Is Sup Forums hyped for this?

Is Sup Forums hyped for this?

Not sure if hype is the right word, I think it has huge potential but I will be shocked if it can actually deliver. Wouldn't be surprised if it's TD S2 all over again

Why would I ever be hyped for a JJ project? I understand that his talent lies with working with actors but he effectively poisons every scifi property he touches from a setting and verisimilitude perspective. He is not our guy.

True Detective 2 was only "bad" because everyone compared it to season 1 instead of letting it stand on it's own.

For what it's worth, Ray Velcoro was almost as cool as Rust Cohle

>>J.J. Abrams

Nope. Kill it with fire.

>jew jew

no thanks

no

What's wrong with J.J.?

Most of Sup Forums doesn't even know what Westworld is. At best they know it from an eceleb

Ray was the only good part of TD 2

Then what do YOU think about it, buddy?

Not at all
>Program creators: Jonathan Nolan, J.J. Abrams

I don't even know what Westworld is

Why does that man have tits

No, it was Fat Pussy.

I'll check it out. One trailer looked ok

i am

>WestWorld
Oh shit, they're remaking Westworld that's aweso-
>series premier on HBO
Oh, so it's a series I guess that's oka-
>J.J. Abrams

I'll pass.

Jonathan Nolan is the talented Nolan.

J.J Abrams created Fringe, and that was amazing.

>Wouldn't be surprised if it's TD S2 all over again
So, actually brilliant?

Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins are based. Will watch the pilot for them if nothing else.

Does no one understand what an executive producer/co-creator is at this point? These days famous directors stick their name on anything they think looks cool to give it more visibility and take credit if it's successful. In terms of involvement, they have almost none at all.

Unironically yes

Stop making sense on this board.

I've only seen season 2 and it was terrible.

Wild west setting? No thanks.

Will Jimmi Simpson be able to stand alongside Richard Benjamin's character from the original?

>JJ Abrams

SJW crap shoehorned confirmed

It looks incredibly expensive.

Is this some Tool shit?

i'll watch it for jimmi simpson, ed harris and picrelated
but i don't have very high hopes

More hyped for The Young Pope tbqh, but I'll watch it.

Has potential I guess but I'm expecting 'cheap weekly cliffhangers'. Will likely be more true bloodish than hbo's better written dramas.

For you.

Definitely
>what is your drive?

Moderately. I'm not sure how it is going to be able to maintain itself as a serial though. Looks promising but then again, what doesn't in a half competent trailer?

Is the part of the first trailer where Jimmi Simpson walking through the corridors meant to be when he's escaping the Gunslinger?

It's a Johnathan Nolan project, and with an amazing track to boot.

Im going to wait until tv tells me what to think about it .

Isn't there another one, Jonah or something, and supposedly he's even better than Jonathan?

JJ's just a producer on this one. They got the team from Person of Interest heading this up. Looks promising and might make up for the trainwreck that was Vinyl.

>Vinyl
>Bad

Well if defending J.J Adams didn't prove you're a pleb this sure did.

He not defending him. JJ doesn't seem to have much or if it all creative role in this. Jonathan Nolan is the creative force behind it.

>Person of Interest
I hope one of the female characters has to consistantly have different cute outfits to hide her identity, like in PoI

Yul Brynner was fucking terrifying as the Gunslinger. Ed Harris looks too friendly, which is the first time that's ever been said about Ed Harris.

just saw the original, it was great, no remake will ever do it justice

on another note, abrams love doing female leads so this will be pure shit

Except for the last season.

How would it work as a tv show?

Isnt Westworld just Jurassic Park?

Well it's only been greenlit for one season for 10 episodes so far.

Clearly more time setting up Westworld as a theme park and more time about surviving it when the robots go haywire.

they can spend more time showing how the park works and properly building up the eventual robocalypse with the subtle hints of the park's control of the robits slowly breaking down,that was missing a bit from the movie since they had to just info dump that shit in you. And hopefully you also get more survivors and their pov this time around.

Have medievalworld and romeworld been confirmed?

They're called "Game of Thrones" and "Rome".

it was fine for the movie, made it feel more realistic

can't make westworld without those

That tag line is pretty cringy desu.

Are they only doing the Wild West area? No Medieval or Roman Land?

Also the film is shit but the idea of the film was interesting so this might be okay.

just saw
Im retarded Film is still shit though

Yes vinyl was bad
I was hoping the opposite then they let me down