Any other Amazon warehouse employees here. Do you love it or hate it?

Any other Amazon warehouse employees here. Do you love it or hate it?

I've worked 3 different warehouse jobs and literally the only people who enjoyed them were high on meth.

I would slit my wrists if I had to work in a warehouse again.

...of course I would slit my wrists for, like, pretty much any reason including curiosity and even boredom at this point, so, whatever, I guess.

Never had a warehouse job (IT tech) but the company I work for has a warehouse I have to work in regularly. It seems to have the highest turnover rate of any department (I have to set up their fucking workstations every time a new person is hired) so it doesn't seem like they enjoy it much because they jump ship as quick as they can (except the supervisors)

I work IT for a SC and it only makes me hate it more. Our hire anybody with a pulse mentality really makes me hate amazon.

i have to go to a warehouse for a weekly supervisor's meeting. I can't say it's any fun. nobody likes their job, there's a constant threat of cleaning house to get rid of the malcontents. on the other hand, the office staff that I usually hang with (IT etc.) are psychotic and coked out most of the time.

How did you take that picture?

you should go slit your wrists.

Not an employee, but an electrician who worked on one of their "fulfillment centers" once. Was like working in a prison building. Had to empty all pockets and get a metal detector wand search every time I went in or out. They had a sign-in sheet for personal property, but still treated me like a thief for trying to take my OWN digital camera back out with me at the end of the day, even though it was on the sign-in sheet. If you brought a cola into the building, you couldn't take it back out. You could only carry clear drinks like water or sprite out of the building because they were afraid people would smuggle jewelry out in coke bottles.
Being an electrician with a vest full of tools and a backpack full of even more tools, you can imagine how annoying it was to have to empty every pocket every time you want to go outside. I even skipped lunch on that job because it was just too much bullshit to go through just to get outside to my car.
I will never work at one of those places again, and I feel sorry for the people who have to put up with that as their regular job every day.

What do you do in the warehouse? How much do you get paid

A warehouse just opened near my city.

Stowfag in PA. They've had us on mando for the entirety of June for 50 hours and 60 hours for prime week. I had to take a vacation day today just to have more than one day off, and even then I had to go over my manager's head to do it. We keep taking in work from other warehouses when we just can't fit any more shit into this building. If there's another week of overtime I think there's gonna be a fucking riot.

IT technician as of recent but it's hard getting past the bottom. But once you do, it's not too hard is you enjoy the casual culture of business.

Love

you know what's awesome, when I find extra stuff in my amazon shipments. that would be cool if you could do that more.

It's not too bad if you're prepared for it. At the center I work at they don't bother with the bottle rule and most of the time you just don't bring your phone onto the warehouse floor with you. They never make us empty pockets or anything unless we set off the metal detector. They probably grill guests like you electricians pretty hard though.

you at an FC or a SC? It sounds like my building where they dont care.

FC, but we just have too many people to really enforce that shit on. I've drank coke in front of managers all the time and taken it out on breaks, etc. The general rule is we don't give security a hard time and they don't bust our balls, so we just do what we're told and they let us get away with some small shit. My god I do sound like a fucking inmate.

I rely pretty heavily on my camera for a lot of reasons. Being able to have a high-res image of the electrical blueprint in my pocket, taking snaps of to-do lists or material lists because slips of paper get lost easily, taking quality control pictures of completed work so if it gets messed up by another trade after I finish I can show that it wasn't that way when I left it, things like that. I didn't mind having to sign it in and write the serial number down, what bothered me was that when I opened the camera case (along with all my other tools) at the end of the day he didn't even bother asking if it was on the sign-in sheet before jumping into
"A-HA! What is THIS?!?!?!?" (exact words)
It wasn't the security precautions per se that pissed me off, but the obvious attitude everyone had.

Reminds me of the saying above the gates of auschwitz.

Wow. Sounds like you dealt with a real shithead then.

Yeah same with ours. It does get better if you move up even a little. I went from a floor worker to IT and it made a world of difference in how I was treated

Im an Area Manager at one of amazons IXD buildings. I honestly love the job, but it's not for everyone. The work itself is pretty easy and the benefits and pay are amazing. The treatment of AAs is another story though. I have fired countless people that didn't deserve it just because of the stupid polices. Management also has a very high turn over rate so just as I get around to knowing my colleagues, they get fired/moved/quit. It's an endless cycle I go through every couple months. Bottom line is if you're going to work at an FC, you have to become leadership.

early 20s I assume?

Depends on the building you're at. All of the security people are outsourced and a vast majority of them are former military who still think they're in.
It sounds like you got the wannabe cop guard.

I think our failure rate is like 70%

secretly

We went through four inbound managers in a year at my FC. It was unbelievable but they just kept hiring people from outside the job who weren't prepared for it. Our current manager has been with the company for nine years now so she won't quit or get herself fired but she's fucking retarded and does nothing.

the smuggling jewelry out in a coke bottle is not the reason behind clear liquid

i "put up with it" 4 days a week. love it

>wannabe cop guard
Definitely that, but it wasn't just one guard. We got the "you people" treatment from everyone we had to talk to.
The security guard specifically told me that was why I couldn't take my coffee outside.

