Is there a worse scene than late 80s early 90s British indie? This sort of twee, jangle pop tripe is fucking atrocious

Is there a worse scene than late 80s early 90s British indie? This sort of twee, jangle pop tripe is fucking atrocious

This thread is definitely going places.

There's few great albums, but there's a very solid single culture that made for some good compilations.

Tracks like Nothing To Be Done, Velocity Girl, There Must Be a Better Life and Everyone Thinks He Looks Daft are all classics.

straight to the archive

thanks for the bump. the smiths suck btw, all of the songs sound the same

>There's few great albums
Pic related is a classic though.

I'm going to keep spamming OPs threads with random Twee thoughts until the fucker deletes it.

Pic related is the best Wedding Present album, although they are more or less removed from the scene by this point. Not that anyone knows the specifics of the scene or even cares.

You actually like George Best, you know it. Also Seamonsters is even better.

it sucks, it's uninspired musically and lyrically, it all sounds the same. fucking schlock

Have you listened to Seamonsters?

It's quite different to George Best, which highlights aside I can understand you thinking is uninspired and repetitive.

It still blows my mind that a jangle pop band managed to work with this man.

You take that back, now

Who does Morrissey make music for? I think you have to be either a girl, a fag, or just a a low T effeminate man to enjoy the smiths.

i'm a pansexual gay he-female

I'm humasexual

mid 2010s vaporwave and post-internet scenes

The Soft Boys were pretty good. Same with Orange Juice

wrong

OH WHY DOES HE

Also first for High Land, Hard Rain best album of the 80's

I think you're onto something here

Agreed, though I wouldn't call it twee, more noise pop. Still, one of the greatest albums ever made IMO, a merging of jangly British indie and American post-hardcore. The crooning is fantastic, the lyrics are masterful, and the pounding drums and noisy guitar are great as well.

This scene is actually notably great. The Pastels, The House of Love, The Mighty Lemon Drops, Shop Assistants, The Stone Roses... it was a beautiful sound, and totally DIY (and mostly very lo-fi). In my opinion it's a perfect counterpart to other creative movements in indie at the time, like noise rock and emocore in the US, and anarcho-punk and crust punk in the UK.
OP is a cunt.

Shoegaze was good though.

>tfw mtf tranny and like the smiths
Are you onto something, user?

Lol no