Wendy's to make large automation push in response to bernie sanders

Bernie Sanders and liberals have pushed Wendy's into deploying automated kiosks to over 6,000 stores by the end of the year.

The company cites the coming rise of minimum wage as the main impetus to invest more heavily into automation. The higher wages make it more appealing to switch to fully automated stores.

investors.com/politics/policy/wendys-serves-up-kiosks-as-wages-rise-hits-fast-food-group/

This is the problem with Bernie Sanders, and Hillary Clinton, and progressives who push very hard to raise the minimum wage," says Puzder CEO of Carl's Jr/Hardees. "Does it really help if Sally makes $3 more an hour if Suzie has no job?"

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/carls-jr-wants-open-automated-location-2016-3
youtube.com/watch?v=LJMbem7T4KY
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wew really looking forward to this I won't have to talk to anyone now

Carl's Jr is also experimenting with a fully automated store.

businessinsider.com/carls-jr-wants-open-automated-location-2016-3

Puzder's interest in an employee-free restaurant, which he says would be possible only if the company found time as Hardee's works on its northeastern expansion, has been driven by rising minimum wages across the US.

"With government driving up the cost of labor, it's driving down the number of jobs," he says. "You're going to see automation not just in airports and grocery stores, but in restaurants."

they should kick out all the immigrants and do that shit in Europe

the worst part about fast food is the people that work there

Revenue will grow like 2x if you don't have dirty niggers and gross people working there anymore.

Please Robot, save us from bernie sanders.

>touching the same screen normies touch
Never, it will be mac and cheese for life.

the computers would surely make for less fuckups too.

this is all good news to me

Thank you based Momentum machines and other robotics companies.

No meatbags's slimy hands touching my food soon.

No burger flippers needed.

Just technology replacing them, forever.

This will be the downfall of society
At the same time it's kind of inevitable
Just depends on how we as the human choose to go about this in the next 50-100 years. Should prove to be extremely interesting. I for one am very glad I was born in time for the biggest turning point in human existence.

after we replace them how do we get rid of them?

Hover touch screens.

Genetic engineering.

Make their kids into humans 2.0 instead of subhuman.

More welfare niggers on the dole

>hey i didnt push that!

About as useful as an iWatch.

Hopefully or I'll use a disposable glove

Still becomes much more efficient

Just think about the loss prevention from not having workers. Most theft is from employees.

You would save tons of money just not having someone they can threaten to open the register too.

Some nigga walks in with a gun and the machine isn't scared. It will keep the money locked up until cops arrive. So basically no theft from the store will happen.

good. race war is coming friends. when poors no longer have jobs and riot in the streets we'll get our cleansing.

Just gas them all

A lot of really tall employees are going to lose their six-figure salaries

>"Does it really help if Sally makes $3 more an hour if Suzie has no job?"
>Sally
>Suzie

wut? Also, the future is now!

eat shit meatbags

This robot will literally work 24/7 with no requirements other than keeping it's batteries charged.

You can't fucking compete.

kek if it wasn't so serious

social anxiety is crippling

>Revenue will grow like 2x if you don't have dirty niggers and gross people working there anymore.
>Please Robot, save us from bernie sanders.

Revenue will grow 2x if you reply to this post with
Please Robot, save us from Bernie Sanders.

>other than keeping it's batteries charged.
You clearly have no idea how things work

I really like this pepe. What is it called?

the libs will never agree to that and you know it

we'll have to do it the old fashioned way

Whatever it takes to prove labor theory of value was a lie.

Of course, I prefer the commies to die slow.

Robot Requirements:
Can live at the work place
Doesn't sleep
Works 24/7
Never emotional
Any mistake can be fixed to never happen again

Human Worker
gets tired, needs sleep, needs personal time
emotional
requires eating, shitting, and pissing break instead of being plugged in
will steal or cheat the system
Has dirty hands that can carry bacteria or virus onto the food.
Has a speaker that shoots germs when speaking.

We all know meatbags are obsolete.

I fucking love Wendy's. It's a shame the parking lot at the one close to me is so shit.

I am so fucking excited.They don't even count change. I give them complicated change on purpose and they can't count it, don't know how to count coins.

$15 an hour minimum wage!!!!

lel

>He doesn't wear gloves at all times

Enjoy your microbes.

