What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(series_9)#Critical_reception
youtube.com/watch?v=unORPOtavqM
youtube.com/watch?v=YaLficIRInM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Either JNT or RTD. Take your pick of the era you want to speak about.

Honestly, I think it's been great lately, it's had a good momentum since Capaldi.

Liberals

Fuck knows what happened during series 6 & 7. Apparently there was a major falling out between the 2 executive producers, one series was possibly cancelled/postponed, and the stories were rushed to the point of blink and you'd miss a big plot point. A shame, because Matt Smith had potential to become a great Doctor.

Thankfully, things seem to have improved (overall) since Brian Minchin took over as co-EP.

"Doctor Who's ninth series received critical acclaim, and was hailed by many critics as the show's best season to date."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(series_9)#Critical_reception

But season 9 was all cancer apart from that one GOAT episode

Moffat

This sounds about right. I also wish Smith got more than one good season.

I really liked Series 9. I hope they keep this momentum, honestly.

the only bad episode was sleep no more

i hated this putty faced kid
had to force myself through his run

There was only one episode of series 9 that I disliked.

The other episodes ranged from very good at worst to one that is now topping many fans' favorite lists.

Ecclestone left. And the Doctor went from being a weird, interesting and appropriately badly damaged character to a hipster-chic cartoon designed solely to make teenage geek-girls moist.

season 9 was pretty good desu, capaldi really came into his own and it was much better than the absolutely slap your mum in the face terrible season 8.

Got better IMO.

Its more Adult. Darker, less childish slapstick comic relief moments from the Doctor.

Really what went wrong, is you. Time to grow up.

RTD era > Moffat era
Thank god he's leaving after season 10
hope the new showrunner tries to make the daleks a threat again

this
Eccleston was the best NuWho doctor
Capaldi is a close second
Tennant was decent
and Smith was a little bit cringey

youtube.com/watch?v=unORPOtavqM

Wtf are you talking about, its gradually got more and more childish since Moffat took over.

Capaldi was great in series 9, especially in the fan favorite Doctor-only episode. Few actors have the charisma and talent to carry an entire episode of a TV show almost on their own.

KINO

also
youtube.com/watch?v=YaLficIRInM
BRAVA MOFFAT

I have tried so hard to like NuWho but I just can't. It's rubbish and not in a good way like the classic series was.

you sure?

>Matt Smith above Tennant
why?
I found Tennant annoying at times, but far more charismatic and less pathetic than Smith

>why?
Because more people voted for Matt.

>being stalked by horrible burned time zombies of their alternate selves
nope
>clara snaps and tries to trap them on a fucking lava planet
nope
>a bunch of other grim shit because those are the only two i can think of right now
nope nope and nope

Hell no. Matt was great. His doctor was great. This youthful and energetic man who is this way to avoid the fact that he is old and worn. Capaldi is what we get because he accepted it and let himself be old and worn

Yeah I'm sure. Even that shit episode was better than the average modern episode.

>Fun fact I took part in that competition
>Thank fuck I didn't win

it existing

>absolutely slap your mum in the face terrible season 8.
Actually, I thought 8 was an improvement over 7. Started off with a bad episode, but ultimately I enjoyed it.

>I haven't actually watched in years

how to fix the show:
keep capaldi for a good many seasons
then bring back eccleston

>This youthful and energetic man who is this way to avoid the fact that he is old and worn.
Honestly... I've said this a lot of times before, but something about Matt Smith's performance always gave me the impression of an old man pretending to be a young man, rather than the reverse. I think that's what I liked most about him.

>bringing back anybody
Move on, goddamn. Even with rumors that Matt Smith might take the role again, I'm just thinking, "Why?"

Admittedly, I'd love to see more Eleven, (Big Finish yespls?) but it does us no good to take a step back, and I'd be a hypocrite for wanting it after bitching about the Tennant fans wanting him back.

Oh I watched it.

>My name is Stephen Moffat
>Oh no fem master popped out the screen and went boing.
>Its Galiffrey finally, but the Doctor is going to be a smug bastard and everyone is going to do what he says for some reason.
>Oh its immortal Arya from Game of Thrones who lives in that Street from Harry Potter
>What if... What if guys... The refugees were really Zygons.
>I clearly have a massive resentment to women, so I'm going to try and cover it up by making quirky Pet Characters, Sweetie.

And I used to think he was the best writer when RTD was in charge.

“I left Doctor Who because I could not get along with the senior people. I left because of politics. I did not see eye-to-eye with them. I didn’t agree with the way things were being run. I didn’t like the culture that had grown up around the series. So I left, I felt, over a principle."

>dickbag suits and shitty fanbase scared off the best Doctor

>And I used to think he was the best writer when RTD was in charge.
Because he had someone else to reign him in. RTD would probably have been better under someone else too.

That was his schtick. Tennant was the one who couldn't let go. Smith was the one who forgets. He runs from his past and forgets because he doesn't want to deal with it. Beneath the energy he's tired. It got pointed out a lot. Every now and then someone would bring up how his eyes looked old, or that he looked tired

If your going to bring back anyone, it should be Based Paul Mcgann.

