery? Replace it if it does.

this helps sometimes, depending on mobos.
i had one pc that completely refused to boot, chaning the cr2032 battery solved it.

Check the motherboard light. Then check video card (if you have integrated graphics just pop out the card).

Make sure everything except power is unplugged and flick the PSU button off for a bit then try.

>(if you have integrated graphics just pop out the card)
wait, what?

I had a similar issue when I built my first PC.
I simply removed the video card, connected through the onboard mobo graphics output, uninstalled and reinstalled the vidya card drivers, then put the vidya card back it.
It worked fine after that

He means that if he has integrated graphics and a graphics card to just remove the card and go with the integrated for testing.

I think user meant to say dedicated graphics card?

this sounds more like trouble with no display, not "no POST, no beeps, no nothing".

also a few years ago it was entirely possible you had to flash a new BIOS because many mobos were only PCIE 2.x-compliant, but BIOS update made them work with PCIE 3.0. but that's not OP's case.

oh i thought that he wants to "pop out" the integrated card...
well, you could still remove the CPU I guess, but...

That's what I thought of when I saw no bios but power works.

In my experience with issues like the OP describes, it's either the battery or the motherboard is fucked.

do it OP

I had the same issue, even tho it fired up it turned out to be my psu.

A BIOS battery shouldn't cause this problem. You can boot without any battery being installed. You'll just have to configure the CMOS each time, because the settings aren't saved.

I think the answer, OP, is basically that you have to kill yourself.

Also, TOP ZOZZLE!

well had a guy with dying PSU, everything worked cause most rails worked fine, just his drives couldnt spin up. the ssd worked fine, though.
so yeah, it's not like PSU either completely works or not.

that's not exactly right. as i said, i had a superold dell optiplex gx240 (240? not sure) and that guy would not even start booting (did beep, though) without me replacing its battery.

The best test is to strip it down to just CPU, one stick of RAM and video (if you have integrated, just use that). Remove all cards and unplug power from all drives. If you can't get to the BIOS screen with that, then it's likely the MOBO.

Dell always used customized bullshit, even nonstandard power connections. I wouldn't use that as an example.

If the CMOS settings got fucked up somehow removing the battery will reset everything to defaults.

Sounds like OP got rekt by a power surge though.

I have a good surge protector but I still always unplug all my important electronics when it storms. Better to go without for an hour or so than lose equipment and have to go without for days or weeks.

Removing the battery AND unplugging the power. But my point wasn't that it's a CMOS issue. I was just saying that I don't think it's a battery issue, because usually that will just result in a reset CMOS. You'll still be able to boot to the BIOS screen.

hot girl

abre.ai/cp-2017

>Removing the battery AND unplugging the power.

Well yea, obviously you would unplug it before opening the case and sticking your hand in to pop the battery out.

So OP, are you done yet?