Automation would've happened over time no matter what. Raising minimum wages would maybe have delayed it, but as the technology gets cheaper, the companies would eventually move to automation. And after all it's a good thing that humans don't have to do work that can be automated, you'd be a retard to think otherwise.

>not dipping your hands into a probiotic mixture

Do you even get science?

>Whatever it takes to prove labor theory of value was a lie

not a lie but incorrect

>Blaming it on Bernie Sanders
wow top kek

the jews who run these companies would rather pay $0 an hour than $8 an hour or $15 an hour. it's not like if the minimum wage stayed at $8 they'd be like "well, even though we'd save money with robots, we'll stick with humans cuz we're nice people! :)"

get real. a corporation will do whatever to save money. that is what corporations do.

No, you'd be retarded if your government policies involve importing as many low skill low IQ workers as possible, aka what EU/Canada/USA is doing, while at the same time seeing the future of automation

Even China is fucking replacing workers with automation already.

It's a food help helpper pepe meme

maybe but we're already halfwhere there anyway. Actually the new fully automated society would perfect the current employment culture where you want stable paycheck, benefits that have no connection to what you do.

You don't get it. The next step will be banning automation or requesting businesses to have x% bioworkers or some other horseshit.

>B-B-BUT WE NEED MILLIONS OF UNEDUCATED THIRD WORLDERS TO FILL ALL OF OUR MENIAL JOBS?!?!?!

I love the free market so fucking much

GAS THE POOR
AUTOMATION WAR NOW

What's the cutoff for when we start exterminating the poors? Annual salary wise. Or do we base it off net worth?

In the next 5 years it's very possible for 10,000,000 USA jobs to be replaced with automation.

Of course that is with a rather aggressive replacement plan, but is very possible.

It's going to be chaos.

>Blaming a candidate that has no shot in hell of winning

>tfw systems analyst
>tfw essentially someone who troubleshoots hardware and software

If they can replace me through automation I will gladly go to the gas chamber.

Holy shit can't believe I share space with you.

The minimum wage hikes in general are turning rather slow thinking fast food execs into robotics/automation.

It has nothing to do with policy but rather that it is making them much more enthusiastic about automation.

KARMAS A BITCH ISNT IT

Yeah well then there's a problem with the immigration policies. Automation will happen either way, with or without minimum wage

>millions of shitskin jobs gone
>Replaced by 1 trained white person who just cleans machines & occasionally trouble shoots

lol

>Implying it won't be an Indian in Bangalore remoting into the server 95% of the time for $1 an hour

>This robot will literally work 24/7 with no requirements other than keeping it's batteries charged.

You forgot the passionate loving it needs from time to time.

this

>tfw hindus are going to be fixing burger machines

THIS

gimmie muh bits without having to talk to ANYONE. Truly a golden age of shitposting is upon us.

What a wonderful utopia, but who will buy the burgers?

The burgers will be too cheap to meter

what? are you a poorfag?

Just letting you know that you are a faggot for watching that show.

Robots/computers cost more than minimum wage to maintain. The reason they're not doing it yet is because people are currently more efficient.

Niggers on welfare

youtube.com/watch?v=LJMbem7T4KY

Kek liberals are dumber than I thought. Pushing for this means that people will be replaced by machines, reducing jobs.

The 99% of people who don't work in the fast food industry in this country.

The kiosks setup the workflow that allows for cashiers to be mostly eliminated. But you could use an app on your phone in place of the kiosk once they have the workflow setup for bypassing the cashier.

that is mentioned in the article

"n addition to self-order kiosks, the company is also getting ready to move beyond the testing phase with labor-saving mobile ordering and mobile payment available systemwide by the end of the year. Yum Brands and McDonald’s already have mobile ordering apps."

Taco Bell's mobile ordering is a joke. They don't actually prepare your order ahead of time or at least that's my experience.

The new language for working in fast food, I might be interested now.

>This is the problem with Bernie Sanders, and Hillary Clinton, and progressives who push very hard to raise the minimum wage," says Puzder CEO of Carl's Jr/Hardees. "Does it really help if Sally makes $3 more an hour if Suzie has no job?"

Read Ayn Rand, the Democrats will just make automated kiosks illegal.

The point is that the increased minimum wage is going to force companies to optimize certain links in the supply chain, and the best way to do that is with one worker being assisted by a machine, rather than have two workers.

Higher minimum wage = less unskilled jobs as soon as companies can automate the position.

Problem is, we've got plenty of unskilled labor, which means more nogs on welfare.

