Ask a p-psychologist anything!

Ask a p-psychologist anything!

Whether it b-be help with your love life or w-with your seroquel dosage, I'm h-here for you Anonymous

Other urls found in this thread:

mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/greyNoiseGenerator.php
amazon.com/Bedphones-Gen-Ear-Sleep-Headphones/dp/B017GLFG2C
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hope you have a wonderful day, Anonymous!

Hey, I got here before the riff raff for once.
Morning! I am suffering because my fiance refuses to watch Black Lagoon.

W-why would he need to? He's g-got a mix of Edna and Revy r-right at home!

Apparently, he already is!

Seems so! Good job, everyone! We made record time today.

*pats her hands together*

A j-job well done.

No seriously heres what happened: he got past the first episode and told me "I don't like the redhead. Her dialogue is written like what a 12 year old thinks is cool"

Soul crushed. I'm trying to get him to power through so I can explain the shitposting that is taking up so much of my free time.
How are you, by the way?

I f-feel for you. My heart d-dropped out reading that.

I'm f-fine, still getting over t-the flu but making good progress

My friend is jealous and doesn't want to hang out with me and my sweetheart because she feels like the two of us are too perfect for each other. She has severe self-esteem issues and apparently feels like trash compared to either of us. I think my friend wants me to love her the way I love the other girl and I just can't accommodate her that way. What do?

I m-mean, only one real thing you can d-do: set boundaries and let h-her know where you stand. She clearly wants more than you are w-willing to give her, so be v-very open and clear about what you want and what is acceptable.

But it s-sounds like she has her own issues to deal with; is she getting any help f-from anyone? If not, I w-would encourage her to seek therapy f-for her self esteem.

Got ghosted by 3 close friends over the past week. Not sure why, but they've just completely blocked and stopped talking to me. Everytime I try to talk to them they pretend I'm not there. Haven't done anything significantly bad apart from usual banter and shit.

I think this is payback for me rain checking the last 3 animes he's wanted me to watch.
Glad to hear you are feeling better.. gotta know when to rest. To be honest lately I'm not sure if my lack of energy is mental or physical.

*wraps her arms tightly aroundAnon* I'm s-sorry to hear that Anonymous, I'm s-so so s-sorry....it is absolutely t-terrible when friends do something l-like that or turn against you.

I wish I could d-do more to help, but I know how much pain that m-must cause you...

alice, at what point do you think it's okay to tell someone you love them?

P-probably mental, fishing isn't t-too strenuous!

The m-moment you realize you love them

Thoughts on Ketamine as an antidepressant? Is it a sustainable solution to depression considering the theory of action and possible bladder damage?

I think my girlfriend is BPD but I'm not sure. She goes hot and cold and its driving me insane. I used to think this was normal in girls but now I see this is just pure heartache.

I c-currently have ketamine treatment actually.
It's a weapon of l-last resort for only t-the patients who do not respond t-to other treatments, and in t-that respect it is very effective.

We don't know if it is sustainable yet, but nearly no current treatment is.

*blinks slowly* I t-think maybe a doctor should b-be diagnosing people, Anonymous.

It sucks.. and some times demanding answers when friends are being distant makes things worse.
I've been through that a lot.. if you want my opinion, just keep the olive branch extended and back away from the situation. If they can't/wont communicate with you about what happened it's not worth worrying over. Give your self time to talk to other people.. at the very least the impressions you leave on new people might give you a better idea of how you might have mishandled your friendships.
Oh you must not go fishing very often, then.
But nah, you are probably right. Is it indicative of any mental disorders to go from feeling very listless and withdrawn, to having lots of energy, ambition and compassion? That's how I feel lately. I want to do things but when its time to "do" it just eludes me.

Thank you, I believe she is already in therapy but it'll probably take a while before she sees results. I want her to be able to hang out with me and my sweetie and have fun with us, but I guess there's not much I can do to stop her from being jealous that she doesn't have someone right now.

T-that was mostly a joke dear

That's the problem. She'll probably get offended if I tell her to get diagnosed

Assuming you receive intramuscular injections what is your dosage and how often do you receive an injection? How would you describe the difference between your mental state before and after an injection?

