Thoughts?

Thoughts?
I really wanted to like this movie but the shitty third act killed it for me. Walken was kinda wasted too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S7zuMMuFjpA
youtube.com/watch?v=jF6uLQJarGo
youtube.com/watch?v=O7WU8pkaM_E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Thoughts?

you need a brain for that, and your post pretty much reveals you don't have one

I've always liked how consistently entertaining this movie is, like there aren't any moments where it slows down considerably. Probably my favorite Batman movie honestly, though I wish Batman himself were in it more.

It's virtually the only acceptable capeshit. Almost all other capeshit is pure cancer.

Burton created a twisted, violent, surreal fairy tale with Returns. It's great.

I feel the same way- it's a chore to watch towards the end - god tier villains though. Give the batman with the riddler another watch it's actually pretty good

>not embracing the campyness

Just want to remind you youngfags that before this Batman looked like pic related.

YOU GOTTA ADMIT
I PLAY THIS STINKING CITY
LIKE A HARP FROM HELL

youtube.com/watch?v=S7zuMMuFjpA

This is the only good superhero movie aside from plane scene.

It was shite.
>Batplane hanging upside down like an actual bat
>penguins literally living in the sewers
>cobblepot builds a tiny batmobile to control the real batmobile
>Penguin loses the elections because Batman DJs fire
>Penguin's entire plan
too much stupid shit in it

>thinking all of those things aren't great
>being this much of a fucking faggot

>I want my ridiculous capeshit it to be serious!

Burton understood that you can't play this shit straight. As another user said, he embraced the campiness.

the rocket clad penguine army was batshit insane, burton needs a good editor, but didn't have it in this movie :c

I used to think this was a good one. Then I rewatched it as a 30 year old and realized that almost every line of dialogue between Catwoman and Penguin is a fucking lame quip, the whole frame-Batman plot didn't affect anything for very long, the whole plot in general is fucking stupid, and Bruce and Selina's 'ship was shoehorned in.

Pfeiffer was fuckin smokin as Catwoman though.

the movie is literally perfect

>tfw you'll never lick Siouxsie's hairy pits

youtube.com/watch?v=jF6uLQJarGo

youtube.com/watch?v=O7WU8pkaM_E

genius

So were there midgets or kids in those penguin costumes?

And I actually prefer it to the Nolan Batmans just because of the aesthetics. There hasn't been a Batman movie without some shit writing, but at least this one invoked a proper Gotham feel.

>Batplane hanging upside down like an actual bat
That was Forever you dumbass

>You know what, I mistook me for somebody else.

Still love that line.

I hope the next iteration of Batman movies will just go full gothic horror vibe with it, without camp. No fancy fight scenes with groups of enemies taking on the bat, just a dark depressing city and mooks getting picked off one by one by a batcreature from the shadows, with Batman's struggle being to give up the bat-persona rather than people trying to fight or kill him. Just to give it another angle.

Or just adapt The Doom That Came To Gotham.

I loved Burton's use of lighting for simple shots like pic related.

He made Keaton in the suit interesting to look at.

I think the Keaton suit is the best one. They haven't been able to create a more classic batman look since before this movie.

god what a shitty poster

It's a catwoman & penguin story told through a heavy Tim Burton filter. It has amazing music, the best on-screen catwoman, a good if odd performance by DiVito, and batman sort of just exists as a foil and plot device. It's most noteworthy because it and batman '89 are responsible for setting the look and tone of the animated series which is still probably the best portrayal of batman we've ever had.

It's probably not a great movie all things considered the plot is thin, there are some things that don't work and too much burton shows through to make it a clean entry in the series, but it's easily one of the most memorable entries and In terms of style alone it's one of the best.

It's a great poster. Extremely memorable.

it's pretty clear that in the original script the Walken character was the Penguin and Burton shoehorned in his "monster" penguin bcz autism.

Remove Penguin scenes and it's a pretty great movie.

>wikiwiki

Those aren't constumes.

kek

The soundtrack is so awesome

>I believe the word you're looking for is "AAAAAaaaaaaaahh"!

>Honey, I'm home. Oh, I forgot. I'm not married.