I'd move up but I plan on just going back to college through their career choice program before I take their paid leave offer and just move out of state. The benefits are fucking great honestly but it's barely worth the bullshit they put you through.

>worked 3 warehouse jobs
>never had forklift races

Non sort here user

OP, how long have you worked for amazon in their warehouse?

amazonians dont like non blue badges

Worked in an Amazon warehouse before, but never worked for Amazon

Worked at the one in Lexington, KY. Did picking and it's a ton of super fast walking to be able to meet your quota. Another friend did returns and that's a lot easier physically. All positions are super boring and you can't have headphones or your phone since amazon sells everything.

Paid decently, was chill and the people just wanted to put in their time.

sorry you had to deal with that shit. My site is extremely laid back with alot of that stuff and I try to be as nice to my vendors as possible. If you guys cant do your job neither can we.

lol all the security is severely overweight at our building

I do. So easy to steal stuff.

That's only temps and only because they fuck everything up for everyone else. They know they won't get hired on so they don't bother with following rules or doing their jobs right which makes everyone else have to waste more time to clean their fucking messes.

Anybody here work at Gourock Amazon?

you are not supposed to have coffee past the entrance line into the warehouse

Explain, fag

9 years is honestly pretty impressive. Most of my colleagues are new (2 years or less). I have worked there for almost two years now. The way the company is structured is quite brilliant. Bezos has engineered a certain degree of scarcity in order for us to utilize all the resources available to us. As a result, we save money, but it also causes there to be a lot of fighting with other departments to get what we need. Tier 1s aren't aware of this and it causes hurt feelings when im not able to help them.

cleaning crew etc are not blue badges but work reg shifts with us

haha must be entertaining to watch them try to get through a turnstile if they use them.

ugh if i could only get pics of them

Worked at an Amazon Distro Facility for 5 Months. I quit. If I remained there one week more, I would have walked in one morning with a semiautomatic and SHOT DEAD as many fucking people as I could. I would have made the VA Tech shooter proud.

Not him and I'd never do it because there's nothing in these places worth losing your job over, but it wouldn't be hard to put an obstruction between yourself and the camera in your aisle, like a large cart, and just grabbing something small that won't set off a metal detector and pocketing it. Only problem? Literally nothing small enough to pocket and not set off the detector isn't worth stealing.

This is 100% true. I dont know how many times I've had T1's bitch at me about scanners being broken that I can do nothing about because new ones are a capital expense

nothing like $600 radios that suck

Just remember that Amazon is owned by Bezos, who also owns the Washington Post

Buy your online shit from their rival Walmart instead, their selection isn't as good but their prices seem to be as good or even cheaper

at least you get the 600$ ones my SC is stuck with the cheap 200$ ones that take a lifetime to get back from RMA

It's a fucking massive warehouse with thousands of blind spots. Figure it out. I get every new game and DVD at will. Almost nothing has sensomatic tags

I'm honestly not surprised. You see it in a lot of things at my warehouse like jam poles for the diverts or just scanners in general. We've also been in desperate need of carts for a long time too.

best is scanners that dont scan. You do a rejected to missing and get fuked the next week lol

asshole

I've never seen anyone hassle the cleaning crews. I get a bit mad that the ones in my FC are either allowed to have phones when I'm not or just somehow smuggle them in, but that's it. Now the outdoor flaggers for peak on the other hand get so much undeserved shit flung at them. I saw a temp spit on one for making him drive back around because the bottom parking lot was full. Dude was fired immediately and deserved it.

Worked for amazon for a bit, New Jersey. It fucking sucks. Everything about it. I think the pay was $13 an hour. 40 plus hour work weeks.mandatory overtime. No talking with fellow employees except for breaks. 15 minute breaks. But it takes 5 minutes to walk to the break room. Every other employee is a gangbanger or methhead. There is no recognition for hard work,.

I guess the only positive is it's pretty hard to get fired. They just pull you aside and say get better numbers n shit. But not showing up at all, warning. Then you're fired. Tons and tons of walking.

anybody worked in a robotic warehouse? how does that compare?

>Meh pride
>Meh authoritye
>Meh well deserved lunch break
*fat cops chubby mouth talk*

I will say that a vast majority of scanner issues come from the fucking mongoloids that are hired that treat them like toys.

ones here have music always playing

so why was talking to other dudes while working a problem?
sure you are supposed to be packing crap and moving it around but that there sounds crazy like one of those shocking headlines about amazon

my first week someone dropped 3 of tthem from an op on the p level CRASH!!!

Think of it like rats running in a maze. Like a video game. That is what a 'picker' does. Get the coin in the maze. Another one appears on the opposite side and now you run over there. Get that one, a new coin appears on the opposite corner. There's no time to stop n talk. Managers give you shit for not picking.