There is n-nothing more important than having open and c-clear lines of discussion with a s-significant other, Anonymous. I w-would very much recommend bringing it up.

Met a girl last week, but unfortunately she's abroad till the start of August. Will it work out after 2 weeks of just Facebook messaging?

hi, my grandmother had a nervous breakdown a few years ago but wont go to the doctor. her husband, my grandfather, has consulted their doctor who is of the opinion that she is suffering from paranoid schizophrenia. what can i do to encourage her to see a doctor after all this time, or at least to support her?

Thanks Alice! I kind of felt that way too, that there's nothing I can really do. I hope you have a great morning!

IV actually, and once a m-month.
I think my c-current dosage is 0.5mg per kg.

The differences are like the difference between night and day. Like those claritin commercials where suddenly the screen is so much brighter and clearer and you feel less in a haze. That's what it is like.

N-no way to tell, but what's the harm in t-trying?

Keep up the good work Alice.

Why does love always fade away?

Just wanted to say thank you for helping me out when times were rough

Op, how the fuck do I stop procrastinating and do my 9k essay. I've been avoiding it for 2 months. Deadline is in 2 months. Feel fucked.

I m-mean, I don't know the situation, b-but shouldn't your parents be doing s-something?

Same r-reason happiness, sadness, anger, and fear d-do. Because all emotions are f-fleeting.

W-what is it on dear?

My p-pleasure

Did you ever get fucked in the ass by an adult male relative?

Depression is a given.. Prozac has helped with my self doubt and panic attacks but I still feel the need to disassociate whenever possible.

What kind of music do you listen to when you are sad?

It c-could be the prozac isn't enough t-then, which is causing your mood fluxuations. M-maybe ask your doctor about adding in some trazadone.

I l-listen to Basshunter when I am sad.

I'm doing an experiment to work out if a certain variations of projections gives a patient less radiation exposure then other variations. I'm doing Radiography, its my final year.

my parents are garbage at dealing with mental health, my mother had post natal depression and refused to take her medication or get proper treatment and so she's of the opinion that if she can get through that anyone can get through anything.

T-that is very nice dear

Alice,

Whats the best way to stop being addicted to something? Namely, videogames.

-user

How can I reduce panic attacks at night? I can,t sleep

I s-see....that's v-very unfortunate.
I would s-simply remind your grandmother you are t-there for her. Encourage her t-to go of her own volition. She's a g-grown adult: it's hard t-to pressure someone into getting help if they d-don't want it.

Put t-the controller down.

mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/greyNoiseGenerator.php

amazon.com/Bedphones-Gen-Ear-Sleep-Headphones/dp/B017GLFG2C

Email m-me if you can't afford them at [email protected]

Basshunter is a cutie

Maybe. Part of me is considering asking my doctor to stop my medication for a bit to see how I feel, but I know that'd just be starting back at square one.
You're not going to like this, but I still feel the desire to do LSD. I'm probably just trying to shake my brain out of this funk and that's the easiest way I know of.

I'm gonna buy them. Love you!

That r-route of treatment is self limiting, Revy.
Though, you misunderstand my position on these things: I am n-not against the usage of hallucinogens or RC's for treatment of mental disorders.

I just go with what is proven to work, and currently, your best bet is a small incremental change n-not a complete shake up.

G-good luck

What's your opinion on marriage?

I d-don't have one

Will Ritalin help with my autism?

Research c-currently is out on t-that.

Is being transgender a mental illness, or is that just a similar level of discrimination to that which gay people previously suffered?

You're probably right. I have a long history of taking drastic measures to solve my problems and it generally doesn't work out for me.
Since you asked about our love lives in the OP, lately I'm also frustrated at my living situation and how it effects my fiance. I know he wouldn't still be here if he didn't want to be, but currently we are stuck living with my parents while we sort out a legal manner. He's very passionate about starting a fish and reptile hobby store and it seems like we keep hitting roadblocks, and they're mostly tied to me. I hate viewing my relationship negatively because I'm worried that I am dragging the person I am with down.

