Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gDV-dOvqKzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kb5NGcUfCk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

[I CAN'T SEEM TO WAKE UP]

Addict Trent is trapped inside Clean Trent

Less Than is the best NIN song since Year Zero, I'm so pumped for this EP
youtube.com/watch?v=gDV-dOvqKzQ

>that comfy feeling burning bright(field on fire) inside of you knowing that Reznor isn't running away from who he was anymore. He's now confident enough in his recovery to look back on who he was and draw things from it without fear.

He is forgiven
He is free

He is a field of
FIYO

its like pottery

>ARE YOU LESS THAN
what did he mean by this?

Are you retarded?

It would be cool if nin was mainstream

we heard Trent use a new word in a song

'Missile'

We are living in a golden era.

why even have an 'OFF' mode on the switch? nine inch nails should be set on violence eternally.

Is this song PanoramaCottoncore?

So that when the violence comes, it's a surprise.

>why even have an 'OFF' mode on the switch? nine inch nails should be set on violence eternally.
This should have been the album cover

Replace OFF with NIN

no i dont think thats it

I wonder what the current NIN fanbase is like.

Clearly it's not goths.

Clearly it's not rivetheads.

Clearly it's not new wavers.

So what kind of people can still, in this day and age, find something to connect with in Trent's music despite not appealing to the demographics it usually appealed to.

Is it lewronggeneration Bowie fans who see Trent as David's heir of sorts?
Is it "tfw no shoegaze gf" depressionfags who need a mainstream depressive artist to circlejerk around?
Is it entry-level /bleep/fags who aren't disingenuous enough to reject pop songwriting altogether yet?

I can only speculate. But I'm getting a strong sense of alt-normiehood around these threads.

agreed
lame-o

Patricians

Reddit, then?

you say "lame-o" but do you remember the shitstorm that was Sup Forums and elsewhere when NTAE came out and it was a complete 180 from HM?

the only reason jump scares work is because it's not a continuous loud noise.

What do you listen to?

It doesn't matter if you're a chad, normie, beta or whatever. We all feel rage, loneliness, anxiety, isolation and loss. Reznor drawing from personal issues is appealing because it never feels forced, or fake. It's an honest expression of how he feels at the time of writing and it brings people together.

We're in this together. We just think we aren't

Reznor

not sure why that last reznor was there. oops

>alt-normiehood
we all just woke up this way man
hypnosis

New wave, goth rock and industrial metal.

The world doesn't have such clearly defined subcultures anymore (for the most part). The audience for NIN is just people who like NIN

When I feel angery and isolated and lost I don't want my feelings to be associated with a clumsy Phil Collins impersonator who looks like the smallest amateur pro wrestler in the US.

>amateur pro wrestler

Brian calm down.

Subcultures are from a time when you needed to physically be associated with something to find similar people, and bonding with similar people and being around similar people make them like those things even more. Now you can easily find who of your friends like your stuff via social media and similar and you just "hang out" with different people for different purposes. This way, everyone is creating its own subculture, with its limited scope.

Brian is a very good pro wrestler

watch:

youtube.com/watch?v=kb5NGcUfCk0

>you have to look exactly like this to listen to certain music

Bad example, you probably do in that case.

>no fingerless gloves
100% poseur

and yes, you have to dress like a weirdo, it shows commitment.

Why do you think recent NIN merch looks so embarrassingly autismal?

All this autism. Fucking cringe.

p. sure the song is about minority groups (jews or blacks or white males or gays or whatever) who drive conformity of the majority using aggression. they can't "fix" themselves/can't conform to the majority, so their backs are against the wall and they go on the warpath.

even when they get what they want, they are never satisfied and see any compliance as insincere. because the real problem is in their own insecurities about their own identity that they have inherited or built up. that they are just not the majority and feel like they have to fight for their right to exist.

>Sup Forums the song.

i promise you that's not it

t. trent

>turns out its just more fucking black powder

bag of blood this time. with a liquid proofed USB inside to tempt you with.

oh its a switch
totally missed that

Did this leak?

>nin
>leak
what is it 2007?

Trent is releasing some of his best material these days, NTAE and this new single are a bomb.

This single is one of the best singles he has made, I liked Came Back Haunted but it was missing something, this is perfect.

I liked Haunted as well, but it was a little too much bleeps.

Since NTAE and now Violence, Hesitation Marks feels like a personal investment in updating his sound like Broken was to Downward Spiral and Fragile and With_Teeth was to Year Zero, the Slip and Ghosts

Shit doesn't leak from Trent

>ctrl + f "trent"
>9 matches

lmao, you don't actually know him, you losers - he's not your friend

This single is fucking trash. What the fuck trent? seriously vocals are white teeth tier and the rest is pretty hate machine+year zero. He's starting to sound redundant as fuck.

People just call him that.

Fact: The singles are ALWAYS the weakest parts of any NIN album.
NTAE was much more refreshing, Trent did say this song does not represent how entirety of the EP sounds like so stay calm user, it is the Dear World of Add Violence I guess.

BREAK THROUGH THE CIRCUS AND

You are right.
Dear world>Less than desu btw.
What the cover will look like?

