youtube.com/watch?v=GEp7dUk7Qxk
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7CyZGlI4yE
youtube.com/watch?v=o8P8gd937gE
youtube.com/watch?v=TS1rWY-6xks
youtube.com/watch?v=iKgPW5FI0LE
youtube.com/watch?v=54wpCk6nf5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i like the ramones :)

I said a good thread user. Post about bands that don't get talked about to death

Yeah, alright. I've just now started getting into punk. You like The Damned? Also, any thoughts on Marquee Moon and other albums released around the conception of punk being labeled post-punk?

my war is my favorite black flag album, what's yours?

I'm not a big Black Flag guy

I'm sorry for saying that then. Want me to link you to some cool comps I like? Not a big UK punk fan. Never listened to post punk

Different user. The Damned are one of my favorite bands. The don't get talked about nearly enough when people discuss that '77 punk shit. Met captain sensible when I saw them live a few years back, he was an absolute delight.

Have you checked out Wire? Pink flag is an excellent example of punk becoming post-punk. Of course I'd throw Warsaw and Pil in there too.
Damaged, like most black flag fans, I think.

>Pink flag is an excellent example of punk becoming post-punk

Pink Flag came out one year after The Ramones s/t though - Punk was barely even a genre.

And yeah, I've listened to Pink Flag a fuck ton of times, and Chairs Missing once or twice. Great stuff.

punk was a genre long before the ramones

I guess I shouldn't have used RYM as my source.

Are you referring to proto stuff like The Stooges or TVU? Or was there some more traditionally punk stuff that was floating around before '76?

youtube.com/watch?v=GEp7dUk7Qxk

There were a few bands like Electric Eels and Rocket from the Tombs doing punk before 76. It's just the Ramones didn't create this music. They just came up the most in a scene with a ton of bands doing similar things. The Ramones were just the poppiest so they got the most attention.

Live 84 is super underrated

Fair enough. But didn't they jumpstart the scene? It sounds like UK punk drew a lot of influence from them.

Also, have you heard Debris - Static Disposal?

A bunch of cities were experiencing punk at the same time. I don't think it's right to lay it all on the Ramones and New Yorks shoulders. Yeah I have. Good record!

Interesting stuff. I'll have to check out the bands you mentioned.

Cleveland was a big punk city at its birth. Electric Eels, Rocket from the Tombs (who later became the Dead Boys), Mirrors, Styreenes. You ever listened to the Killed By Death comps?

Nope, can't say I have.

I really like older post hardcore and skramz and shit
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7CyZGlI4yE

>blocks your path

Best punk comp series of all time

KBD 2 youtube.com/watch?v=o8P8gd937gE

KBD 5 youtube.com/watch?v=TS1rWY-6xks

KBD 7

KBD 8.5

Last 2 ain't on youtube but they're great. If you like Debirs you might like Gary Wrong and FNU Clone. They're modern weirdo punk shit

Gary Wrong youtube.com/watch?v=iKgPW5FI0LE

FNU Clone youtube.com/watch?v=54wpCk6nf5M

How do you all feel about folk punk? I really dig it. But the people I hang out with are into post-punkand early industrial.
I've always thought wire sounds more like early post-punk, because pink flag was more innovative and ahead of its time. It did come out in '77 though. Gang of Four was already formed that year.

folk punk and post punk are shit. fight me.