If you are here to make a confession, user, you're in good company. Nothing that man did to you was your fault.

How come you didnt answer my question about getting buttfucked?

This post took 8 captchas btw

So, I am currently dealing with problems that are going to land me a nice little spot in a psych ward. To be honest I do know that the answer to my problems begins with figuring out myself. Only then can I start looking at the bigger picture. On a side note, how many people do you think fell into the trap?

What are your hobbies?

It d-depends how you define mental illness.
But the r-reason gender dysphoria is in the DSM-5 is m-mostly for insurance reasons: it costs a l-lot to transition, but in general insurance w-will only pay for it if it is a l-legit medical illness and n-not simply cosmetic.

*blinks* W-what do you need done t-to push towards that future then?

Whats an 'Ear-worm'? Psychologically that's another voice in your 'head'. Isn't that schizophrenia?

I w-work on small indie games and projects t-that I never finish because I n-never make a kickstarter!

*blinks slowly* C-can you rephrase this? I don't t-think I understand.

N-no. Auditory hallucinations are n-not sufficient to indicate schizophrenia, given t-they are quite common.

You ever woken up because you heard your mom calling you, but she didn't actually call you? Auditory hallucination.

You should play Mount and Blade: Warband and be "Alice, Queen of Calradia"

Do psychologists treat themselves when they get depressed?

Do you think you need gender dysphoria to be transgender?

N-no. Self diagnosis and self treatment are b-bad ideas.

I t-think that's a question we d-don't necessarily have a strong answer t-to yet.

Calradia?

I need to save money, something I have never been able to do.
My father struggles with an opioid/heroin addiction, the rest of my family grew up dealing with that addiction and its left us all kind of developmentally stunted. My brothers and my mother are all in worse places mentally than I am.. Imagine a family of Revy's but without medication. Maybe I still want to help them but I feel like making my own dreams happen would require me to not be able to help them as much. I can't even take classes, I don't own a car, my health is detereorating.. I need to get my head above water, basically.
I need to find a better job that isn't retail or I need to find some other way to make money so I can spend my energy on my own projects.

Wouldn't fall under the shadow of an inner lying problem? Don't get me wrong, I know what you mean. But if that's not real. Then what is?

Yo alice when we gonna see sone puss puss

>Calradia?
The world that the base game is set in. But hey there's mods and such so you can be Queen of Europe, or Queen of Southeast Asia, or even Queen of Pendor.

Whew. T-that's rough Rev. I'm a f-financial engineer though, I c-can work with you to show you how to save

There is a girl that friendzoned me a year ago. I stopped talking to her but we go back and forth. She just wants to keeps spinning me around but everytime I make a move she rejects me. Seriously what the hell is her problem is she a psycho?

*blinks slowly* N-not sure where you are going with this. Sometimes your b-brain makes predictive mistakes; it's ALWAYS predicting and lying to you.

The REAL WORLD is a vivid hallucination; "optical illusions" are where this hallucination breaks down.

Her p-problem is she said no and you s-still keep trying.

You seem smart, why are you helping losers like us?

hey alice, have a nice day

Stream to night?

I'm Alice. I've b-been helping Sup Forums for six years.
I'm here doing it b-because no one else is h-here to do it and it n-needs to be done.

Do you recognise this place?

P-probably Crash at 9PM EST, yes

Why Sup Forums? This place is a cesspool

Is engineering boring?

B-because it is my home. I've b-been posting here since 2004.

As well, where else needs it more?

There is actually no way I can ever explain things on the more detailed oriented side because that isn't what I have time for. I just need to align myself with my old self and ask what has changed. That will hopefully give me the insight I crave. However... I don't know what to discard and what to keep.

How come you are not a neckbeard?

I d-don't find it so

Why am I attracted to middle-aged women so much?

Why am I depressed?

I might take you up on that offer. I lack a lot of money management skills.

T-the real question is, why aren't y-you seeking treatment?

R-random fetish due t-to exposure as a c-child. Nothing t-to worry about.

You sound like the perfect waifu

I'm q-quite adept at it

I'm n-no ones waifu dear. I'm Alice

Single?

That's a nice kitchen