R U > ?

R U < ?

could be better

I agree that Less Than is worse than Dear World, but Less Than is perfect single for NIN. I still like it, but after shit like Burning Bright it feels like step backwards, I did hear in the interview that there is a track that is over seven minutes long or something, so hopefully there will be more experimental stuff in the album.

Pic related is cover.

That's an interesting cover.... I guess.
You were the user that wished for longer songs on a thread few days ago? Fucking nailed.

Oh for fucks sake. Why are you still at it.

>getting this mad over a stage name.

Yeah that was me. I got really fucking excited when my NIN wish came true.
I kinda like cover, I was really afraid the EPs would re-use artwork like NTAE did, nice to see it was one time thing.

The artwork kind of reminds me something off Hesitation Marks artwork. Pic related.

His wife and mongrel children should be killed. That'll make for a good album. Feel something real again, Trent.

He can be still angry and full of angst. This meme needs to die alreadly, he is forgive, he is free, he is a field on fire and he is stronger than he's ever been in his decline

Torture is the only way to anything great. Hes not better than Britney Spears. He should be slowly killed for his arrogance

Sorry edgy user, Trent is sucesfull because he grew up and still makes great stuff to this day.
If Trent would be tortured and didn't let go off drugs he would be dead.
His lack of arrogance is why he is alive, for seeing he has a problem and that he was killing himself, he accepted he has a problem and worked on himself.

Im going to kill him this year. Expect me.

Go listen to manson or something
This. It's not like he didn't put out anything worthy.

Also time to rank NIN
The Fragile>Downward Spiral>Not The Actual Events>Still>Hesitation Marks>Ghosts>Year Zero>The slip>>>With teeth>Broken>Pretty Hate machine.
Debate me

Sure you will.
The Downward Spiral > The Fragile > Not The Actual Events > Still > Year Zero > The Slip > Hesitation Marks > With_Teeth > Broken > Pretty Hate Machine

Pretty Hate Machine and Broken are the most overrated records from his discography.

>p. sure the song is about minority groups
t. numale

Yeah, Pretty hate machine is corny and immature as fuck. Something I can never have is one of his best songs lyrically and on that album is totally wasted, the still version is perfect tho. Broken is immature too but less corny, it's just simple industrial metal. Maybe nolstalgia? I can't really undestand why those records are liked

They are definetelly great records, but overrated and pale in comparison to rest of the entire discography.
I think the reason why people like it, is because people are kinda told and expected to like it, no questions, people are scared shitless to question classics and Pretty Hate Machine and Broken are classics now, they have this shield againts criticism because of that. This applies to a lot of older music with questionable qualities which no one will ever admit to.

I like PHM because it sounds like earlier industrial electro stuff like skinny puppy (bites) and ministry (twitch) but actually good dont really pay attention to the lyrics that much, Broken is just good angry industrial metal

Trent isn't his stage name, you faggot.

It sure as fuck isn't his birth name, you autist. He adopted it as his first name because it sounded cooler then Michael. Reeee somewhere else.

Your post doesn't even make sense, you retard. Trent isn't his stage name and neither is Michael.

he's referencing the fact that his real name is Michael.

So?

Do you think his wife and his friends call him Michael?

No. They call him Trent.

If you can't see the logical fallacy in his post, then you're as retarded as he is.

Can anyone tell about Addict Trent? I've heard that he was alcoholic or something, explain pls

surely bait

no seriously, I can't find it anywhere

Crack Cocaine in the late eighties
Drinking followed
Drinking intensifies thanks to Uncle Al and his peer pressuring
Experiment with hallucenigenics
Binge drinking hardens to full blown alcoholism
Alcoholism leads to half assed rehab
Death of a loved one leads to relapse
relapse leads cocaine addiction
cocaine addiction leads to accidental heroin snorting od
heroin snorting OD leads to sticking to binge drinking
binge drinking leads to rehab
Rehab leads to Sober Trent.
Sober Trent leads to mountain biking weight training and vidya game substitute addictions.

you missed a step
>addiction, alcoholism and depression lead to suicide attempt

>suicide attempt leads to one of the best 2 albums in nin discog

kept it strictly addiction wise.

Didn't even bring up that one time his friend was executed in the streets of New Orleans and he was too fucked up to go to the funeral, and that was the final straw.

whoa, it must've been fucking hard for him

>waaah, i'm a famous multimillionaire musician
>wears his old suicidal thoughts as a badge of honour and thinks it makes him unique and special
he's a sad edgy manchild who happened to put out a good album 23 years ago

>being this mad about some musician

I think that albums (and ep's) from PHM to TDS were good, the rest is uninteresting t.b.h

I think Year Zero, Hesitation Marks and NTAE are some of his best works right there with TDS and The Fraggle desu.

Ive loved NIN since 94, I really think Trent needs to call it quits. He use to use the people that worked for him to build up the songs and then Trent would take credit for the work. Fuck Trent Rez and fuck his wife and kids. I will never give you my money ever again.

Trip sevens of truth.

>Clearly it's not goths
Yes it is.

wtf is this a joke or something

>Ive loved NIN since 94
Doesn't mean shit.