I'm a psychologist, I want to answer your questions and talk to you guys. Because, how do you really, really feel...

I'm a psychologist, I want to answer your questions and talk to you guys. Because, how do you really, really feel? Are you feeling alone alot, are you happy with yourself? What are ur ambitions in life?

Talk to me!

Other urls found in this thread:

lowlatentinhibition.org/what-is-lli/
youtu.be/aAhA7KfbJgg
mixcloud.com/governor-burroughs/songs-in-the-key-of-house-volume-4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why would we want to tell our problems to a naked dr phil though?

I can imagine ppl being really fucked up browsing this shit all day

Thought it would be a funny pic, but your'e right. Bit immature, but still, I'm really curious about you guys happiness and life.

Doesnt have to be problems tho

Fair enough.

Today i am very happy,but ive noticed my moods always constantly go up and down. 1 week ill feel really upbeat,then ill go through mini depression spouts.

Probably not usual, im guessing?

What makes a day a good day, or a good week? What do you do when you are in a minor depression?

I recently came across an article describing low latent inhibition and the way it described it fits me pretty well.
Is it just a meme word for autism? I think I might be borderline, haven't got round to speaking to my GP about it yet

A good day/week for me is when i get a chance to go out and socialize,or release my pent up energy by creating something (painting,making music,etc) If im not doing those things, i literally feel super bored and frustrated. Then it leads to feeling depressed,or confused since im not doing anything.

When im in a minor depression i either drink wine by myself,and stay in my room to read.

Autism, borderline and LTI is smth completely different, what of the article did you recognize urself in?

lowlatentinhibition.org/what-is-lli/

Why not? It worked for Oprah.

LMAO touche.

So doing nothing, or no social or creative things, makes you feel depressed. But can you get used to the idea that sometimes it's really good te do these things? Reading and drinking some wine on your own sounds great! What kind of expectations do you have of yourself?

I guess you are under 30? Because alot of young ppl feel they have to do alot of things to 'fit in' and feel good about themselves. What are the reasons you sometimes don't do these things like paining or music? Is it energy? Or no friends/ppl to do it with?

How do I quit hardcore drug addiction on my own? I've been doing anything I can get my hands on for 9 years. Haven't spend a day sober for the last 3.

I have my close circle of friends, and I'm pretty happy with myself. Not completely happy, but content I guess, shit could be much worse, and I can't really blame myself for my circumstances. I'm here pretty much every day, lurking. I'm diagnosed with a scary mental illness, but I'm doing fine in that regard, can even hold down a 50% job, but still recieve neet bux on top of my meager salary.
I guess I'm talking to you because my psychiatrist thinks I'm doing so fine he only wants to see me again in two months, and I miss talking to her already..
So here's a question: why didn't you become a psychiatrist OP? Weren't you smart enough for medschool? Did you really choose to become a psychologist? Don't you like money or respect?
Just kidding you seem alright..

It was actually that one. It applies in that I notice little things in my environment and actively think about them and try and understand them. For example, I'll see say a light bulb and the thought process would be to recognise the individual bits of it (glass, metal bit at the bottom, filament, gas inside), ask why they're there and what they do, then wonder how the bits were made. It's a bit difficult to break down, usually that sort of thought train will last about 10- 30 seconds, depends on the situation.

The autism thing is cause I've done a few tests and come up as borderline on a few of them

Absolutely!!!!!!!

Im trying to calm my mind with meditation instead of drinking. Its slowly helping me realize i dont always need to be "on the go" or doing something,but my mind is still hella active.

I have expectations to be a touring dj.

Yes im under 30 (27 years old)

Sometimes i dont create anything due to my work schedule. I work 10 hours shift,so its hard to find the time i used to have to paint and make music. Another aspect is im not always the most organized person,so i dont ever set a strict schedule for when i work on projects.

First question, why on your own?
Don't you have family, friends, ppl around you to help you? What is the reason of using? You feel alone, you like the thrill? What would your life look like if you'd quit tomorrow?

Alot of my clients are drug addicts, heroin, cocain, everything. Most times it has to do with problems in self-image and self efficacy. It's really really hard, maybe impossible to stop on ur own. So the best thing is to make yourself a decision, find a professional in the phonebook or online and make urself go there!

I was addicted when i was 23, to speed and weed. I've quit in 1 day. Because it takes 1 day to just don't take it. But the next day is hard, the day after even harder and it stays hard. But youve gotta find something that will replace the feeling of using. For me its: sports, arts, meeting ppl, multiple things. Just take urself seriously, if you want to quit, stop talking, start working! Give urself till like new years eve to not use anything, youre a real boss if you make it, make urself proud!

forgot to add, the thing about the mind treating familiar stimuli as new stimuli feels like it applies quite well. My mind is very rarely not doing that sort of thing. I really appreciate music cause it gives me something in particular to focus on and I can mentally deconstruct it to amuse myself

How many psychologists does it take to change a light bulb?

youtu.be/aAhA7KfbJgg

You seem like a hard working cool dude with alot of potential and ambition. You just can't handle pr do more then 100%, you work hard. You have a creative mind (think about Dali, rockstars etc.), which makes it harder to keep calm and happy. You always need the thrill, I guess. Easy to dissapoint urself, but completely unnessecary.

