Hi bros

Hi bros,

Thinking about trying runescape because I want to try a new mmo. Any thoughts on it or tips? Looks pretty good imo

rs3? HAHAHAH FAGGOT

It's not bad, the combat is pretty interactive and fun once you get in to it. The downside is the pvp is really shit, few people do it and the learning curve is huge.

Good time killer and the market is easy as fuck to make money from.

Was pretty cool when I played it in 2001

I used to play old school but idk. It's getting kind of boring I think. Right now I'm just killing lumby cows for gp then once I get like base 20 stats what do? Quest?

You're just about 10 years too late to enjoy real RS

As someone who's toon hits it's 10 year old mark in 3 months, the game is alot of fun, but the majority of the fun comes from learning the tips and tricks for yourself and doing all the quest. Once u figure out the absolute best way to do Everything, the game feels more like a grind than anything. At which point you need to make your own fun. Or start a membership.

Hm ok. I think im going to quest ty

its fun but it takes a long time for it to start to get fun, you have to train your stats and there is no other way to progress other than to grind and repeat. dont play rs3 that game is shit, play the 2007 game

Get a membership anyway it's much better

If youre a member, go do things like waterfall quest for mad combat xp. Easy way to level. Also do slayer early.

Play Old School Runescape. RS3 is shite compared to OSRS.

Play old school runescape it's better

I feel free to play rs3 is just a socializing game. You go near the grand exchange and talk to ppl

OSRS master race here, Right now working on 150M for ancestral set(max mage), afterwards I can shit on people with ice barrage max mage.

I started playing Wow like 5 days ago. It's been pretty fun especially with a friend. Get that 300% exp bonus :)

Can u hook a nigga up with 500k?

Just do an hour of green drags man you have it in no time and it's much more rewarding.

u can mine that in iron ore in literally 45mins to an hour at the place near the magic tree in front of the tower since no one mines there and the bank is like a min away

>OSRS
You mean the faggots of Runescape. Also shitty stats too.

I think you mean >>>>>>>>>>>rs3

No faggot. Old School is the faggot of Runescape through and through.

I don't even play this shitty game anymore
But you are so fucking wrong its unbelievable
Here's your (You)

The only people who prefer OSRS are nostalgia fags and shitty streamers.

Underage b&

newfag detected

take your shitty You meme with you when I slam to door in your face faggot.

OSRS players defiantly.

>preferring the new, better version of a game makes you underaged and also a newfag
wew lad

yeah, quest your ass off. in fact, you should go for quest cape first, all the rewards and unlocked shit really open the game up

It's pretty shitty actually. Nice try though.

Gotta be a member to play 2/3rs of the game

I made a skiller after my main got banned like 2 weeks ago. Going pretty well so far.

I tried rs3 for the first time in years the other day, not as bad as I remembered it being. Honestly I do like rs3 but prefer oldschool.

I am playing Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction again
havent played it for about 5 or 6 years.
Still fucking awesome
Path of Exile is also pretty fucking cool

How do you make money from the market?

Runescape as a whole is a shitty boring grindfest, OSRS is just worse. Prove me wrong.

i have good memories all i can say is that the delay in movement and actions sucks but the game as a whole is very rewarding and close to the ultima mmo experience. rs3 was very jarring for me and that story is bananas

If you actually played the old school version in its prime, you'd know that it's objectively better.

Why not try Blck Desert online? Its like a mix of archage and dynasty warrior

Jarring in what way? It's the same base game with updated graphics, an improved combat system, and more skills. I can't comment on how bad the story is because I don't bother reading it.

Actually played in 2007, nice try though.

I'm telling my mom on u for calling me a fagot u jerk
It's like the old WoW/new WoW argument, new doesn't mean better

>to door
dumbledore*

I got you bro!

you just reminded me of Path to Exile, installing it on the new comp now, was a really sick game, plus the talent tree is what I've always wanted in an RPG

Your mother is a bigger cunt than you
The only thing you have is autism.

it is goddamn complex, but thats the fun of it if you ask me.
besides there are tons of guides out there you can use.
I still prefer Diablo2 LoD, you should really check that out too. Community is small, but has grown again since the last two years.

its heyday is long past, dont bother
majority of content is either dead or full of bots
all the new skills are goldsinks with no real reward
oddly resource intensive despite being java

>only thing you have is autism
still better then being a potato

This, set your goals on completing quests. Meanwhile also try to do the achievement diaries. Don't grind to grind, level stats if you need them for a specific quest. If you check the Wiki you can see what stats you exactly need to do all quests. In addition there are some guides floating out there that give you the best order to do quests in (based on their rewards).

But in general play for the quests. Runescape is one of the few if not only MMO's out there that has fantastic quests. Enjoy the stories the game can offer you.

So you are a potato with autism. Never thought it was possible but here you are.

the combat overhaul wasn't something i enjoyed, and the ui isn't my cup of tea. its all personal preference things. i vaguely remember not liking the dragon weapon changes too

all opinion based

damn! the angry teenager got me now!
You earned yourself a special picture, just four you boi!

The combat can be changed back to the old OSRS style if you want. I just always thought it was too basic, and the inclusion of skills that actually do something was a nice touch. Also you can move the UI around to have it just about anywhere, unless it was the design itself you thought was ugly which is just preference I guess.

I do not want anything from someone who spreads their already low IQ even further.

>spreads their already low IQ
I am only spreading the word of all our Laaaaawd!

I'm talking about 2002-2005

Try Tibia instead

curious about this also

Osrs is better personally
But its your choice

Do quests, the rs have a good lore.

You can still sell osrs accounts for a bomb you know

Holly fuck runescape is full 3d now?

>2007
So you haven't played the real game

Yeah you got me there, I wasn't playing Runescape when it first came out. Doesn't detract from the fact that the only reason you're defending it is nostalgia.

>OSRS is also known as 07scape
>y-you haven't played the real game!!

You can't say I'm only defending for nostalgia if you haven't experienced what I'm talking about.

I do have nostalgia for it because it was objectively the best incarnation of the game, but I can also safely say that I don't because it was objectively the best incarnation of the game. All the magic, all the charm of the game gradually vanished as they kept updating it, and it was completely gone by EOC. I feel sorry for you because you never got to experience the game at it's peak.

Too bad OSRS isn't 2002-2005 Runescape, because you can't replicate "the experience" you talk about. If you want the community back, and how things felt back then, they don't exist anymore. Things change, the game got better. From a new player's perspective, RS3 is the definitive version unless you buy into the "OSRS is the best ever, play it instead" meme.

I agree. OSRS is simply a nostalgia rehash. I played it heavily for about a month when you still had to pay for it like 2 years ago or whenever it was that they released it. There is no community anymore. It was a nostalgia playthrough for me, but it's a waste of time in the end.

The problem I face is that the original RS2 made such a strong impression on me as a kid that I've never experienced anything as good in my life since then. I'm 25 now. I don't think I'll ever be that happy again.