His capital city is also the absolute worst part of the country

>his capital city is also the absolute worst part of the country
For 90% of youse, this is the case!
Not for us big strong Aussies though, it's one thing we got right. Canberra is considered by thousands to be an amazing beautiful city.

Literally more boring than Wellington. Bravo Australia!

it's only good if you're an ANU student

Copenhagen is the absolute best part of the country.
The housing prices are cancer though.

american tier city...

I'm moving there soon. How much to rent a small house?

Give an estimation of the general area you want to live in and how large a flat you want.
Generally its expensive as shit in centrum and the surrounding areas.

>The Capital of Australia isn't Sydney
>The Capital of Canada isn't Vancouver
>The Capital of the USA isn't New York
What is it with these shitty Anglo countries and not having their politcal capitol as their cutlural one?

I don't need so much space, let's say 30-40m2, in a semicentral zone or also in outskirts but near metro

Toronto has a much larger population than Vancouver. And Ottawa is approximately as large as Vancouver

2bh, it makes more sense having Ottawa as the capital instead of Toronto, Ottawa is located just between the English-speaking and French-speaking parts of the country.

you're a student?

no,not at the moment at least, why?

Theres apartments that are dedicated to students which costs only a fraction of what a regular one does and are small as shit.
A regular unfurnitured one at 1-2 rooms costs approx. 5-12k dkk/750-1600euro a month, depending on the area, location and how old it is/renovated it is.
That's not to mention the start deposit which is at 3 times that, but is a one time fee and gets refunded unless you broke shit (they will try to jew you).
I'd suspect you would cough up approx. 7000dkk/950€~ a month for 30-40m2, or you could pendle from Roskilde or Koge every single day for 30 minutes and save some money on rent.

NYC is its region's cultural capital, not the nation's. Do you really think that what happens in NYC has a huge cultural impact on LA or Houston?
DC was chosen for its central location as it related to the north/south divide at the time that the country was established.

dafuq 950 € for a small flat, thats a lot. How much are the apartments for students? Are they inside a campus or also outside? Do they give them just to poor ppl / ppl with high marks?

Australia's cultural capital is Melbourne, not Sh*tney

canberra is the most boring place ive ever been to.

every fucking kid in australia has had their class field trip to this forsaken shit hole with weird burb names like jerraoomba, gungahlin, kippax, quenbeayan, fuck canberra

400-600€ a month. or so. Theyre usually no larger than 25-28m2
You have to be a student though, that's the only requirement.
They exist inside and outside campuses as independent apartments or as dorms.
Thing is, when you're studying you get like 700€/month in SU from the goverment. And you can only earn a minimal amount outside of that.
And there's a finite amount of them, so its hard to get a good one at a decent price.
I actually have yet to apply for one myself, and Im kinda worried I wont get one for August.

It's quite the problem. Recently in economic circles, there's been a debate on how Copenhagen is too expensive to live in alone, so you either need to have a partner or a roommate.

Canberra was made the capital as it was the designated midpoint between Sydney and Melbourne, due to each state government demanding their capital city be the national capital. File that useless fact away with the others.

Got lost driving to a big shopping centre near Canberra and in the tangle of poorly explained intersections, ended up on the wrong lane and near drove into traffic. The most retarded part of that little event was that there were two other people in front of me and we all pulled over to the side of the road when a bunch of cars started driving towards us from a randomly placed intersection.
People praise the roads around the ACT but without proper signposts some areas can get fucking silly

>Canberra was made the capital as it was the designated midpoint between Sydney and Melbourne, due to each state government demanding their capital city be the national capital. File that useless fact away with the others.
Already knew that

t. Australia expert

>his capital city isn't coastal

LMAO

>700€/month in SU from the goverment.
for non danish students too?

>Croatia is famous for it's coast
>Capital is a stereotypical eastern euro hellhole
Lmao

>every city in his giant ass country isn't costal
Lmaoing@urlife

Yes I believe so, but I could be wrong. PhD students get what amounts to a regular wage of 3850€ or so.

Personally I believe it shouldnt be for non-EU or yet alone no-Scandi students at all because shit like medicine and what not is fucking filled with shitskins. Or at the very least just refuse non-tax payers.
It's getting changed in the near future from what I heard, because far too many arent staying to work, but rather comes here for free education then fucks off.
Can't believe it our gullible government hasnt done it sooner.
>"Free education for everyone!"

Btw you can fuck right off if that's the reason you're coming here.

-Except for Can(cer)berra tho

The capital of Australia is London

then Canberra it is that i will emigrate to
along with all my family
Canberra here i come

yeah nah

>Berlin

Your parliament is very ugly

>you can fuck right off if that's the reason you're coming here.
I'm not coming for studying but I might consider it after what u told me :D