It's going to get weird.

>that nog on the left subtly flipping off the camera.

Yay Mummy can get my tendies faster now

Why should people be expected to have a living wage doing a truly shitty job that even a trained monkey could do?

When I worked at McDs (a long time ago) I accepted that it was a minimum wage part time job because I was in college and never expected to work there forever.

They did keep upping my hours to 30+, in spite of my demand to keep it near 20, because I was one of the best people there. I called production after only working there for 2 months. They wanted to make me shift manager, but I didn't want the hours.

Now I have an MS in Chemisty, an MS in Information Science, and make $100K as an application engineer.

It's PART TIME for a reason.

I'm all for automation but we REALLY need to start thinking about what we're going to start doing with all these low class blacks and browns. There is no way in hell I'm paying more in taxes because ex felons and highschool dropouts can no longer get minimum wage jobs.

Don't you understand.

All the futurist economists who said everyone will be fighting for immigrants from Africa in 2025.

Not even making this up but the mainstream elite view is that in the future people will be desperate for as much immigration as possible from places like Africa.

Someone has to maintain the roads. Make the whites the overseers/guards and the negroes/hispanics can do all the back breaking labour

Before a baseline wage comes, expect some food to eventually be free. As in completely. Canned shit especially. It's all about getting the transportation system in place at this point.

Then expect blacks to endlessly bitch about that.

>berniggers and cuntons want minimum wage to go up
>jobs getting replaced just by the threat of it
lel, what the fuck do these retards think will happen when minimum wage actually does increase?

Basically.

Autonomous transport, unloading/loading, etc

It's going to be a long time before it all gets patched up, but it's coming.

The savings are enormous and enough to pay for people to eat.

What about the whites on welfare? Pretty sure there's more of them than blacks overall.

We're building new housing projects for them as fast as we can, user !! Now we just need to implement production lines on-site.

Lead, follow or get out of the way. This is the latter.

No, the downfall of society came about when work no longer meant anything and it became completely possible to produce nothing and consume for free.

Without that invention the world wouldnt have ballooned to 6 billion and counting, nor would the world economy be as fucked as it is

what contribution are we losing out on?

If a machine can do it better, and there are no new jobs created for them, them being on welfare is a good thing.

Remember when we used to need niggers ?

>muh automation
Automation isn't happening to any greater extent than it has already anons.
>muh robot delivery drivers taking robot-picked and robot-canned produce right to my door FOR FREEEEEEEEEEE

even if there are no machines ready, management will do what they can to cut the number of employees. This has happened time and time again, of course, liberals refuse to see it.

The biggest one I foresee is taxi/truckers.

For some reason I expect the protests and anger to be immense when they are replaced.

The people with jobs. Pretty much any argument you can come up with is easily dismissed as the bottom 10% of America could disappear overnight, and the economy wouldnt feel a single blip on its trend line.

People talk about the 1%. They arent the problem. The bottom 10% are the problem in every way, shape, and form

So let's say this completely happens with these type of jobs
Would that make my grocery job whee I examine the freshness of fruit worth more? Or basically will this start fixing the economy in some way?

now all they need is something edible on the menu

the kiosks have turned the cashier around and improved so the customer can use it himself. With the increasing tech savvy of customers this makes sense - they no longer need someone that enters their order.
The kiosks do not replace a human with a machine - they replace one human with another and cut out reduncancy (2 people trying to enter the order).

god, that looks so much better than waiting in a long ass line just to order

implying this wasn't coming regardless

>Ahmed/Juan doesnt play shitty music and talk their shitty language while I sit through it all anymore
>Comfy AI giving me everything I could ever want in a car ride
The thought of a female AI voice talking to me while it drives and having a nice conversation with me expands my dick to lengths that shouldnt be possible

of course it was, I used these in Jack in the Box over 6 years ago

far better than some idiot fuck asking my how I am as if their my friend.

Yah, nice try OP you still need employees to make the food you fucking idiot.

Not shocking at all.

Of course

but computers are intruding on traditionally human areas like vision and voice recognition.

>taxi
Easy and is going to happen even sooner if you count the fact that your car will drive you to any place you want by itself.

>truckers
I expect major problems, and if you're in the US I seriously doubt the federal government is going to allow it very quickly. Maybe 10-15 years from now.

thank god I hate having to talk to people especially the uneducated or poor english speakers

Retarded wendys burger flipper detected