You are doing great, but u just have an active mind! Find balance in things, and become the dj on da road man. If you ever come to Holland I'll check your set out ;)

How do you find the equilibrium with being so emotional and sensitive to being apathetic?

Haha, I'm a normal dude, 30 years now. I'm from Holland, so it's a bit different then for example America.

I make enough money, im happy happy with that. I just really like to actively help ppl in their lives, not be a psychiatrist, who's only treating and describing. I work with alot of addicts, ppl with agression problems, ppl with mental illnesses, but also handicapped people and now also refugees.

I am noticing over time I'm becoming less attracted to women and more attracted to men. I'm not uncomfortable with my sexuality but I am confused. I had considered myself bisexual for a while but I'm starting to think that maybe I'm 100% faggot who has been socially conditioned into liking women.

Just because you already know that alot of bad things happen in the world. I've talked to alot of suicidal ppl and most of the times I do really get their feeling. But that doesnt mean it makes any difference in how I feel about my own life.

I was emotional only ones, that was when a parent was crying very hard, telling me he could'nt buy Christmas gifts for his children.

Thanks mate. Gonna do what i can to train my mind that it doesnt always have to be in work mode,and see how that goes.

Heres to hoping i get to check out Holland,and spin in a few of the clubs there. If i do come,this is a bit of my style.

mixcloud.com/governor-burroughs/songs-in-the-key-of-house-volume-4/

My only living close family are my grandparents and I don't want to involve them. They're too old and have their own issues.
Friends I have none, I used to when I was younger but as I grew more addicted lost all of them.
Also I'm so deep in debt that I can't afford professional help, in my country getting treatment for quitting is more expensive than getting high for 2 months straight.

On the reason of why I got hooked, I was an extreme beta loner growing up. Drugs helped me get out of my shell, later on stimulants got me through college and now I just take them to do most things.

I tried quitting a couple of times but my life fell apart immediately, on my last time quitting I lost my job and stop doing any of the things I enjoy. Nothing was fulfilling anymore, even sex became an unbearable chore. When I'm clean I'm mostly just sleep all day or sit on the computer watching movies until I can fall asleep again.

That's cool, sorry for the aggressive question, I just like to taunt people on here out of boredom. I have a real question now:

So seeing you're from holland and also a psychotherapist or psychologist.. What's your thought on psychodelic therapy? Like, incorporating something like shrooms or LSD into psychotherapy? Ever done that? Ever thought of doing that? I've read some articles about it and it seems to help against certain forms of depression, anxiety and trauma, in some cases at least. So what are your thoughts on that, and would it be legal for you to do that in holland?

So, maybe you are 100% gay? If you look in the mirror and you ask urself, who do you love, is it men of women, what is the answer?

You know and feel it, but you cannot accept it maybe. What's wrong with being attracted to men? Or maybe men and women? Is it a problem to face the facts, for example ur friends or family? Just turn down the thinking and listen to your feelings!

This thread is really cozy. Thanks OP.

Do you think taking psycadelics like shrooms and LSD in responsible doses/intervals can be therapeutic? If you still would not recommend it, what are your thoughts on more studies being done on the matter?

psychologist usually ask questions instead of answering random ones so they can better gauge their clients and get to t he bottom of what is really bothering them.
/thread

Now that's a good one!

I've did LSD, shrooms, almost every drugs in the mix even. Haha, I always say to ppl that the experiences for me are top 3 things in life, but also bottom 3.

It fucked me up, causing psychosis for like a year. I was scared to go out etc. It fucked up my brain, but that was because I was awake for 4 days straight, using alot of drugs. Would not recommend, had a good couple of days tho.

But for therapeutic use, I don't know man. I've heard good stories about Ayahuasca and CBD (oil from weed), but not from LSD or shrooms.

Absolutely, I think it helps you to step back from the hard and cold reality, which it is for some. It makes you see things differently, so your mind can ease a bit on new situations. With shrooms or LSD, I doubt it has long lasting results. But I do guess that natural drugs can help. Ive used these alot and thats why I studied Psychology!

I ask alot of questions and shit's free yeah

Hmmm, really hard to answer now. Can I ask u what ur using to feel better? What gives you the energy and power to do things?

Thank you for your response. I agree completely. I think psychologists serve the same purpose as a "trip" in a lot of ways. They try to lead you into viewing your problems from a different perspective.. at least from my experience.

Now I'm mostly doing coke, ritalin and adderall. Ocasionally meth and heroin but haven't done any for the last couple of months.

A lot of the people asking him questions and getting direct answers aren't asking for advice. Just general question and answer.

I have a tendency to start things and then get bored later on, my life is a long list of half finished disappointments and I'm worried that if I go with how I feel now I will grow to regret it.
I should mention that I have a girlfriend and I don't want to hurt her, especially if in the end I may come crawling back anyway.

Why do I like to play video games online naked