I'm a warehouse worker at concert venue. I hate my boss, but co workers are cool and I get to watch concerts while i work.

AMA or whatever

Ha I'm just happy that my site has one floor, but I do have wrist scanners instead of gun so those break just from looking at them funny

one floor here to but we drive pits 30ft high

They're obsessed about numbers. We have a rate of how many units we have to process an hour, and if we don't meet that rate there'll be trouble, so talking and working in the same aisle is prohibited, because if you're talking, you're not working. Literally everything this company does is for the customer. Employees are an afterthought.

its not that hard i'm like 130% every week
need a good pa who will share the paths

my site used to do pit but we built a autosorter that breaks every other day so no more pit for us. also as a SC we never have to go that high anyways unless I'm doing camera or AP work.

It normally isn't but sometimes shit gets in the way and management doesn't care. I work stow and last autumn we had to renovate the entire pick mods, meaning we couldn't stow anything. We were either sent to other jobs or they'd VTO us (send us home without pay voluntarily). Our manager at the time quit and we got a new one, and she literally wrote half of our team up for not making rate that week despite physically being unable to work, and she refused to listen when we tried to explain it. They were still working on it when she wrote us up. Lately the mods in my FC have been so overfilled for prime week that we have no room to stow. Again, write ups for not being able to make rate despite there being literally no way to stow.

new managers are just looking to spread their authority. No biggie,it happens eveywhere
I tell all the trainees writeups are not diected at you as a person it just the waythe system works

I applied for a part time shipping and receiving position for while I go back to school. I don't really care about the pay or benefits, I just need some cash on the side and a part time job so I can eat. I'm in good shape and as long as I'm getting 20 or so hours a week I'm fine. Am I gonna want to shoot myself after working here for a month?

dont be a bitch and you will be fine. maybe ill be training you!
also come back and let us know how many got fired

You're better off getting a job at Tmobile and making a decent 38k a year part time 25hrs a week, 4-6hr shifts. Easy

fuck that sounds boring
do you feel you accomplished anything at the end of the week?

41. The world no longer holds anything I still desire. Crossed everything I ever wanted off my to-do list already and now I'm just fuckin bored man, showing up, going through the motions, for no real reason whatsoever.

Honestly I'm just so fucking bored at this point

lol I work with a guy that is 70 who is retired but works for amazon to stay in shape

Fuck yeah man, it's not boring at all actually. I literately have tried to find the perfect balance for a job for a while and this is it.

Everyday is different cause of customers, some are fun, some are hot and some times you get the annoying bitch complaining over the bill. Who cares dude, you make good money and have most of the day to enjoy it.

>I'm alright at sales, but in reality I fucking suck compared to top reps, sure I can make more money but I'm good making an easy 42k last year. If people only knew how much effort I don't put in and how much fun it is, people would be going at it. But they get scared and never apply.

FC checking in here... I hate that damn job. I want to quit but I need the money. They hire Somalians who can't speak english, but literally shit in the pods and wash their nuts in bathroom sinks, and shoes in the toilets. Smells like death. Management is like "well give them squeegees! Then they'll clean up after themselves!" Brain dead idiots, all of them. I sincerely hope Amazon goes out of business to some Chinese competitor just so I can watch this shit hole I have to walk in every fucking day burn to damn ground. Fuck amazon

Do they let you listen to headphones while you work?

no
that wouldnt be working would it?

sorry user

Why not? If youre picking items.

My first job was unloading trucks at Kohls. Was pretty legit listening to Coast 2 Coast AM every night

how can you do your job proficiently with a distraction?

tbh if I had headphones in on the job, I'd have been run over by some retard. fyi if you plan on working at all, plan on doing ALL the work. Most people I work with are incompetent fucking tards. Other than than its pretty alright.

Have they considered hiring more staff instead of OT? They end up paying 150% for each hour over you work right?

>have to set up workstation each time someone new is hired
Have they heard of this new thing called windows? It lets you run software on your pc without the need to hardcode it all yourself.

I worked in the warehouse in Avenel. Pagination was decent, but it was overall miserable. If you need money quick, work there, but get out as soon as you can.

Fuk that place. I was terminated cuz they wanted to release 80% of the workers after peak. So theyll get on you for little shit. I was a picker and they would run you like a robot.

Not an employee... The slogan in the pic instantly made me think of pic related.

Is that where the most recent death was?

To be fair a lot of these jobs could be done by a robot so you're literally competing with them. The only thing holding them back is low wages makes human labor better.

All it takes is some magnets in the floor, location of package, dimensions/weight, etc. This job will be automated soon so it'll be interesting to see how people react to it.

also I work at a furniture manufacturer. We are planning on moving to more of an on-demand packaging system. It's more efficient and less labor intensive.

Basically I get a pat on the back when I find a way to get rid of repetitive and unnecessary processes. The company makes more money with less people.