Is this a dream? Are we finally /2009/ again where everything was better in life?

Is this a dream? Are we finally /2009/ again where everything was better in life?

/our guys/ are delivering us one more last goodbye game.

How fucking hyped are you Sup Forums?

nadal is gonna wreck federer into retirement

>It's a Nadal crushes Fed's bh until he wins episode

Worst match-up of the big 4 by far.

>big 4

Nice meme. There is only 2 big guys in the current men's tennis generation and they will meet on sunday finally again.

I miss my youth guys :_(

there ARE only 2 big guys, and neither of them made the semis

Djokobic BTFO'd

This is not clay.

I feel privileged that I lived to see this tennis era.

The matchup is still one sided on non-clay courts.

>Nadal leads the outdoor hard courts (8–2)

It's not Fed's backhand that has undone him against Rafa on hardcourts in the past, it's his lack of mental strength when playing against Rafa. Rafa fights for every ball like a rabid dog and I think this has been a shock to Federer since the beginning of their rivalry. Federer is used to being able to blast winners when he wants on hardcourts but it doesn't work against Rafa. Federer has always been legit scared to play against Rafa because of this.

It's true. Let's see if tomorrow Federer proves different. He hasn't played him in a while and Nadal looks shitty.

Federer v Nadal is basically Ali vs Frazier of our generation

It's a bad matchup for the GOAT but he can win

The big 2 (Nadal-Fed) are bigger than Djok and Murray ever will be. Their rivalry is bigger than any other.

Also, crazy to think they haven't met in a Grand Slam final since rg 2011

>Also, crazy to think they haven't met in a Grand Slam final since rg 2011
Nadal has been shit that's why

Grigor can be a legit top 3 player if he maintains his 2017 form

I hope he got this shit together now. If he's able to play like today he is going to be top 5.

I never thought I'd get to say this, but he will be. Vallverdu has done miracles for him. Grigor used to be a mental midget and seemed to have no game plan but that seems to have completely changed. He was mentally solid as a rock against Rafa and played intelligent attacking tennis.

Not sure if he has the consistency, but definitely deserves a Slam title.

Checked and confirmed. Fed lacked mental strength in the past. He's more humble and focused after his vacation. Fed2.0 will finish with 40 slams before he retires and will have a winning against Nadal.

Hairy Pete and Andre was more entertaining

Grigor is modtier but showed the most composure from all the top 20. Raonic is better, even Isner and janowicz, but dimitri's mindset is much better. He had the champions mind for this AO. Too bad fedal are goats, or he might have won this slam.

He definitely has to do something about his shot reliability. It's been one of the key differences between him and Nadal in this match. Almost as many UE as winners, that's never good.

>2000 was 48 years ago

I, for once, am very happy and excited to watch a Grand slam final. No more of the doping slav, and the mong with the crooked teeth.

DO you guys think this is an anomaly? Or is tennis coming back to what it should be?

>2 has-beens get a match for the last time

I don't follow tennis and I was under the impression that Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Andy Murray were still the four best players in the world.

FUARK BREH IM SO HYPED FOR THIS
I met Nadal 2005 in Stuttgart and followed his entire career since he was 16 years old...

If Fed takes it this won't be the last GS final they see each other.

If nadal crushes him (as it happened most of the time) fed is retiring this year

Anomaly.

On another note why has been the timeline until 2010 and 2011ish the best of your lifes? Not just tenniswise... I mean in general everyone that I have met who is now in their mid to end 20s peaked during this time and was happy...

Nadal is smelling blood.

Sorry to crush you Fedelelfans, but Nadal won't lose the title match, especially not against Federer.

I bet if it weren't Federer in the Finals, he would have lost the match against Grigor.

I was still too innocent, that's the only reason I was happier.

>Andy Murray is the first ever #1 ranked British player

2010 was already very shit though.

March-april 2008 was when the good times officially ended, and to this day we're still living in that perpetual state of shittyness we call the world

Will Frauderer try to steal Noidal's moment and break down in tears again like he did last time?

FYI

Nadal has 2 days off, which is enough.
More than that is actually not that good, because you might actually lose your rhythm.

Watched the highlights again, and I really do doubt that Federer will play on Dimitry's level consistently throughout the match.

Go and cry

Most probably

But the Fedelelfans will be crying and gonna an hero for sure.

Seeing all the tears here will be glorious.

This.

>this butthurt

Fed literally has a losing record against Djokovic, and nothing you can say will change that. Murray is definitely 4th but is the best of the lot for now. It's a bg 4 no matter what.

>I haven't watched tennis for 3 years

Playing like today he can be what he wants.

>Nadal has 2 days off, which is enough.

No he doesn't. Are you retarded?

He just has a whole day.

Incredibly hyped. Most likely the last fedal final we'll see

I don't agree. Djokovic and Murray chase down everything too, and Fed's had plenty of success against them. Rafa will serve it to Fed's high backhand 98% of the time, putting him behind in the point almost immediately, and he'll use the cross court forehand to pin Fed on his backhand. He's the only guy that consistently get to Fed's weakness thanks to his loopy, lefthanded strokes.

To be honest, both Djokovic and Muzza topped the ranking after Nadal and Fed started their decline.
Djokovic is clearly the 3rd of the Big Three but there were never 4, no matter how the british forced that meme.

People who like Nadal must hate tennis. He has the ugliest fucking game on the tour. Just moonballs like a nigger on crack.

Fuck off Ahmed

Fuck off Ahmed

Will Federer start crying again if he loses?

>you now remember Wimbledon 2008

who /rafa/ here?

2009 sucked unless you were a kid I guess

fed doesn't ever want to retire

me
2009 was great, I lost my virginity in the summer back then and I didn't suffer depression back then

>Murray
Del Potro would be the 4th if he weren't made of glass, Murray is just there to fill the quota

Murray is there on merit, whether you agree or not, you silly coke fiend.

I think he meant more like 48hours or so off.

Huh

I hope Federer wins.

HYPED HYPED HYPED HYPED HYPED FUUUUUCK

Its like everyone is forgetting nadal is clay court GOAT and Fed hard court GOAT

Aussie is on hard court

Deal with it roidal fags

Yes, now look at their H2H on hard courts.

>fed didnt win a slam in 2011

odd

Fed won't retire till he can't make quarters/semis consistently.

I am really not sure how this is going.

Federer took an injury timeout in the wawrinka match but I think he literally said he did it for bants. But does he have a groin injury? I might have seen that somewhere.

Will nadal be tired if the verdasco match in 2009 didn't affect him in the final? Or is old age affecting him now?

Also they have barely played since nadal's huge decline after French open 2014. Federer won their only match, though it was on a fast indoor court.

Federer looked weak as hell in the AO 2014 semi final but I think this may be an exception. The court looked slow as hell in the 2009 final compared to now.

And now is when you realize that Nadal beats Federer by 3-0 in Australia.