Nothing new under the sun

In 1612, Damián Fonseca wrote about the reasons that had made necessary the urgent expulsion of the moriscos (Moors that converted to christianity -on paper- in Spain, after the reconquest):

"The numbers were increasing in Spain much more than the number of Spaniards, and so, although at that time they were many fewer, good arithmetic tells us that within a few centuries they would be the majority because they married before they were twenty years old, their numbers were not reduced by wars, the Indies, the garrisons of Flanders and Italy, neither in their race were there friars or nuns or devout people, and it was rare to find a cleric among them. They all multiplied like rabbits, and for that reason it would not be surprising if they were to double their number every ten years; that being so, of every thousand there will be more than a million in a hundred years (...) now you can see what power would be needed to resist them, notably if they found us careless and unprepared."

Does that ring any bells?

Other urls found in this thread:

bdh-rd.bne.es/viewer.vm?id=0000052001&page=1
books.google.com/books?id=g2LPBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA148&lpg=PA148&dq=1612, Damián Fonseca&source=bl&ots=_WbENmEHOK&sig=yta2_FOYQzzFLrIPSUYhkRgAO2o&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjSst_t7tfMAhUNzmMKHfmsCBMQ6AEIKzAD#v=onepage&q=Damián Fonseca&f=false
youtube.com/watch?v=r1-syDxWE0I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck we were so based then

I predict this thread will die

source? I want to learn more.

The inquisition didndu nuffin wrong.

Every thread does

Mfw dads ancestry is from spain. My last name is Fonseca. Mfw he married a half jew half black woman. Mfw no face cucked

>Google the quoted text for source
Moran

what was it like back then? did the muslims live with the spaniards? did they integrate at all? speak the language? they did race mix to some extent, right?

What I posted has been quoted in many history books about this topic. It is originally of the "Iusta Expulsion de los Moriscos de España : con la instruccion, apostasia, y traycion dellos : y respuesta á las dudas que se ofrecieron acerca desta materia" by the already mentioned Damián Fonseca.

I don't think it has been translated, but here you can see it photographed:

bdh-rd.bne.es/viewer.vm?id=0000052001&page=1

The moriscos were """""christians"""". They were closet muslims,and were mostly farmers. They got kicked and BTFO after conspiring with the ottomans.

>did the muslims live with the spaniards?
Yeah, but they were frowned upon. I think they were called "New christians"
>Did they integrate at all
It was that or the noose
>Speak the language
They were in Spain, they had to.
>They did race mix to some extent
Somewhat. As I said, they were generally frowned upon, but I'm sure there was the rare exception who didn't mind.

I found a book about it on google books

books.google.com/books?id=g2LPBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA148&lpg=PA148&dq=1612, Damián Fonseca&source=bl&ots=_WbENmEHOK&sig=yta2_FOYQzzFLrIPSUYhkRgAO2o&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjSst_t7tfMAhUNzmMKHfmsCBMQ6AEIKzAD#v=onepage&q=Damián Fonseca&f=false

Our nation has been forged against them. They were the incarnation of Satan for us. Liberals have been trying to push the propaganda of the "3 cultures (christians, jews, muslims) living in peace in Spain" in order to make Spaniards more "tolerant" with immigration and progressivism.

When we finished the reconquest, we profited on some of their skills (architecture, medicine), but it was that. Profiting from the remains of your enemy, never friends.
You could say that there are some Arab remains in Spain, but never Islamic.

Race mixing probably didn't occur until the few moriscos that managed to escape the expulsion and the "limpieza de sangre" (blood cleansing) managed to somehow "melt" in the nation, erasing his/her past.

The moriscos, initially not completely removed, were the moors that we let stay in Spain after they had converted to Christianity. But of course that was only on paper. They kept all they filthy habits and culture, and would revolt if they had the chance to. Which is what this thread is about.

What a redpill

How do you look? (curiosity)

>"3 cultures (christians, jews, muslims) living in peace in Spain"
>tfw my entire city is about that
I was laughing like a madman when they told me that, and I was just a little shit then

Which city?
I'm from Barcelona. Proud competitors with Sweden sure we are.
About 20% of the population here is non-spanish immigrant.
I'm not sure how many of those are africans but anyway, latinamericans and romanians aren't much better.

Alcala de Henares, pretty important stronghold on the reconquista. All the old neighbourhoods are even marked where suposedly the muslims, the jews and the christians lived
Which is funny, since the question I asked years later was
>"Then, the only way to live in peace is if everyone lives in it's own designated neighbourhood and don't mix out?"
Made the professors pretty butthurt.

It's common sense
I will have fun killing the leftists who destroyed our countries eventually

off topic, but are the extramadurians white as the galicians, or their phenotype resembles to andalusians?

Almost every Spaniard is white, but since we have a fuckton of sun we're generally also tanned. Don't let the memes fool you.

i know that most of spaniards are white, but you can sure tell that theres a difference between north spaniards and south spaniards.
the blonde rate is a good way of showing this.
plus, pedro for instance, motherfucker looks he came direct from cabul.

So we really have to eradicate them or they will try again and again until they succeed and we are all dead? Is that the moral of the story?

kek. I can imagine them, angry, wide-eyed, with no rational answer to give.

I thought Breivik wasn't allowed internet access...

>plus, pedro for instance, motherfucker looks he came direct from cabul.
kek
Well, theorically, you're right. If that person has dark hair, they have more chances of being born in Andalucia rather than Navarra
That said, we're not that big, so the difference is actually pretty small.
They even kicked me or three days and made me write a paper about how good the muslims were here in Spain
Of course, I tried to be objective
:^)

Well... The moral of the story is, at least, that we can't trust them and we should give them any chance. Many westerners believe that all the world is "as nice as us" and that if they aren't, it's not that they are bad, just "misguided", "oppresed"...

we should not give them any chance*

Why is the thread dying? Sup Forums is now /trump/ ?

Where have I seen this before?

It's the same shit all over again

another one

Bix nood

Isn't a part of Spain still ruled by Great Britain

>2016
>parts of Your country ruled by others

Toppest kek

How are you dealing with the fire, Spain?

tfw you realize black people are a virus

Didn't know about it. I'm sure it will be o.k.
They have already evacuated a lot of people, and if anyone is injured, our public health services is usually decent.

Perhaps it is time to throw the niggers in. Isn't that what they do in their niggerdoms?

>then
IT'S UP TO YOU TO MAKE IT BASED NOW
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Now the average Southern Spaniard has 20% Moorish DNA

Cucked

Now the Mezitos you created are invading America

Cuckin' in the Free World

The waking of matamoros.

>tfw watched pocahontas with my little cousin
>mfw this part came

youtube.com/watch?v=r1-syDxWE0I

That's what I was told when I was in Cordoba and Malaga and Granada. It makes sense that people cluster in neighborhoods where they can be close to their place of worship. I thought the point of Al-Andalus was la Convivencia -- the whole idea that you could have religious pluralism with political harmony and a strong economy. I thought it was meant to be like Ancient Rome, where they had a rigorous system of law that kept order and people could pursue whatever belief system they wanted. It's basically an earlier version of Laïcité, which is what Western countries are sill struggling in put in place properly.

I'm Australian and am genuinely curious to get some Spanish perspective on this. Also, I fucking love your food and wine. Congrats!