Tennant was ok, but I wouldn't count him as one of my favorite Doctors.

His best performance was in Midnight, which is also my favorite RTD written episode.

His inconsistent characterisation and his Dick Van Dyke mockney accent always put me off.

Moffat going senile

>tfw you realize he spent more than half of his life as Matt Smith.
>He was Matt Smith longer than he was Hartnell.

on the surface, Tennant is better than Smith, but the undercharacter or whatever the hell you'd call it is better in Smith's doctor

Those are pretty weak breakdowns.
>Oh no fem master popped out the screen and went boing.
How is this different from a male Master's antics during Davies' run?
>Its Galiffrey finally, but the Doctor is going to be a smug bastard and everyone is going to do what he says for some reason.
>some reason
So you watched, but you hadn't paid any attention to anything about the Time War whatsoever? Or even Gallifrey, for that matter...
>Oh its immortal Arya from Game of Thrones who lives in that Street from Harry Potter
What's your point m8?
>What if... What if guys... The refugees were really Zygons.
Nature of the Zygons aside, you act like this is the first time Doctor Who's done social commentary. Pic related.
>I clearly have a massive resentment to women, so I'm going to try and cover it up by making quirky Pet Characters, Sweetie.
What the fuck are you even talking about? If you want to complain about quirky characters, you can start with the Doctor. He's been weird since Hartnell.

Faggot

8 and 9 were horrible

Come along Pond, you got lost when you tried to go to /who/ general, let me guide you.

>Every now and then someone would bring up how his eyes looked old, or that he looked tired
Oddly enough, I believed it more when they said it about Smith than when they said it about Tennant.
>You're so old, I can see it in your sparkling, youthful eyes.
Great, sure, okay.

What was your idea, user?

none of them really were able to nail the 'old man who's seen some shit' look
and even now that we have an actual old man he just looks angry all the time

I disagree. Paul McGann proved himself to be a great 8th Doctor in the audio episodes, which kept the Doctor Who core fan base going. And without Eccleston's success as the 9th Doctor, we wouldn't have Doctor Who still on TV now.

>How is this different from a male Master's antics during Davies' run?
He wasn't that bad. And even if he was that doesn't justify the stupidity of her characterization. The actress clearly has a lot more potential in the role than Simm did as well, which makes it even worse
>You weren't paying attention to the Time War
I was paying attention. It was still stupid that he went all angsty in the desert and acted like a spoiled little bitch, while heavily hinting at the episodes obvious 'clever little twist'.
>Whats your point
It was hackneyed, and obvious leaching of a guest star. That wasn't actually the worst Masie episode though, the one with the Lion man was.
>Social Commentary
The point wasn't that it was social commentary, its that it was banal and badly executed.
>What the fuck are you talking about
Isn't it obvious.

It was a Scorpion thing.

I think user meant series 8 and 9.

I hadn't realised it had got that bad.

the massive about of liberals and tumblrtards in the fanbase and in charge of the show are what has made it go down the shitter the most

Oh.....ok.

Well its survived more than 50 years, its bound to go up and down.

To be fair, 'extras' for many British TV shows are usually the same ones regularly used from an agency based in London.

London and surrounding areas has a higher black/ethnic population than the rest of the UK.

My mother worked as an extra from mid 80s until 1998.

Matt Smith into Capaldi was a cuckold fantasy for Moffat...as Smith he meets Clara and they fall in love...after they marry(he becomes her old man) Clara becomes obsessed with black men and with the blessing of her old man promptly fucks every BBC in sight.

No leading actor with charisma and an Afro.

Wow.

I dropped it when they replaced the younger dude with the grandpa guy

t. tumblrtard fangirl who writes shitty fanfiction about 10 and 11

I just can't stand that literally every qt assistant bar based Karen gets BLACKED

Barely any do.

I suppose you just mean since 2005.

Yea since 2005

>tfw my childhood waifu Ace is safe from the jews.

based.

i'm pretty sure only rose and clara do
and to be fair mickey was kind of cool. he was a dumb idiot but at least he wasn't as obnoxious and generally shitty as lieutenant algebra or whatever clara's guy is named

Mickey fucked Martha as well

martha is black too, it doesn't count as getting BLAGGED :DD
or at least not as much

>2 out of the 3 qt assistants there have been have gotten BLACKED.

what are you trying to say.

Safe from the jews perhaps, but far from pure.

>grandpa guy

Reminder of the original

Yea, oh well. My retroactive Dr Who waifu is 100% Victoria

Based Danny Pink. His character was a REAL soldier, with the resultant PTSD that I (for one) could understand.

The broadcast of Dark Water/ Death in Heaven over the Remembrance weeks in Britain was sensitively and perfectly done.

>Nigger
>Based

fuck off.

this is a wrong opinion. leave Sup Forums NOW

peter capaldi sucks

To be fair, the inconsistent characterization can only be blamed on the writers of that time. I think Tennant did the best he could with the scripts.

Also, the producers wanted an 'English' accent , altho Tennant is Scottish.

He didn't suck Harvey Weinstein's unmentionables.

He has my respect.

DANNY PINK IN CLARA'S STINK.